Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete Carroll

At 72 years old, he's now officially working in an advisory role for the Seahawks. He isn't ruling out a return to coaching with another team. He's just not counting on it.

"I've got plenty of energy for it and thought and willingness, but I can't imagine there’s a place, the right one," Carroll said of taking another coaching job, per ESPN's Brady Henderson. "I don’t know.

"I'm open to everything, but I’m not holding my breath on that. There’s a lot of world out here that I’m excited about challenging and going after. So if that happens, it happens. We’ll see."

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

Hire Pete. He brings his son in as offensive coordinator and we have him for 5 years. There’s a world where this could happen. He’s CEO Head Coach.

Yup.
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    AEB said:

Hire Pete. He brings his son in as offensive coordinator and we have him for 5 years. There’s a world where this could happen. He’s CEO Head Coach.

Herm Edwards!
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,297
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    I'm not against it.

I also am not against Petersen coming in as a true CEO, taking an average salary, spending big on assistants with previous HC experience, and righting the ship before a real handoff, out of the goodness of his heart. I understand this idea is dumb as shit. I just want to trust someone.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    It’s smalltime until the NIL $’s in place.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Let's live December 2021 all over. Kellen Moore.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

As an oc I would be okay with that. He is still jobless as I understand it.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,868
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    better than Kingsbury, but he's not what he was

• Options
    Founders Club

As an oc I would be okay with that. He is still jobless as I understand it.
    He's slated to be an NFL HC for one of the openings and therefore I don't think we should dismiss him as college HC potential, even though it aint happenin.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

The thing I hate about Pete is that his age would be used against him. Not sure that matters as much in this mercenary world that college football is now.

What I love about Pete is his program would be fun and he sure as hell would have a chip on his shoulder. He would recruit hard and is obsessed with winning. I could be convinced.

This is where I’m at. Massive chip. Massively motivated. Infectious energy. And, a Rolodex of coaches to staff up. College now is more like the pros anyways.
    If Mack brown can get unc to a fringe top 25 program Carroll can get us to a top 12 I think. Would get some LA kids. This could potentially resurrect my doog boner.
    What a big dick move that would be. My doog boner would rage for at least 4 hours before my hospital visit where they would remove my boner. How is that even accomplished? Unrelated, but now I'm curious.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 13
    Forgive me if I’ve said this before, but I’m worried Pete Carroll would be Chip Kelly at UCLA all over again.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 13

Forgive me if I’ve said this before, but I’m worried Pete Carroll would be Chip Kelly at UCLA all over again.

Difference is chip has been mailing it in and not caring a job before he even got to ucla.

Pete would coach if it was free. He is obsessed with football/winning/ and defense. He would work his ass off. Chip gave up when he got fired in Philly. Dgaf @ sf and ucla.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Respectively disagree. I think @AtomicDawg reference to Mack Brown is more accurate. I live in the Carolinas and Mack is not Pete. Pete’s a Hall of Famer in the pros and college. Realistically, I think it’s unrealistic. But, it would be epic if it happened.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    I don’t think it’s that unrealistic, he said he wants to coach again. What’s a better option for him?

Whether it’s the right thing for UW is debatable, but I don’t think it’s some fantastical idea that could never happen.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

Respectively disagree. I think @AtomicDawg reference to Mack Brown is more accurate. I live in the Carolinas and Mack is not Pete. Pete’s a Hall of Famer in the pros and college. Realistically, I think it’s unrealistic. But, it would be epic if it happened.
    OK, you, @AtomicDawg and @CuntWaffle make good points. I’m sold.