Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Don Brown named as UW DC is what I’m hearing

Comments

• Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Has had a dozen top 10 FBS defenses and is nicknamed Dr. Blitz for his aggressive style. What more can you ask for? I'm all for giving Jim Lambright 2.0 a try.

He got the shaft at Michigan. 4 straight top 10 defenses and then they dropped to 56th during the Covid year when they were 2-4. Then he got fired. I'm gonna let that one slide for now.

Good context.

But the bottom line is that it sounds like Pete Carroll said no. Bummer.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,540
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Over the hill. Yikes.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,184
    Founders Club
    edited January 24

Major pass.

It's because he looks like the nice old man working at your local Home Depot, isn't it?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Guess we want to raid the UMass roster now?
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I don’t want to go all @Dennis_DeYoung here, but if you state you care about recruiting you don’t hire a 68 year white guy with a baller mustache to be your defensive coordinator. Sorry boomers.
  • Options
    edited January 24

I don’t want to go all @Dennis_DeYoung here, but if you state you care about recruiting you don’t hire a 68 year white guy with a baller mustache to be your defensive coordinator. Sorry boomers.

Boomers probably give more $$ to the UW Football program than all of the younger age groups combined.

So fuck off using age as a way of dividing people.

And as we've seen, being as young as DeBoer didn't help his recruiting much.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    edited January 24

Boomers probably give more $$ to the UW Football program than all of the younger age groups combined.

Just because old coaches can’t recruit doesn’t mean all young coaches can recruit.
  • Options
    Edited too late to add...

No offense to any of the young dipshits here.
  • Options

Just because old coaches can’t recruit doesn’t mean all young coaches can recruit.
    Just because some dipshits think that older guys can't recruit didn't stop guys like Saban and Harbaugh from recruiting.

Logic works in both directions. Assuming that all old guys suck at recruiting is as fucktarded as assuming that all younger guys will be better at it.
    Ahh yes, Don Brown is just like Nick Saban.
  • Options

Just because some dipshits think that older guys can't recruit didn't stop guys like Saban and Harbaugh from recruiting.

Logic works in both directions. Assuming that all old guys suck at recruiting is as fucktarded as assuming that all younger guys will be better at it.
    You're the poster saying old coaches can't recruit.

At least now you've backpedaled to that point of admitting that it might be about something other than the coaches age.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

TheHB said:

If it was between Brown and Inge/Morrell, count me among those willing to give the former an opportunity

Morrell adjusted well in the 2nd half, particularly in the last 4 to 5 games played. First DC to do that in awhile, probably since Kwat.

D stepped up big in the NC game & got critical stops. O then shit the bed multiple times until the D was worn down.

Lots of legitimate shit talked about Morrell, fair enough. But he at least had his head in the game as they wore on.
    Morrell never had a old grizzly guy to work under.

If UW/Fish wants to experiment with Brown as the elder DC for 2-4 years and Morrell as the co-DC/LB I guess that kind of makes sense...

Would be more excited about it if the players were more loyal to Morrell and the roster wasn't bleeding but even when I thought Debare was staying I said that Morrell needed help or a mentor because he didn't seem quiet ready.
    I’d keep Inge over Morrell. Coached LBs, Morrell coached safeties. i getvthe impression thatvInge was slightly better at recruiting than Morrell.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

TheHB said:

If it was between Brown and Inge/Morrell, count me among those willing to give the former an opportunity

Morrell adjusted well in the 2nd half, particularly in the last 4 to 5 games played. First DC to do that in awhile, probably since Kwat.

D stepped up big in the NC game & got critical stops. O then shit the bed multiple times until the D was worn down.

Lots of legitimate shit talked about Morrell, fair enough. But he at least had his head in the game as they wore on.

If UW/Fish wants to experiment with Brown as the elder DC for 2-4 years and Morrell as the co-DC/LB I guess that kind of makes sense...

Would be more excited about it if the players were more loyal to Morrell and the roster wasn't bleeding but even when I thought Debare was staying I said that Morrell needed help or a mentor because he didn't seem quiet ready.
    I’d keep Inge over Morrell. Coached LBs, Morrell coached safeties. i getvthe impression thatvInge was slightly better at recruiting than Morrell.
    Learn how to use a space bar idiot hahaha

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Houhusky said:

TheHB said:

Learn how to use a space bar idiot hahaha

Did that intentionally. Made you think and care.
  • Options

You're the poster saying old coaches can't recruit.

At least now you've backpedaled to that point of admitting that it might be about something other than the coaches age.

No, that was someone else I just pointed out your response was stupid.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I disagree with what I’m about to say but I’m going to say it anyways. When the thought came I dismissed myself as being an idiot.

With the modern era of NIL “contracts” does having an excellent recruiter matter as much when the kids are just looking for the bags?

Minimal recruiting in the NFL as money talks and that’s the way the college game is going.

Food for though. Right, wrong, who gives a fuck.