Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Powell going to play for Cristobal

DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam

Wasn’t Powell part of the team that represented everything wrong with college football?

Comments

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,133
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Respect for him for picking off a shit QB who has no business playing competitive athletics and “saving” our season, but without that play? I’d rather have a 44 year old Chris Massey out there after he’s done chasing Roy Williams around Qualcomm tomorrow.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 18
    meh... a strange decision but nbd

6th year senior to Miami to chase Latinas on the beach and call it a day I guess? A very real chance is just rides the bench at Miami...

Miami is returning 1 locked in starting CB, and has two young CBs that were exchanging time last year and also has some local 5 star super Safety they beat Bama for plus a couple transfers they already signed...

IDK Powell could just chase Miami tail next year, at UW he would have been a locked in starter, probably got a mid NIL deal, and maybe snuck in as a 6th round/special teams NFL guy after a good year.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don't understand these schools that allegedly are loaded with talent handing out bags to average to slightly above average players. Good for Powell to get paid I guess.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't blame anybody in their last year saying "I've already got this thing as high as it will get while I'm at UW and I'm going to go get paid while playing for a program that either gives me a better chance to compete for a title or is in a more desirable living location"

That said, seeing the upperclass leaving tells you that perhaps that culture that they talked about was more of a house of cards than they were preaching
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I don't understand these schools that allegedly are loaded with talent handing out bags to average to slightly above average players. Good for Powell to get paid I guess.

What makes you think he's getting paid anything?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I’m not gonna get super worked up about a 6th year senior who is probably borderline NFL guy at best getting a big bag instead of wasting his last year in a rebuild. Is what it is.

Borderline seems generous
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,944
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Was never impressed by meesh.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,235
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 18
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 18

Miami isn’t exactly loaded with talent. Some positions are more loaded and/or deeper than others. Although as noted there isn’t an obvious starting role waiting for him, but you never know.

IDK or C. Let him get warm and chase some T&A. The stick on James was a keeper. Perfect hit and form tackle. Do more of that young buck.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Miami isn’t exactly loaded with talent. Some positions are more loaded and/or deeper than others. Although as noted there isn’t an obvious starting role waiting for him, but you never know.

IDK or C. Let him get warm and chase some T&A. The stick on James was a keeper. Perfect hit and form tackle. Do more of that young buck.
    True but you know they are at least trying to win and go all in next year with Cam Ward. We are fighting for a pop tart bowl at best.
  • Options
    Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Meesh Powell was not fast enough to compete against Michigan.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

I don't blame anybody in their last year saying "I've already got this thing as high as it will get while I'm at UW and I'm going to go get paid while playing for a program that either gives me a better chance to compete for a title or is in a more desirable living location"

That said, seeing the upperclass leaving tells you that perhaps that culture that they talked about was more of a house of cards than they were preaching

I think the culture was centered entirely around the brotherhood and not at all about UW. It worked obviously but once the band broke up, no one cared about the program.
    Any culture and loyalty to the program was blown the fuck up once DeBoer said fuck these kids literally four days after playing in the natty. Can’t hate on anyone that leaves after that, some will buy into what Fisch is selling, some won’t, fuck DeBoer though.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Taylor Rapp > Meesh Powell.