Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete Carroll

Comments

• Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Forgive me if I’ve said this before, but I’m worried Pete Carroll would be Chip Kelly at UCLA all over again.

He’s more Bill Walsh at Stanford to me.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I can’t with you people
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I can’t with you people

Wanna queef some football talk out, grumble, or just continue to be the smartest man in the room from afar?
    No
    Yes
    hatin ain't easy
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I can’t with you people

• Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

AEB said:

The thing I hate about Pete is that his age would be used against him. Not sure that matters as much in this mercenary world that college football is now.

What I love about Pete is his program would be fun and he sure as hell would have a chip on his shoulder. He would recruit hard and is obsessed with winning. I could be convinced.

This is where I’m at. Massive chip. Massively motivated. Infectious energy. And, a Rolodex of coaches to staff up. College now is more like the pros anyways.
    If Mack brown can get unc to a fringe top 25 program Carroll can get us to a top 12 I think. Would get some LA kids. This could potentially resurrect my doog boner.
    What a big dick move that would be. My doog boner would rage for at least 4 hours before my hospital visit where they would remove my boner. How is that even accomplished? Unrelated, but now I'm curious.
    Needle aspiration.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

The thing I hate about Pete is that his age would be used against him. Not sure that matters as much in this mercenary world that college football is now.

What I love about Pete is his program would be fun and he sure as hell would have a chip on his shoulder. He would recruit hard and is obsessed with winning. I could be convinced.

This is where I’m at. Massive chip. Massively motivated. Infectious energy. And, a Rolodex of coaches to staff up. College now is more like the pros anyways.
    Kids and parents would lap up his raw raw shit. Somehow at that age he still has the energy and passion and seeing that reciprocated from younger players would probably have him even more fired up.

Won’t happen but I’d be for the experiment.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pros: Pete won big at USC which is a hard place to win at. Only guy to win big there in the past 40 yrs. Also he basically invented NIL.

Cons: I fucking hate old people.

At least he’s not fat.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TXDawg said:

AEB said:

If Mack brown can get unc to a fringe top 25 program Carroll can get us to a top 12 I think. Would get some LA kids. This could potentially resurrect my doog boner.
    What a big dick move that would be. My doog boner would rage for at least 4 hours before my hospital visit where they would remove my boner. How is that even accomplished? Unrelated, but now I'm curious.
    Needle aspiration.
    Fuck yeah. I learned something today.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I’d love it if it happened, but I think it’s a low probability event.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    Should start a "Things less likely than Pete Carroll becoming UWs HC" thread and see what happens. Could be a lot of weird takes. Regardless, we definitely need another thread about something.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Should start a "Things less likely than Pete Carroll becoming UWs HC" thread and see what happens. Could be a lot of weird takes. Regardless, we definitely need another thread about something.

If I could figure out how to upload from my phone I would.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam