Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

US economy: 3.3 shocking 4th quarter growth!!!

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

The year 2023 grew 2.5% vs the killer 1.9% growth in 2022 vs 2021. Also, government spending as a % of GDP grew 3.5% vs 2022. It's booming all right.

Against the headwinds of the increased interest rates that was design to slow down the growth of the US economy, those numbers are blistering. Trump could barely pull those numbers with near zero interest rates.
    Jesus christ.

Watching the Chinese economy implode and saying, "Hold my beer."

Can't wait for HuskyBuck to tell us we don't know enough about MMT.
    Great call.

He learned everything you need to know about MMT from MSNBC. All you need to know in one sound bite.

• Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 799
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited January 25
    Lol….I effing love it…..”Real Americans” cheer against America when good economic news comes out because it doesn’t match their narrative.

Man it must hurt. And PS, I get my news from Fox Business News! Look at the link I used! Some real geniuses in here, maybe that explains why their finances aren’t in order lolololol.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    33 trillion in debt and still going, 1.375 trillion deficit in '22, but throw money at Ukraine and Israel

inflation at 9.1 percent not long ago

10 million illegals, I mean "asylum seekers" in 3 years

nothing to be critical of at all
  • Options

33 trillion in debt and still going, 1.375 trillion deficit in '22, but throw money at Ukraine and Israel

Deficits are a problem, no question about it. I 100% agree with you. But why are you calling it out now? Every single president in my lifetime has run a deficit minus Clinton for 2 years.

You must have been REALLY pissed off during the Trump years then? Right Bill? You're not a hypocrite are you?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

Deficits are a problem, no question about it. I 100% agree with you. But why are you calling it out now? Every single president in my lifetime has run a deficit minus Clinton for 2 years.

You must have been REALLY pissed off during the Trump years then? Right Bill? You're not a hypocrite are you?
    Yes, many of us were. You weren't here hth.

Lots of us didn't like the Trump checks either.

What percentage of the 3.3% growth was the private sector as opposed to government spending increases made with money borrowed from future growth?
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,915
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

Clinton never actually ran a true surplus. He borrowed from social security to show a fake surplus. It was still a good performance though relatively speaking.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Clinton never actually ran a true surplus. He borrowed from social security to show a fake surplus. It was still a good performance though relatively speaking.
    Regardless, even if you account for that then he came the closest to running that surplus but that wasn’t the point of my comment.

Calling out Biden now for deficit spending is disingenuous because everyone runs deficits. Trump did worse damage if that irritates you now.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,915
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Regardless, even if you account for that then he came the closest to running that surplus but that wasn’t the point of my comment.

Calling out Biden now for deficit spending is disingenuous because everyone runs deficits. Trump did worse damage if that irritates you now.
    Don't look at me, I voted for Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,906
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Clinton also had to deal with an actual fiscal conservative republican speaker of the House in Newt.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Buck can't connect the Reagan revolution to the good Clinton economy which continued the growth

W started two wars and then Obama brought the shitty policies that Biden brought back

Trump had a better economy.

And a growing lead daily
  • Options
    edited January 25
    Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Don't look at me, I voted for Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012.
    I respect that. The one thing I respect about Ron Paul is that he stuck to his guns. He didn’t dance on both sides of the fence when it suited him.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

I'm always pissed off
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Buck can't connect the Reagan revolution to the good Clinton economy which continued the growth

W started two wars and then Obama brought the shitty policies that Biden brought back

Trump had a better economy.

And a growing lead daily

People forget Obama started 7 wars. People forget that.

Nobel Peace Prize indeed.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I don’t see how Biden can brag about the economy when most people are pretty down on their personal situation and cost of living

Feels like a mistake
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyBuck said:

Sledog said:

HuskyBuck said:

The fourth-quarter data provided more evidence that the recovery remains on solid footing. Consumer spending, the bedrock of the U.S. economy, grew at a 2.8 percent annual rate, only modestly slower than the prior quarter. The housing sector, which was battered by high interest rates in 2022 and early 2023, grew modestly for the second quarter in a row. Businesses stepped up their investment on equipment. Personal income rose faster than prices as the strong job market continued to benefit workers.

Gotta admit, watching you guys try to spin doctor this information has been more entertaining than the Barbenheimer double header!!!

Always great when consumer spending increases less than the inflation rate. Booming I say!
    You gotta excuse SheDog……I already knew the guy can barely read.

Are you just the alt of @HHusky, or only his lover?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyBuck said:

So you practice whataboutism, while complaining about others doing it.

Wow. @HuskyBitch is a Hypocrite, too. Whaddayaknow?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Haven’t been to the tug in awhile. Is @HuskyBuck on the same level as @HHusky in faggotry?

Seems like she might even have taken the lead.

It was nice having football dominate the thoughts
  • Options
    EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 1,516
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Who could imagine that the federal government pumping hundreds of billions into the economy might lead to minimal growth?

With the taxpayer money being spent in government work projects, 10% GDP should be the expectation because this is unsustainable. Almost hope Biden wins so it will exacerbate the upcoming chaos and the fat, happy Democrats dependent on their government salaries/retirements/contracts will be blindsided by it.