Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last Movie Seen

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Watched Rain Man last night. Saw it once when I was 17 maybe and thought it was dumb - pretty much describes my feelings on any non-action/comedy movies up until I was about 45.

Thought it was good. Forgot part of the movie is filmed up the road in Cincinnati.

Told Mrs Nacho I’m going to start acting like Rain Man next time we do a road trip.

Keep throwing toothpicks on the floor in every Cafe you dine in.

Hilarity will ensue.
    I was thinking of just repeating the line “97X. BAM. The future of rick n roll”

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Airtime.

Grand Turismo - was pleasantly surprised. Go in with low expectations. Really good one for kids of most ages.

The Other Guys - can’t remember why I keep coming back to this… oh yeah, Eva Mendes. She’s my perfect women. Best line “hope you like prison food… and penis!”
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    Founders Club
    Started 2 movies on my flights that I couldn’t even finish. The Flash and Guy Richie’s The Covenent. Made it through 10-15 minutes and turned them off.

Watched the OG Predator (1 of 2 movies I “own” on Amazon Prime). Probably my favorite movie of all tim. Started but haven’t finished Killer Joe with McConahey (I don’t know how to spell his name). Weird, dark movie.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    watched Tremors for the first time in years. Good creature effects, the splats were great. Explosions, weapons, no tits, female lead ran around in her panties (nothing really) Kevin Bacon at his best. Good family movie
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Finished Killer Joe on my flight home yesterday. Got even weirder and darker at the end.

Watched a Russian commie propaganda movie called T-34 after that. The dialogue was all Russian except for the parts in German when the bad guys were on and then it was dubbed over in Russian while reading the captions and the timing was so fucking terrible it was funny. Interesting movie.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

watched Tremors for the first time in years. Good creature effects, the splats were great. Explosions, weapons, no tits, female lead ran around in her panties (nothing really) Kevin Bacon at his best. Good family movie

That's been a favorite for a long time. I always like the other lead dude. Can't remember his name but he played in Remo Williams and Henry and June. I also love the Family Ties dad as an militant prepper.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

LebamDawg said:

That's been a favorite for a long time. I always like the other lead dude. Can't remember his name but he played in Remo Williams and Henry and June. I also love the Family Ties dad as an militant prepper.
    Fred Ward. He died in 2022. He’s in one of my favorites, Uncommon Valor.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watched the new and improved version of the Magnificent 7, I use the term improved loosely. It was a good western, give it a different name. The remake added a couple of whitey bad, capitalism bad and greedy, minorities good, social comments. No tits, just a little cleavage, good shoot-em-ups, only the good guys are good shots until the machine guns come out. Interesting stuff, first marriage MIL maiden name was Gatling and was related to the inventor of the Gatling Gun although not in the money side of it.
    Anyway can not name anyone from the movie other than Denzel, never should have been pushed as a remake. They could not even get the Marlboro commercial music to fit in.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Extraction 2 - great movie for my current mental state. His partner is perfectly avg in every way and I enjoyed looking at her. Lots of death, just put deboners face on the dead and it helps.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Elysium - old Matt Damon movie I’d never seen. Lots of double crossing so the theme fit. Violence and killing so a continuation of mood. It was ok.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Killer - narrated from the part of the main character. Really fucking slow and methodical. If you’re planning a murder this is a good one for your frame of mind. Not enough action and way to slow for my liking.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Spider man 2 - or 3. The second one with Emma stone. Not a good blonde. Fell asleep. Meh.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I wanted to go drinking at a brewery Friday and also wanted to avoid any sports news so we went to our local nerd/D&D/SJW brewery because I knew they’d have a movie or Big Bang Theory on TV.

The 2nd National Treasure movie came on right before leaving so we watched the first one after getting home. Popcorn flick for sure and dated watching them use flip phones and doing an internet search on Yahoo.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Watched Walking Tall with the family this morning. Good clean story about bad guys getting their asses kicked.
  • Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 125
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter
    Most recent movie - Godzilla Minus 1. Loved it. Japanese putting Godzilla back to being a badass bad guy as he should be(apologies if Godzilla does not use he/him pronouns)

show - jumping into Slow Horses szn 3. Someone give Gary Oldman some hardware for this role. Chews up every scene.
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saw KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON on AppleTV. At 3-1/2 hours it is great to spread over two nights. Makes my top 20 list all time. Seeing DiCaprio function as a mentally and morally deficient puppet was refreshing.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Watched Walking Tall with the family this morning. Good clean story about bad guys getting their asses kicked.

The original version?
  • Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 125
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter
    Cougzz said:

Saw KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON on AppleTV. At 3-1/2 hours it is great to spread over two nights. Makes my top 20 list all time. Seeing DiCaprio function as a mentally and morally deficient puppet was refreshing.

Liked it as well. DiCaprio doing his best to play dudes in their 30's.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Watched the 2nd National Treasure movie. Meh but I wanted to complete the franchise and having done so, I hope Disney is smart to not make a 3rd movie.