Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let the pillaging begin

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Damn Tybo had a certain je ne sais quoi IMO that's a loss

Not worried about Tybo. He’s going to end up at Fresno State or something.
    As a true freshman he was UWs #2 back. Even if Fisch finds a better back he would be a good back up this year
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

As a true freshman he was UWs #2 back. Even if Fisch finds a better back he would be a good back up this year
    He was gone before all of this stuff for other reasons.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

He was forced to be the #2 guy because one of the guys in front of him shredded his knee during training camp. If Davis doesn’t get hurt, Tybo is probably fourth on the depth chart behind DJ, Davis, and Will Nixon.

As our unexpected number two, he had 50 total touches - a third of those coming in the Michigan State blowout - and the coaches preferred playing a dude who had one leg late in the season to letting Tybo get more carries.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,112
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tybo plus 15 pounds is enticing. The hands? Who knows🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

He was forced to be the #2 guy because one of the guys in front of him shredded his knee during training camp. If Davis doesn’t get hurt, Tybo is probably fourth on the depth chart behind DJ, Davis, and Will Nixon.

As our unexpected number two, he had 50 total touches - a third of those coming in the Michigan State blowout - and the coaches preferred playing a dude who had one leg late in the season to letting Tybo get more carries.
    It doesn't matter how he good he is. It matters how good he is compared to their next option. If he's their second best RB and they lose him then that just moves the 3rd best guy up
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

I swear half these kids in the portal are just doing it because they think "this is what you do". Where in thebhell are some of these guys gonna go? They weren't exactly ripping it up and now they have playing time staring them in the face.

I am in the camp that Roger's has potential especially he can avoid the drops. The rest of the rb's on the roster are far worse.

Same thoughts. It seems like someone is advising players to just get their name in there and then LIPO.

I'd be happier if Rogers didn't portal. He has potential, at least as a platoon back.
    They feel left out if people aren't thinking about them in the portal. They are immature attention whores who think they are stars.

It's a huge waste of resources. Just stay the fuck where you are instead of clogging up our airports and trying to learn new schemes and playing in the Pop Tart bowl.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

It doesn't matter how he good he is. It matters how good he is compared to their next option. If he's their second best RB and they lose him then that just moves the 3rd best guy up
    Meh, there are hundreds of guys out there that are basically equivalent.

If they ain’t elite or at least an above average starter it doesn’t really matter. Especially at RB where you can’t really impact a game too much with negative plays like a bad DB can.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We need him. Tybo just entered the portal

Restraining order?
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I don’t get second stringers hopping in the portal, you want to make the NFL, get tape balling out against Big 10 teams. I’m referring specially to you Hatchett’s. Whatever.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

If they ain’t elite or at least an above average starter it doesn’t really matter. Especially at RB where you can’t really impact a game too much with negative plays like a bad DB can.
    Who? Name some specific players that would be better than him. Even if there are then I'd rather Fisch process a worse RB and keep Tybo. He's got athleticism and wiggle that isn't coming through that door
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,235
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Remember yesterday when everyone was melting down that Arizona players weren’t immediately portaling? FremontTroll remembers.

No offense but are any of the 7 difference makers in 2024? I guess just having enough for a scrimmage this spring would be a positive.
    Yes they are. I don’t remember you being this miserable years ago what happened?
    College football was changed and the program I support seemed to be waking up from a 30 year slumber only to be decimated less than a week from playing in the national championship. But your comment does remind me not to place an inordinate amount of value in a game.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Who? Name some specific players that would be better than him. Even if there are then I'd rather Fisch process a worse RB and keep Tybo. He's got athleticism and wiggle that isn't coming through that door
    I would rather keep Tybo too he has potential. Re-read the post I was responding to too. He was basically talking about replacement value and the back up now being replaced by the 3rd string. Tybo was replacement level last year. You could have given all his touches to Nixon it would have made zero difference.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

I would rather keep Tybo too he has potential. Re-read the post I was responding to too. He was basically talking about replacement value and the back up now being replaced by the 3rd string. Tybo was replacement level last year. You could have given all his touches to Nixon it would have made zero difference.
    Im not sure you can say that. He got way more snaps than Nixon for a reason. Deboer played the right guys
  • Options
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Im not sure you can say that. He got way more snaps than Nixon for a reason. Deboer played the right guys
    The reason was his future potential. He did nothing with his touches this year.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

The reason was his future potential. He did nothing with his touches this year.
    Tybo showed nothing special, there are probably 2-4 JR RBs with 2 years left just as good, if not better, at smaller poachable schools on the west coast right now.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    Doogles said:

Tybo the only player to break a tackle vs Michigan

People forget that… JMAC (still love him) on the other hand
  • Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 124
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

Tybo the only player to break a tackle vs Michigan

People forget that… JMAC (still love him) on the other hand
    A twig and needed an Odunze weight gain year and catch/yardage year to stick in the league. Hope I'm wrong but don't see him making it