Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Time softens the edges ..

Today is the first day I haven’t been super angry or blinded by frustration from the natty and my wet walk back to the car in Houston and then drive through typhoon that night to San Antonio .. then the subsequent kick in the balls of DeBoer leaving and then learning he interviewed in Houston.

The season was amazing .. just short of the ultimate goal … I’m glad I went to Houston with my son who met me via LA. I just wish his other Dad could have been there with us …

Time will soften all the hard edges eventually. Hopefully I’m still alive for the next visit to a natty …

The walk on the beach really helped …

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Still want to kill someone.

@46XiJCAB true?
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm looking forward to doing our full season post walk on the beach circle jerk on the pod. Really feels to me like a surreal fling you have with a really hot chick (or guy, for some of you) that ends in the worst way possible. You're brain, heart, and stomach are in knots, but you eventually need to step back and appreciate it all for what it was.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LawDawg1 said:

@46XiJCAB true?
    Only here because you requested my presence. Want to make that clear.

Come over to DR and I’ll give you an answer.

Certain candy asses over here will cry if they don’t like it.

• Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited January 22
    I'm grateful that college football's death was a rapid experience for me (it could have dragged on for along time). All-time experience just a few weeks ago in the run-up to the CFP. At least we can still have our? ameteur hour on the boreds.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 774
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    LawDawg1 said:

I was damn close to letting college football become the shitshow it has become and came as close to walking away as possible. Gave up season tickets after 20 years, club seats, e-12 parking, and ready to watch games on TV. Then 2023 happened to renew my interest. Was hoping for one incredible goodbye sex year and got damn close to it. Dribbled down my leg.

I figured 2024 would suck but a few holes might be plugged with the transfer portal. Now 2024 looks like why I was ready to give up on the sport as the last 10 days has shown what the NIL and transfer portal can and will do. It’s a joke. Yes, we can play along But this isn’t what I signed up for as a fan.

Good post. You're right, my fandom is grandfathered in at this point. When the rosters and coaches turn over every year or two, what are you a fan of?

I heard Softy trying to cheerlead on this last week - he was searching for the core message and in his stream of conscience ramble, I think he realized he'd trapped himself. "Coaches are gonna change, players are gonna change. What's important is... (and this is where he realized he didn't know what the fuck to say next that would be honest) ... your fellow fans that make Husky nation great." Well fuck. Between the perverts here and the suckups on Dawgman, who is this fan base that makes all these hours and attention worthwhile?

For me it's not the fanbase at all. I disliked Seattle passivity so much that I moved to Jedd Fisch's coast. But I loved something about the UW that's deep inside. Those memories of us being great year after year and knowing some of the players - are a favorite part of my life. So I guess once you're hooked you're hooked.

But back to LawDawg's point. Yeah this new sport sucks.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

LawDawg1 said:

I was damn close to letting college football become the shitshow it has become and came as close to walking away as possible. Gave up season tickets after 20 years, club seats, e-12 parking, and ready to watch games on TV. Then 2023 happened to renew my interest. Was hoping for one incredible goodbye sex year and got damn close to it. Dribbled down my leg.

I figured 2024 would suck but a few holes might be plugged with the transfer portal. Now 2024 looks like why I was ready to give up on the sport as the last 10 days has shown what the NIL and transfer portal can and will do. It’s a joke. Yes, we can play along But this isn’t what I signed up for as a fan.

Good post. You're right, my fandom is grandfathered in at this point. When the rosters and coaches turn over every year or two, what are you a fan of?

I heard Softy trying to cheerlead on this last week - he was searching for the core message and in his stream of conscience ramble, I think he realized he'd trapped himself. "Coaches are gonna change, players are gonna change. What's important is... (and this is where he realized he didn't know what the fuck to say next that would be honest) ... your fellow fans that make Husky nation great." Well fuck. Between the perverts here and the suckups on Dawgman, who is this fan base that makes all these hours and attention worthwhile?

For me it's not the fanbase at all. I disliked Seattle passivity so much that I moved to Jedd Fisch's coast. But I loved something about the UW that's deep inside. Those memories of us being great year after year and knowing some of the players - are a favorite part of my life. So I guess once you're hooked you're hooked.

But back to LawDawg's point. Yeah this new sport sucks.
    imagine being old enough to remember when UW was great year after year... must be nice...
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

LawDawg1 said:

@46XiJCAB true?
    Only here because you requested my presence. Want to make that clear.

Come over to DR and I’ll give you an answer.

Certain candy asses over here will cry if they don’t like it.

"Come over to DR" 🤣

Like it's a physical place 😆
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 774
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    jecornel said:

If all of the rumors swirling about Deboer’s behavior leading up to the natty were true then he was completely checked out before the game. You can’t help but wonder what could have been had he been all in.

Also, no real parting message to the fans after leaving. You have to wonder if the guy truly feels anything.

Well you have to wonder if he had some hostility for some reason. You hope he'll at least send flowers after he ficks our roster.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 22

jecornel said:

If all of the rumors swirling about Deboer’s behavior leading up to the natty were true then he was completely checked out before the game. You can’t help but wonder what could have been had he been all in.

Also, no real parting message to the fans after leaving. You have to wonder if the guy truly feels anything.

I am currently watching 7 games on 3 monitors, drinking whiskey, smoking keef and talking shit

My girlfriend, and her girlfriend, are watching Friends from across the living room and looking at me like I'm a psychopath (if this shoe fits @PostGameOrangeSlices )

I tell her I'm a bigger cuog fan than she is and to STFU
  • Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 152
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Today is the first day I haven’t been super angry or blinded by frustration from the natty and my wet walk back to the car in Houston and then drive through typhoon that night to San Antonio .. then the subsequent kick in the balls of DeBoer leaving and then learning he interviewed in Houston.

The season was amazing .. just short of the ultimate goal … I’m glad I went to Houston with my son who met me via LA. I just wish his other Dad could have been there with us …

Time will soften all the hard edges eventually. Hopefully I’m still alive for the next visit to a natty …

The walk on the beach really helped …

Wasn't this a Hallmark movie?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not going to be jilted lover with DeBoer. He didn't want to live in Seattle/West Coast if he didn't have to.

Harbaugh had one foot out the door to the NFL and simply beat him.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Mercenaries typically don’t feel.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    jecornel said:

If all of the rumors swirling about Deboer’s behavior leading up to the natty were true then he was completely checked out before the game.

I heard the interview rumor. What are the other rumors you refer to?