Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A few thoughts

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,204
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Re: Dillon Johnson -

Seems like this guy wants to follow Fisch

Hopefully so. That guy is a tank
    Stockton tuff
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Nope. He ain't coming. He and several other kids on the team are pissed at Fisch and said so publicly yesterday. The young men haven't understood what this all means yet. The vast majority of them have 4 year, semi-pro careers and an opportunity to get a free education (for now). When do the fooball and basketball players not get full rides like the restnof the teams?
    NIL money could make a fella change his mind with abrupt suddenness
    Do you mean fast twitch?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

Nope. He ain't coming. He and several other kids on the team are pissed at Fisch and said so publicly yesterday. The young men haven't understood what this all means yet. The vast majority of them have 4 year, semi-pro careers and an opportunity to get a free education (for now). When do the fooball and basketball players not get full rides like the restnof the teams?
    I feel like you have no clue what you’re talking about. Why is the kid liking Tracy fords twat about him and the qb/wr going to udub?

Here’s another one in his like list…

Bump.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    College football is all about $. When Fisch leaves, you buy someone else. No one cares about the school, the education, the logo, the tradition (except exposure and winning), the location (mostly), etc. it is all about $. College football is a lot like Formula 1, the biggest spenders win.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RTD said:

RoadTrip said:

NIL money could make a fella change his mind with abrupt suddenness
    Do you mean fast twitch?
    Fast strategy.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    RoadTrip said:

college players are emotional, money settles them down.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 15

College football is all about $. When Fisch leaves, you buy someone else. No one cares about the school, the education, the logo, the tradition (except exposure and winning), the location (mostly), etc. it is all about $. College football is a lot like Formula 1, the biggest spenders win.

UW alumni and players love being connected to the programs. Look at the natty game love fest.

KDB was the only one who didn’t give a shit.
    This is very true.

Just my opinion, it is more important than ever that schools maintain traditions that build and reinforce those connections. School bands, fight songs, mascots, chants, homecoming rallies, student and alumni travel to away games, local press and advertising coverage (those old Jim Owens and Micky Rooney Rainer commercials were the bomb) ... etc.

Edit: and winning at a high level. That solves everything.

Every college football fan is keenly aware that the players cycle through the program. They are all there for only a finite time. The difference now is many coaches (and some players) are mercenaries, and to be fair, top programs fire coaches asses before they get the chance to quit if they don't meet expectations, so there is a little turn about is fair play going on here. My only beef is don't sell yourself one way and act completely differently. Don't be a phony.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

UW alumni and players love being connected to the programs. Look at the natty game love fest.

That’s exactly my point though. Alumni were players from a better era where players stuck with a school and it meant something. Modern day players will be “alumni” and show up to give a shit whenever they get some kind of attention for it.
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 183
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is very true.

Just my opinion, it is more important than ever that schools maintain traditions that build and reinforce those connections. School bands, fight songs, mascots, chants, homecoming rallies, student and alumni travel to away games, local press and advertising coverage (those old Jim Owens and Micky Rooney Rainer commercials were the bomb) ... etc.

Edit: and winning at a high level. That solves everything.

Every college football fan is keenly aware that the players cycle through the program. They are all there for only a finite time. The difference now is many coaches (and some players) are mercenaries, and to be fair, top programs fire coaches asses before they get the chance to quit if they don't meet expectations, so there is a little turn about is fair play going on here. My only beef is don't sell yourself one way and act completely differently. Don't be a phony.
    Nobody in the world knows who Beno Bryant is other than Husky fans. But to Husky fans he’s a life time celebrity.

That’s the bond between players, fans, and communities in college football that you can’t really get in the pros.

For most players it’s the most important part of their lives and even if you can scrape out a couple million in the NFL those fans won’t give a shit about you.
    Beno is a national treasure
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    247 Arizona has Jonah Coleman portaled to UW

I’m waiting for DAWGMAN though … those guys have been doing this a long tim ;)

BRB blonde with restraining order against me looks like she needs a banana ;)
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

247 Arizona has Jonah Coleman portaled to UW

I’m waiting for DAWGMAN though … those guys have been doing this a long tim ;)

BRB blonde with restraining order against me looks like she needs a banana ;)

Can someone dust off the RTDB hat from the coach's basement? Or did Yimmy take that with him?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Stockton tuff
    Feels like exactly the big badass athletic running back schools like the Beav, Arizona and Utah always seem to have and UW never does. He has gold fronts. That's good for at least 1.5 extra yards per carry.
    this is so true i want some of these fucking guys
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

I feel like you have no clue what you’re talking about. Why is the kid liking Tracy fords twat about him and the qb/wr going to udub?

Here’s another one in his like list…

I don't know who specifically you were talking about but I was talking about Coleman, Fafita and McMillan from AZ. All 3 were on social media bagging on Fisch and saying they were committed to AZ. At least one of them (Coleman) has done a 180. But what I told you was true as of last night.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

He's liking all the Jedd Fisch UW tweets
    Who are we talking about? Sorry, I've had 0 time today to find out what's been going on.