Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inge and Morrell

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    He is retaining Alabama's RB coach and DL coach.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

He is retaining Alabama's RB coach and DL coach.

Probably a wise choice
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,578
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

I was looking at Paopao's recruits at Arizona and he actually had some pretty decent ones considering that Arizona was a total dreckfest under Sumlin and then Arizona went 1-10 in 2021.

Interesting. Maybe he's learned.... or maybe Pete enabled lazy recruiting behaviors. If he's decent, it would be good to have a Poly guy on staff.
    Yeah last I remember was wasn't he one of the many recruiters we've had over the years who literally struggle to sign anyone? I remember there was like some shade that hey he would have signed Moliki Matavao had he stayed and that guy ended up being super average anyway. Then the great Derham Cato got a hat on the table with Brock Bowers but his mom thought Seattle was too lib.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

On the other side, the AZ 247 mod says Fisch is almost assuredly bringing Jordan Paopao and Jimmie Dogherty back with him.

Not overly excited about that

Fuck Paopao. That lazy fuck is a terrible recruiter.
    He didn't have a bad tight end during his time at UW.

ASJ, Darrell Daniels, Dissly, Sample, Hunter Bryant, Cade Otton.

Yeah, and every one of those guys he recruited himself was from Washington. Daniels and Dissly were recruited at different positions by other coaches. Paopao wasn’t on staff when ASJ was recruited. I think he’s a pretty decent TE coach, but he only recruited gimmies from Washington or guys no one else wanted. Name one quality out of state guy Paopao brought in. I’ll wait.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    Standard Supporter
    Per AZ 247 mod, Brennan Caroll and Paopao to UW
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

On the other side, the AZ 247 mod says Fisch is almost assuredly bringing Jordan Paopao and Jimmie Dogherty back with him.

Not overly excited about that

Fuck Paopao. That lazy fuck is a terrible recruiter.
    He didn't have a bad tight end during his time at UW.

ASJ, Darrell Daniels, Dissly, Sample, Hunter Bryant, Cade Otton.

Yeah, and every one of those guys he recruited himself was from Washington. Daniels and Dissly were recruited at different positions by other coaches. Paopao wasn’t on staff when ASJ was recruited. I think he’s a pretty decent TE coach, but he only recruited gimmies from Washington or guys no one else wanted. Name one quality out of state guy Paopao brought in. I’ll wait.
    I just care if the players on the field that actually play the games are good. I don't care where they come from or what they are ranked in high school.

We had NFL TEs every year he was a coach at UW, which was his responsibility.

Washington historically produces good TEs, so maybe he's just lucky to be situated in a hot bed of TE talent, but the results are the results.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Not thrilled with Paopao. But whatever. Their Oline looked like shit vs Oklahoma but had some ppl sitting out on the team.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Paopao tactical? Level up your recruiting chops!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    Standard Supporter

Not thrilled with Paopao. But whatever. Their Oline looked like shit vs Oklahoma but had some ppl sitting out on the team.
    The oline is going to be my biggest concern. Likely losing our entire line and I don't know anything about zona's line coach or their players. Huff would be a coach worth trying your ass off to keep
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

The oline is going to be my biggest concern. Likely losing our entire line and I don't know anything about zona's line coach or their players. Huff would be a coach worth trying your ass off to keep
    Our offensive line play over the last two years has been stellar. Sucks it could be back to sark level bs.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Carrol is the line coach.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Just because he was at UA doesn’t mean he has to be here
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

He's on a plane to Seattle now.

CAWWWW SCCCREEEEEE
  • Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 125
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter
    Seinfeld "that's a shame" gif that I'm too fucking lazy to go find
  • Options
    Founders Club

He's on a plane to Seattle now.

CAWWWW SCCCREEEEEE
    I meant that just because he was OL coach at UA doesn’t mean he has to have both titles here too. He may just be OC.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 15
    LawDawg1 said:

I hate seeing this. I just do.

Kinda surprising... Being Defrauds DC is actually a really well positioned job. If you are great and win Defraud is gone to the NFL in a few years and you are next in line, if he sucks and is fired in < 3.5 years a competent DC that is a real BAMA! guy would be first on the list.