Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let the pillaging begin

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 15

Doogles said:

Boner said:

Not that they are here to play school, but how does transferring mid quarter/semester work? Does a guy from zona just drop classes, come to UW, work out/practice, and not have to start class until summer or fall quarters?

It's all so fucked, imagine you're Fifita, you're a god on campus everyone loves you, Zona sorority strange throwing themselves your way, coach and system you believe in, primed for a season that will make you a Legend for all-time.

And now because your coach was poached your foundation is completely rocked and uncertain.

The new addition of players to the offseason musical chairs act isn't good for the sport in any capacity. Somebody is going to get caught holding the bag, fan engagement will plummet outside of like 20 schools.
    I completely agree with this. Not enjoying any of the "UW buying players from Arizona" stuff that's going on, but I understand that's how it works right now and you gotta do it to survive. Some actual, binding rules need to get established very soon on this. You can't have 24/7/365 free agency - this is all unsustainable. We're basically going to be cheering for the Arizona Wildcats in UW jerseys by the time this process is all said and done. I'm not going to remain a mega fan in the future if something doesn't change with the structure of the portal.
    There isn’t 24/7/365 free agency. UW and UofA players can portal because their coaches left.

How is that not fair.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

Boner said:

Not that they are here to play school, but how does transferring mid quarter/semester work? Does a guy from zona just drop classes, come to UW, work out/practice, and not have to start class until summer or fall quarters?

It's all so fucked, imagine you're Fifita, you're a god on campus everyone loves you, Zona sorority strange throwing themselves your way, coach and system you believe in, primed for a season that will make you a Legend for all-time.

And now because your coach was poached your foundation is completely rocked and uncertain.

The new addition of players to the offseason musical chairs act isn't good for the sport in any capacity. Somebody is going to get caught holding the bag, fan engagement will plummet outside of like 20 schools.
    I completely agree with this. Not enjoying any of the "UW buying players from Arizona" stuff that's going on, but I understand that's how it works right now and you gotta do it to survive. Some actual, binding rules need to get established very soon on this. You can't have 24/7/365 free agency - this is all unsustainable. We're basically going to be cheering for the Arizona Wildcats in UW jerseys by the time this process is all said and done. I'm not going to remain a mega fan in the future if something doesn't change with the structure of the portal.
    There isn’t 24/7/365 free agency. UW and UofA players can portal because their coaches left.

How is that not fair.
    If the portal's open you can hit it. Right now it might cost you some eligibility but that's gonna change. Hate to say it but, it's a free market and should have zero control regarding who or where a player goes.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Mentioned it yesterday, but I don't think @PapaBrailsford is a fan of Fisch.

Why do you say that?
    Retweeting a ton of negative Fisch posts.
    Guessing they had some recruiting interaction with him too.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712

Doogles said:

Boner said:

How is that not fair.
    It's not about fair, it's about the sport morphing into a shitty product with an absurd attrition rate.
    The post I was responding to said there was 24/7/365 free agency and there needs to be rules.

There are rules. This is an example of a good one. Your coach leaves then the portal reopens.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited January 15
    Houhusky said:

RTD said:

Doogles said:

Boner said:

How is that not fair.
    If the portal's open you can hit it. Right now it might cost you some eligibility but that's gonna change. Hate to say it but, it's a free market and should have zero control regarding who or where a player goes.
    No one gives a fuck about the type of "market", the goal isn't to extract the most value for labor or maximize efficiency...Its entertainment. Entertainment almost always is paired with the otherwise irrational expenditure of time and money. Entertainment requires lots of things significantly more complex than just basic supply side economics.

Irregardless is a moo point. The ship has sailed and its never coming back but I have and will always be team boo the kids and fuck the coaches... Im here to be entertained, not be excited about Jadarnous O'Shea becoming a multi millionaire at age 16 for a commitment to USC in 3 years, only to bail when some coach in a visor sends the wrong emoji in their whatsapp group.
    It’s different for everyone I suppose. For me it’s about getting fucked up and not having my husband bitch at me for a few hours on a few Saturdays. Entertainment, aside from an hand full of years its entertainment value has been questionable. It’s now about max payment for player, coaches, and school, and max fade for me.

Areyouentertained.gif?
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

As others have said, entering the portal =/= gone

Recruit these guys back Fisch and lets get them some well deserved NIL $$$

Fisch first test is bring in Arizona Fajita, McMillen, and Jonah

Fisch second test is salvage back some of the UW guys

Fisch third test is pillage the rest of the Arizona roster

If he cant do those things right away WE? are fucked and the Fisch is rotten
    if he passes the first test then #2 and #3 happen.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

As others have said, entering the portal =/= gone

Recruit these guys back Fisch and lets get them some well deserved NIL $$$

Fisch first test is bring in Arizona Fajita, McMillen, and Jonah

Fisch second test is salvage back some of the UW guys

Fisch third test is pillage the rest of the Arizona roster

If he cant do those things right away WE? are fucked and the Fisch is rotten
    Imagine wanting Arizona's Roster....
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mentioned it yesterday, but I don't think @PapaBrailsford is a fan of Fisch.

Why do you say that?
    Retweeting a ton of negative Fisch posts.
    I think Papa is down on coaches period after this episode

If he doesn't like Fish that's our loss but wherever he goes he'll find a coach to hate eventually
    Unless we hired a coordinator there was no way we were going to appease someone who feels particularly burned here since they see the replacement doing it to the team they came from.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Boner said:

For now college football as we? once knew it is dead. I guess this will turn into which programs can pay enough to stay in the top 12 with another 10 vying for a glimpse every 3 or 5 years. What's the point of being a fan of a team that never cracks the top 12? Do people really want to look forward to the Cheez It’s bowl?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

Doogles said:

Boner said:

For now college football as we? once knew it is dead. I guess this will turn into which programs can pay enough to stay in the top 12 with another 10 vying for a glimpse every 3 or 5 years. What's the point of being a fan of a team that never cracks the top 12? Do people really want to look forward to the Cheez It’s bowl?
    Thank Phil Knight and Ed O'Bannon for the descent into madness.

But I see about 30-40 schools being as strong players rather than just 15-20 because they can take players from the portal...basically a bifurcation of CFB is happening. It used to be higher because a middling program could land a great coach and then slowly build the program, sort of like what Dick Tormey did at Arizona, Harbaugh did at Stanford, or Joe Tiller did at Purdue.