Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Pete Carroll just be another elderly coach who now sucks?

Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited January 14 in Hardcore Husky Board
15 years ago, we saw this with Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno. Now, we're seeing it with Bill Belichick and Gregg Popovich. The once great coach who gets old and sucks in their old age.

I think that half the reason why Saban retired is because he realized he'd soon start sucking, too.

Comments

• Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don’t know, but anyone under 19 wasn’t alive when USC won their title, so unsure how much sizzle he has anymore
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don’t know, but anyone under 19 wasn’t alive when USC won their title, so unsure how much sizzle he has anymore

Both dads were though
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

never underestimate Pete's adrenochrome injections

You’d do well over at the Tug Tavern.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Pete still has it. Ill push back on Pop being washed on your list, too. That roster is horrid outside of Wemby.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,478
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    younger coaches fizzle out too
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

They may remember him winning a super bowl or being the head coach of an NFL team..... So there is that.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Old coach just GM and specific wheelhouse stuff

Old coach not do gameday play calling, small details, and high pressure time sensitive tasks

its not hard.
  • Options
    edited January 14
    PatsDoog said:

Pete still has it. Ill push back on Pop being washed on your list, too. That roster is horrid outside of Wemby.

I've heard that about the Spurs roster, but I really can't imagine that a coach with 5 championships has zero say over what his roster is. If the roster sucks, I think that's largely Pop's fault, anyway.

Usually the "woke" people are the people who defend who bad Pop is nowadays. I mean, the Spurs were tied for last place in the Western Conference last year, and their last winning season was about 5 years ago. And now they're somehow worse than ever after improving the roster by adding Wemby.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,348
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Postal91 said:

They may remember him winning a super bowl or being the head coach of an NFL team..... So there is that.
    It’s all about the NFL with the kids.
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I still feel like an idiot for indulging this topic, but I don’t think there’s really a great comp here. Pete is Dennis Erickson with more success at both levels and no drinking problems.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Mods?

Friday Sacrifice please.
  • Options

I still feel like an idiot for indulging this topic, but I don’t think there’s really a great comp here. Pete is Dennis Erickson with more success at both levels and no drinking problems.

Well, now that you bring that up, Erickson sucked in his last job at ASU. I don't remember how old he was by then.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sandra6 said:

PatsDoog said:

I've heard that about the Spurs roster, but I really can't imagine that a coach with 5 championships has zero say over what his roster is. If the roster sucks, I think that's largely Pop's fault, anyway.

Usually the "woke" people are the ones who defend who bad Pop is nowadays. I mean, they were tied for last place in the Western Conference last year, and their last winning season was about 5 years ago. And now they're somehow worse than ever after improving the roster with Wemby.
    Wtf are you talking about? Firecohen makes more fucking sense then this.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 14
    fucking hell some of the takes on PC on here are awful.

age.. the man acts way more like a 52 year old than a 72 year old. This isn't Biden (TITTT).

one of the best recruiters in the history of the Pac. No joke with that. Do a little Googling kids.

credibility. How many still coaching have major NFL cred and major ncaa power cred.

i do not think we will be lucky enough to land him... but holy fuck to think he wouldn't be an amazing hire is downright stupid.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Sandra6 said:

PatsDoog said:

Usually the "woke" people are the ones who defend who bad Pop is nowadays. I mean, they were tied for last place in the Western Conference last year, and their last winning season was about 5 years ago. And now they're somehow worse than ever after improving the roster with Wemby.
    YRYK
  • Options
    edited January 14

Sandra6 said:

PatsDoog said:

I was responding to PatsDoog's claim that the Spurs roster sucks and that Popovich doesn't suck too. I was saying that the Spurs are now on about their 5th straight losing season, they keep getting worse and worse every year (even after adding Wemby before this year), and that even if the Spurs roster sucks that's largely Popovich's fault for not demanding a better roster.
  • Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 125
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter
    Sandra6 said:

Well, now that you bring that up, Erickson sucked in his last job at ASU. I don't remember how old he was by then.
    Erickson was P10 coach of the year in his first szn at ASU. But, yes, nosedived after that the next three years. I'd argue ASU is where coaching careers end, so not the best comp
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    Football coaching is bizarre

We have coaches with zero experience getting millions of dollars and carte Blanche

Experience? Game has passed you by
  • Options
    Founders Club
    ERISKON WAZ DRIKIG COCKTIALS!!!!!!11!!