Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Napoleon Kaufman #8 Washington Husky highlights

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    God I loved that guy. Everything great about being a Huskieieie.

Though no Nip (His friends call him Nip) highlight reel is complete without including his totally unnecessary and probably a penalty block at the end of the Richard Thomas screen pass at Miami when he made up at least 15 yards on him.
  • Options
    1990grad1990grad Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Can't have enough Nip
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Alexis said:

God I loved that guy. Everything great about being a Huskieieie.

Though no Nip (His friends call him Nip) highlight reel is complete without including his totally unnecessary and probably a penalty block at the end of the Richard Thomas screen pass at Miami when he made up at least 15 yards on him.

This!

He closed on that guy so fast.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nice shade of purple there. I don't usually pay much attention to uniforms but that's what I kept thinking about during the video.
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    There have arguably been better players, maybe even faster players (John Ross), but Kaufman is still the last guy I watch and think “UW isn’t supposed to have players like that”.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Was a student in '91 and everyone stayed around during the blowouts just to watch Nip get some carries.

Yep same. That was reason enough to go to a game when we knew it was going to be a blowout.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,276
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I've watched them all from Greg Lewis up to DJ this season and Nip has been the best IMO. Every single carry he was a threat to take it to the house, he was electric, cut back and juke moves were video game type shit.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,547
    Swaye's Wigwam

There have arguably been better players, maybe even faster players (John Ross), but Kaufman is still the last guy I watch and think “UW isn’t supposed to have players like that”.

One of the greatest recruits ever before TBS was national disgrace. Tommy Smith too. James really had So Cal rolling which is why "they" had to stop him

And Nip is from Lompoc which isn't So Cal for our autistic readers but still
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LOFL- I was literally watching this 2 days ago. Fucking YouTube serving up HH with nostalgia.

NOTE: I miss the old broadcasts, they felt that you were in the stadium. Nowadays it seems as though they filter out a lot of the crowd noise so you can hear the announcers or only when they want you to.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Postal91 said:

LOFL- I was literally watching this 2 days ago. Fucking YouTube serving up HH with nostalgia.

NOTE: I miss the old broadcasts, they felt that you were in the stadium. Nowadays it seems as though they filter out a lot of the crowd noise so you can hear the announcers or only when they want you to.

The flubug era ushered in the realization that networks could save money by having announcers call the games remotely. They’re still doing it.
  • Options
    TrojanSwordTrojanSword Member Posts: 542
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I watched this highlight vid when I was waiting for the Sugar Bowl and wanted to dwell on the past.

Fuck we used to have some bad ass running backs. Nip was the one my favorites. I had bunch of posters of him.

"Cool story bro". I know.