Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do you like this coaching record?

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,368
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob Stoops still in play
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Better get happy about those numbers fast.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

I loved Mangino. So fat, so angry.

@CFetters_Nacho_Lover

You got a pic like this?

Good lord he's bigger than the orange
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Pecking order:

1. Leipold
    2. Fisch
    3. Klieman
    4. Shut down the program
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sandra6 said:

haie said:

Kansas was terrible forever and will always be a bottom feeder destination for football in their conference. Getting worse with the 4 corners coming.

Being in the shadow of your little brother in Manhattan Kansas is just a nightmare that's barely even believable. Not to mention your boosters only give a shit about the basketball team.

It's a minor miracle that fat guy got them to the Orange Bowl about 15 years ago.
    Mark Mangino was his name. He is by far the single fattest person I have ever seen. He is on a whollllle different level of fatness than even Charlie Weis, Ralph Friedgen and Chris Christie. I seriously got the impression that Mangino could literally crush another person to death by sitting on top of them. There's an infamous picture of Mangino next to the Orange Bowl mascot where he and the mascot look exactly the same.

Anyway, I don't remember what Kansas football was like before Mangino took over, but I can't imagine it was as bad as it was when Leiopold was hired. Kansas seriously went either 1-11 or 0-12 almost every year in the 2010s. Going 9-4 at Kansas in 2023 is probably more impressive than going 12-1 at Kansas in 2007.
    They're usually doormats. They had some competitive teams in the 90s. It's one of the six basketball schools left.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

But we have to imagine Jedd Fisch is still in play if he hasn't signed his deal yet.

With no Klieman mentioned must, it HAS to be down to Leipold and Fisch.

Kansas State 247 mod said Klieman had a conversation with Dannen and decided he didn’t want to move to the northwest.

Seems like it’s either Fisch or Leipold (aside from the obvious Carroll, Saban, and Urban).
    Sounds like bullshit. Klieman is probably the worst candidate. A surprise Big 12 championship and then smashed in the bowl game, whoop dee doo.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Sandra6 said:

haie said:

Kansas was terrible forever and will always be a bottom feeder destination for football in their conference. Getting worse with the 4 corners coming.

Being in the shadow of your little brother in Manhattan Kansas is just a nightmare that's barely even believable. Not to mention your boosters only give a shit about the basketball team.

It's a minor miracle that fat guy got them to the Orange Bowl about 15 years ago.
    Mark Mangino was his name. He is by far the single fattest person I have ever seen. He is on a whollllle different level of fatness than even Charlie Weis, Ralph Friedgen and Chris Christie. You seriously got the impression that Mangino could literally crush another person to death by sitting on top of them. There's an infamous picture of Mangino next to the Orange Bowl mascot where he and the mascot look exactly the same.

Anyway, I don't remember what Kansas football was like before Mangino took over, but I can't imagine it was as bad as it was when Leiopold was hired. Kansas seriously went either 1-11 or 0-12 almost every year in the 2010s.
    So fat he couldn’t wipe his own ass. He had to use a towel and supposedly had a staffer to deal with the shit towels.
    His name got floated in the Sarkisian hiring cycle and there was a near mutiny on the custodial staff that afternoon. Little did we know shit towels we’re gonna be less messy and sticky than the Sarkisian era.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It’s liepold
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I loved Mangino. So fat, so angry.

@CFetters_Nacho_Lover

You got a pic like this?

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

It’s liepold

Beat you by 4 minutes above.
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147

Sandra6 said:

haie said:

Mark Mangino was his name. He is by far the single fattest person I have ever seen. He is on a whollllle different level of fatness than even Charlie Weis, Ralph Friedgen and Chris Christie. You seriously got the impression that Mangino could literally crush another person to death by sitting on top of them. There's an infamous picture of Mangino next to the Orange Bowl mascot where he and the mascot look exactly the same.

Anyway, I don't remember what Kansas football was like before Mangino took over, but I can't imagine it was as bad as it was when Leiopold was hired. Kansas seriously went either 1-11 or 0-12 almost every year in the 2010s.
    So fat he couldn’t wipe his own ass. He had to use a towel and supposedly had a staffer to deal with the shit towels.

Well, I see you're plagiarizing the comment that a user named waterrrrrrrbug made on Reddit on August 9, 2012.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/xy9ca/he_is_literally_the_fattest_fat_to_ever_fat_in/

Waterrrrrrrbug claimed he had heard this from somebody with "deep ties in the KU athletic department."

In all likelihood this story is probablllllly BS, but you can't completely rule out the possibility that it's true.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    You lying fuck, Fudgie.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,020
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

HFNY said:

But we have to imagine Jedd Fisch is still in play if he hasn't signed his deal yet.

With no Klieman mentioned must, it HAS to be down to Leipold and Fisch.

Ahem.
    Imagine what Pete could do with the current state of college football rules
    Nothing if he doesn’t have NIL support - which he won’t here. If anything, it would make it harder for him.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

It’s liepold

Fudgie's hitting the portal
    This is great news. As we know, our little fusgie has never been right about anything
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Very concerned about CLL’s ability to recruit. Would rather have Fisch
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sandra6 said:

Sandra6 said:

haie said:

Well, I see you're plagiarizing the comment that a user named waterrrrrrrbug made on Reddit on August 9, 2012.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/xy9ca/he_is_literally_the_fattest_fat_to_ever_fat_in/

Waterrrrrrrbug claimed he had heard this from somebody with "deep ties in the KU athletic department."

In all likelihood this story is probablllllly BS, but you can't completely rule out the possibility that it's true.
    No the story has been around a lot longer than that. I remember reading it on Twoplustwo forums before Reddit was even a thing.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Was hoping for Fisch.