Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do you like this coaching record?

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PatsDoog said:

This is Leipold, no? He would be a great hire, but like DeBoer, I would worry about recruiting.

Word on the streets is he recruits people of color well. Someone’s else’s words, not mine. Don’t twist, the souwf hasn’t made me a racist.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Carroll or riot
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

It’s liepold

Fudgie's hitting the portal
    Follow fudgies tweets. He’s dealing as well as you’d imagine. No one is off limits for the wrath of fudgie.
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gimme Leipold over Fisch, recruiting is and always will be for fags
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Can we just hire a fucking coach already so we can stop the bleeding in the transfer portal?

The longer we wait, the more players will put their name in the portal because they'll be scared that we'll have to hire a Division III coach or something.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

jecornel said:

It’s liepold

Fudgie's hitting the portal
    Follow fudgies tweets. He’s dealing as well as you’d imagine. No one is off limits for the wrath of fudgie.
    Is he the SubK’s burner account?
  • Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 153
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

HFNY said:

But we have to imagine Jedd Fisch is still in play if he hasn't signed his deal yet.

With no Klieman mentioned must, it HAS to be down to Leipold and Fisch.

Kansas State 247 mod said Klieman had a conversation with Dannen and decided he didn’t want to move to the northwest.

Seems like it’s either Fisch or Leipold (aside from the obvious Carroll, Saban, and Urban).
    If that's the case this guy is too stupid to be our coach anyway. He'd rather live in Kansass? What a fucking nimrod.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Sandra6 said:

Can we just hire a fucking coach already so we can stop the bleeding in the transfer portal?

The longer we wait, the more players will put their name in the portal because they'll be scared that we'll have to hire a Division III coach or something.

Not sure Leipold stops the bleeding. Unless there are some gems from Kansas coming over.

I have to believe this means that a lot of the UW offense is gone, Germie, Boston, etc.
  • Options

Recruiting isn't for fags. But it's hard to be that impressed with Fisch's recruiting considered that Arizona was 43rd in talent composite in 2023.

Kansas was 62nd in talent composite, but that's not particularly hard to understand with how bad Kansas was before Leipold.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Sandra6 said:

Not sure Leipold stops the bleeding. Unless there are some gems from Kansas coming over.

I have to believe this means that a lot of the UW offense is gone, Germie, Boston, etc.
    It absolutely doesn’t.

The only decent options are Fisch or Carroll or Petersen. And Fisch will bounce, Petersen doubtfully has the juice.

Which is why Carroll is the best choice here.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

If Fisch wasnt an immediate risk to jump to Michigan or Florida Dannen should back up multiple brinks trucks into his driveway. He's far and away the best coach on the list of realistic candidates
  • Options

HFNY said:

But we have to imagine Jedd Fisch is still in play if he hasn't signed his deal yet.

Kansas State 247 mod said Klieman had a conversation with Dannen and decided he didn’t want to move to the northwest.

Seems like it’s either Fisch or Leipold (aside from the obvious Carroll, Saban, and Urban).
    If that's the case this guy is too stupid to be our coach anyway. He'd rather live in Kansass? What a fucking nimrod.

Fisch is signing a contract extension that the Board of Trustees has to ratify.

It seems like it's actually either Leipold or some coach we'll be plucking out of the toilet.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sandra6 said:

Do you actually know anything about the guy to say this is the case?

I don’t either but the man must be a helluva salesman to get kids to buy in at Kansas (not to mention his previous track record.)

If Carroll wasn’t realistic then Leipold looks like the clear next best option to me.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 14
    Sandra6 said:

HFNY said:

Fisch is signing a contract extension that the Board of Trustees has to ratify.

It seems like it's actually either Leipold or some coach we'll be plucking out of the toilet.
    I wouldnt discount the possibility of the ABOR tearing that extension up. The extension probably doesn't play into why UW does or doesn't offer him
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sandra6 said:

Recruiting isn't for fags. But it's hard to be that impressed with Fisch's recruiting considered that Arizona was 43rd in talent composite in 2023.

Kansas was 62nd in talent composite, but that's not particularly hard to understand with how bad Kansas was before Leipold.
    Who gives a fuck what Greg Biggins and Brandon Huffman think about the talent on their rosters? Do they win games or not
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Sandra6 said:

I don’t either but the man must be a helluva salesman to get kids to buy in at Kansas (not to mention his previous track record.)

If Carroll wasn’t realistic then Leipold looks like the clear next best option to me.
    Just my gut. UW skill players were likely juiced to be in the Grubb/DeBoer offense. Now there is something different coming in.

Going from Natty game to....Leipold is a big come down IMO.

Fisch would have brought some studs over to mix with the UW kids, Leipold is not bringing over a great passing QB like Fifita or Trattoria McMillan at WR.

Jaylon Daniels is an athlete QB.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Next year going to be ruff.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sandra6 said:

Just my gut. UW skill players were likely juiced to be in the Grubb/DeBoer offense. Now there is something different coming in.

Going from Natty game to....Leipold is a big come down IMO.

Fisch would have brought some studs over to mix with the UW kids, Leipold is not bringing over a great passing QB like Fifita or Trattoria McMillan at WR.

Jaylon Daniels is an athlete QB.
    Leipold is an offensive guy and his offenses at Kansas were very good. 7.0 ypp this season same as UW.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A lot of people in here making judgments out of their assholes.

The natural state, I know.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

A lot of people in here making judgments out of their assholes.

The natural state, I know.

Would you expect anything different?