Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete Carroll

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm on board with this.

It's Pete fucking Carroll. Every High School football player knows who that is. He can recruit. He will recruit. He sputtered a bit with the Seahawks, but that doesn't mean he can't still be successful at the college level.

That is of course assuming we can't get a promising up-and-comer like Jed Fisch.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Pete gets the chance at redemption and revenge in the city where he was just fired. 12 heads would implode. I'm now fully on-board.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm on board with this.

It's Pete fucking Carroll. Every High School football player knows who that is. He can recruit. He will recruit. He sputtered a bit with the Seahawks, but that doesn't mean he can't still be successful at the college level.

That is of course assuming we can't get a promising up-and-comer like Jed Fisch.

Fisch you know will leave, but won't know when so you can't plan for the transition. Carroll you will know at the outset and can have a seamless transition to keep it rolling. I also think he would just be a far better recruiter than Fisch.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

AEB said:

The thing I hate about Pete is that his age would be used against him. Not sure that matters as much in this mercenary world that college football is now.

What I love about Pete is his program would be fun and he sure as hell would have a chip on his shoulder. He would recruit hard and is obsessed with winning. I could be convinced.

This is where I’m at. Massive chip. Massively motivated. Infectious energy. And, a Rolodex of coaches to staff up. College now is more like the pros anyways.
    If Mack brown can get unc to a fringe top 25 program Carroll can get us to a top 12 I think. Would get some LA kids. This could potentially resurrect my doog boner.
    What a big dick move that would be. My doog boner would rage for at least 4 hours before my hospital visit where they would remove my boner. How is that even accomplished? Unrelated, but now I'm curious.
    I think the doctor sticks a needle in your dick to drain the blood.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

Forgive me if I’ve said this before, but I’m worried Pete Carroll would be Chip Kelly at UCLA all over again.

Respectively disagree. I think @AtomicDawg reference to Mack Brown is more accurate. I live in the Carolinas and Mack is not Pete. Pete’s a Hall of Famer in the pros and college. Realistically, I think it’s unrealistic. But, it would be epic if it happened.
    Learn something new everyday.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

AEB said:

Forgive me if I’ve said this before, but I’m worried Pete Carroll would be Chip Kelly at UCLA all over again.

Respectively disagree. I think @AtomicDawg reference to Mack Brown is more accurate. I live in the Carolinas and Mack is not Pete. Pete’s a Hall of Famer in the pros and college. Realistically, I think it’s unrealistic. But, it would be epic if it happened.
    Learn something new everyday.
    Sure.