Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Powell going to play for Cristobal

2»

Comments

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

I don't blame anybody in their last year saying "I've already got this thing as high as it will get while I'm at UW and I'm going to go get paid while playing for a program that either gives me a better chance to compete for a title or is in a more desirable living location"

That said, seeing the upperclass leaving tells you that perhaps that culture that they talked about was more of a house of cards than they were preaching

I think the culture was centered entirely around the brotherhood and not at all about UW. It worked obviously but once the band broke up, no one cared about the program.
    Read the comments on their IG posts. They genuinely love each other. The theme is their brotherhood and success over any loyalty to a program.

I want to see all these guys do well, it was an emotional season and their coach left them at the end of it all.

That will change your perspective pretty quickly.

That’s pretty much what I said.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896
    edited January 18
    Powell was an O'Dea High School grad who turned down Ivy League scholarship offers to walk on for Chris Petersen's 2019 team but he didn't see any action that season or the next under Jimmy Lake.

However, Powell, still without a scholarship, played in a dozen games in 2021 and started three times at cornerback, initially as a temporary replacement for an injured Trent McDuffie.
    ----------------

What a strange sequence, so he turned down Ivy League scholarships to walk on here for petersen, didn't play, stuck around for lake, didn't play, stuck around for deboer, finally got a scholarship, then runs to the other side of the country with fisch coming in?

Would make sense if we had a DC, I'd assume he'd been told his minutes would be cut, weird to jump before that juncture though, must have gotten quite the bag