Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I like him at 1a with Cam Davis at 1b

I like that a lot

Question is - does Davis portal?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I like that a lot

realistically is there even much of a reason to recruit HS RBs anymore, unless they are ELITE 5 star guys or hometown guys that are content to stay until their JR year?

a MWC,SDSU,Fresno State RS JR RB that UW could portal in every year is almost always going to be better than a RS Fr RB that is going to transfer out if he doesn't start immediately.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 15
    Houhusky said:

I like that a lot

realistically is there even much of a reason to recruit HS RBs anymore, unless they are ELITE 5 star guys or hometown guys that are content to stay until their JR year?

a MWC,SDSU,Fresno State RS JR RB that UW could portal in every year is almost always going to be better than a RS Fr RB that is going to transfer out if he doesn't start immediately.
    You still recruit studs, especially at high schools you have relationships with (O'Dea etc.)

But yeah, RB is the most plug n play position out there.

Missouri had a stud who set the SEC rushing record transfer in from D2.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 784
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Why is Fisch not poaching practice squad dudes with eligibility left?
  • Options
    BonerBoner Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 198
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Not that they are here to play school, but how does transferring mid quarter/semester work? Does a guy from zona just drop classes, come to UW, work out/practice, and not have to start class until summer or fall quarters?
  • Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 124
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter

I like that a lot

Davis was in the pictures from his first meeting, so he’s giving him a chance.
    My sources tell me Davis's injury is no joke. Questionable that he even makes it back to a shadow of what he was. Not a lot of buyers of that in the portal.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I like that a lot

My sources tell me Davis's injury is no joke. Questionable that he even makes it back to a shadow of what he was. Not a lot of buyers of that in the portal.
    *Davis'
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I like that a lot

*Davis'
    You know how newspapers are written at a 6th grade level? I thought we were supposed to do that here as to not confuse the base 😂
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 15

I like that a lot

*Davis'
    I'm pretty sure that's incorrect

Edit: nevermind. Both are correct. Depends on if you use AP or Chicago Manual of Style
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I like that a lot

*Davis'
    You know how newspapers are written at a 6th grade level? I thought we were supposed to do that here as to not confuse the base 😂
    This site is owned by a technically gifted writer. We’re above that 6th grade shit.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I like that a lot

*Davis'

Edit: nevermind. Both are correct. Depends on if you use AP or Chicago Manual of Style
    Damn it. Your edit beat my correction of your incorrection.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I like that a lot

*Davis'

"According to Grammarbook.com, the nerds of the world will argue heatedly on the subject for eternity, but the most roundly accepted rule is to include the apostrophe, along with an extra “S.” (Davis's rather than Davis')."