Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hopkins

wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 123
First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
Standard Supporter
edited January 26 in Payton's Place
I'm subbing my deboer hate today for Hopkins. He has willinghamed the basketball program. Program was once a number 1 seed in the fucking big dance and now no one gives 2 shits how terrible they are, or when they are even playing or who any of the players are on the roster.

Comments

• Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I bet there’s an Isaiah, a Will, and possibly a Kevin.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They beat Cal on a buzzer beater. What more do you want?
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

I bet there’s an Isaiah, a Will, and possibly a Kevin.

Close! I just looked it up. No Kevin but there is a Keion. Wilhelm? And I was right about Isaiah.

The whole conference appears to be terrible. Arizona #9. No other ranked teams. UCLA has a losing record.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Great bored selection as always.

Mods?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 24

Use to watch almost every game in the Romar era. I haven’t watched a full game in like 3-4 years.

Same. I used to go to 1-2 games a year. I think the last one I went to, we beat Arizona on a buzzer beater 3. Can’t even remember who made it

Edit: just looked it up, Dominic Green, and that was in 2018
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    credit for beating Gongaga because fuck them

haven't watched a gayme in probably two weeks

we aren't serious about basketball

I think I know 2 players, and there's a white guy who wears glasses, Kurt Rambis Jr. perhaps.
  • Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 123
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter

credit for beating Gongaga because fuck them

haven't watched a gayme in probably two weeks

we aren't serious about basketball

I think I know 2 players, and there's a white guy who wears glasses, Kurt Rambis Jr. perhaps.

I thought the Kurt Rambis dude was the 7'5" guy from Richland. Apparently not and the program just reloads gangly fucking white giants
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Reminds me of the Almost Live skit with COPS in the U-District and he tells the students the quietest place on campus is Hec Ed during a men's basketball game

Also had Lincoln Kennedy in that sketch

https://youtu.be/Yu3mqsuo3hw?si=qUzeRejCLKE01V2y

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    UW sucks but its a larger college basketball problem now.

Its almost entirely propped up by shitty small east coast schools, march, and gambling now...

CBB has been ahead of the curve with their own destruction with 1 and done, euro players, and transfers for years now.

Outside of UW's shitty basketball, even my hardcore Broon and Wildcoot basketball family members have largely stopped caring... They were the type of basketball wierdos flying out to pre-season tournaments and donating big booster dollars, they dont even call for help with their Pac12 logins anymore, "its not worth the trouble".
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The new dead horse I'm flogging is college basketball got wrecked by the ridiculous transfer portal before college football is about to. I'll look at box scores and click on the players on UW and who they're playing in the Pac-12 because I have no fucking clue how they are and 95% they're transfers and a decent amount have already played at two difference schools.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The new dead horse I'm flogging is college basketball got wrecked by the ridiculous transfer portal before college football is about to. I'll look at box scores and click on the players on UW and who they're playing in the Pac-12 because I have no fucking clue how they are and 95% they're transfers and a decent amount have already played at two difference schools.

Part of it imo is that Hopkins is so desperate he's rolling over his roster the last 2 years outside of 2 or 3 players. Running off guys to Utah and then replacing them with a shooter from the Portland Pilots. The AD let it turn into this obviously.

I still just vividly remember one of the few times I went into that reserved part of The Zone against Stanford in 22 and he had the entire team in there partying. Just not a good luck when it's supposedly a make or break year for you. Soft coach, soft teams.