Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Have your expectations for the season changed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Disciple_2_HoleDisciple_2_Hole Member Posts: 122
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1

You guys are frikkin nuts if you think THAT TEAM is going to win 5 or 6 games in conference. Cal and Colorado are much improved, WSU is going to be tuff at home.

Way, way WAY overrated team. It's the auburndog syndrome-'shaq and shelton and kikasomeass with our skill guys........'.

Rather doogish to insist that the obviously flawed 2014 team is going to somehow pull it together and start dominating.

I seriously doubt very much that you guys will beat the beavs...........at home.

If you think Colorado is improved you haven't watched them play and Baer is thier DC.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I had 10 wins with Stanford as a W.

9 wins now.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We lost one game to Stanford. Fuck changing expectations. If you can't see that they are one of the better teams in the conference, I can't help you. They could end up being the best. They lost to Utah last year and a shitty UW team in 2012. Shaw always blows a game or two. DIAFF if you actually think they aren't good and that Cal, Arizona, Oregon State, Colorado, Utah, ASU, and WSU are better.

Some of you act like the other Pac 12 teams are dominant. Some of them suck. Cal still sucks and needed 3 OT's to beat Colorado at home. Arizona was playing at home and needed a hail mary to beat Cal. WSU lost to Nevada. ASU got shredded by UCLA who hadn't been lighting it up before that game. UCLA is a talented team possibly coming into their own, but has had their own struggles. Oregon State is nothing special. Oregon has some OL and defense issues and struggled with WSU. We aren't beating all of these teams, but let's get some perspective. We aren't a bad team and we could improve and actually end up being pretty good. Nothing has changed.

This conference is still a fucking dreckfest.

Stanford is the two time defending champ after all.
    Exactly why expectations shouldn't be changed. The other teams have problems too. UW can still be one of the cooler kids with down syndrome.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I was too optimistic at the start….and still skeptical about winning 10…but I'll let it play out.

As I said on the podcast, ASU is the key game. Win @CAL and @Col and beat ASU and we are 7-2 with UCLA, Arizona, OSU and WSU left. Not exactly a murderers row.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If Peterman is who we hope he is, the team will get better as the season goes on and win games later in the season, whether it's UCLA, Arizona, or a bowl game. Same expectations for the season still apply.

Losing to Stanford just means it's less likely UW will win the North, which was unlikely to begin with.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2014
    I respect Stanford's defense but see them losing at least 3 or 4 games in conference. Shaw is due to blow another game. I think they will lose a game or two where a team puts up 30+ on them. The Mariottas should put too many points on them also.

I think their offense made our defense look better than it is. It's not like Stanford played well either. I thought they played like shit. We got our hands on quite a few passes
    Loved the effort of our defense though. Hope I am wrong but that game was not encouraging. We could barely get a first down. It wasn't like we were missing on 3rd and short. It was third and long after third and long.

Expectations based off of talent and what you think will happen are separate things.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It all depends how we do on the road. Can we final get the "road loss monkey" off our backs? If we can, then 10 wins is very doable.

Miles was horrible in one game. I will give him a chance to redeem himself back to good.
    I do the the one part of the game I like and it will wins us games, is that we haven't done stuff to lose the game. Turnovers, etc.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Well, we were fortunate to get them earlier in the year when they have 4 new starting OL and working in a new TE and new RBs.

I just don't think our sample size for our Offense is big enough yet. 1st game, we had what will end up being our 3rd string QB starting. Games 2, 3, and 4, the offense mostly played well and scored a good amount of points but then in game 5, we play the best D in the conference with our new starting QB who had 4 starts under his belt against relatively weak competition (and missing our best OL in Riva) and look like crap. Stanford was smart to put Henry Anderson over Shelton to put pressure in Miles' in his face and then throwing in some blitzes and stunts too.

I respect Stanford's defense but see them losing at least 3 or 4 games in conference. Shaw is due to blow another game. I think they will lose a game or two where a team puts up 30+ on them. The Mariottas should put too many points on them also.

I think their offense made our defense look better than it is. It's not like Stanford played well either. I thought they played like shit. We got our hands on quite a few passes
    Loved the effort of our defense though. Hope I am wrong but that game was not encouraging. We could barely get a first down. It wasn't like we were missing on 3rd and short. It was third and long after third and long.

Expectations based off of talent and what you think will happen are separate things.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014
    I still think this team has 10 win talent, but would 9-4 (5-4) be a surprise? No. This team's depth is better than it was in 2009. Or that's the impression I get (I don't stalk 3rd stringers).
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2014
    Yes. We're going 8-4. By "we" I mean Oregon.