Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Jimmy Lake left UW in better shape than did Kalen DeBoer!

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Derek, Joey and Woolley are reeling today as they try to make sense of Kalen DeBoer bolting for Bama. After just two seasons and a 25-3 record, DeBoer ain't here no mo! It's also clear that DeBoer coached the national championship game while in negotiations with Alabama. Suddenly, UW's super bright future proves to be a mirage as the team is gutted and adrift on the seas of mediocrity. Derek makes a half-hearted pitch for Pete Carroll as an emergency stop gap. Names like Jed Fisch and Keith Gilbertson pop up in the conversation. (We'll leave it to the listeners to discern whether we were serious or not). Fudgie was supposed to join us but never showed up. As we concluded the broadcast we went to do a buddy check to make sure Fudgepacker is doing okay. These are stressful tims.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/hardcorehusky/episodes/Jimmy-Lake-left-UW-in-better-shape-than-did-Kalen-DeBoer-e2echdc

Comments

• Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    Great pod as always, guysm.

@WoolleyDoog, I assumed these were bitcoins. My bad.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,500
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 13
    We had a 4 win coach that didn't want to recruit nor run a modern offense and we just had the best season in 30 years a few seasons later.

We held Arizona and Sumlin to like 10 yards of total offense in 2020 and Fisch just beat Oklahoma for a 10 win season.

Shit sucks but fuck it. Get everyone angry. A lot of limp dick UW people flew out to Houston.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If DeBoer had won the Natty and then left for Bamma, I'd be hurting far less than today.

If that 'sum bitch was indeed talking to Bamma before the game and not 100% focused? JFC.

100% agree. Anybody who tries to pedal out the narrative that The Dutchman is this “awww shucks” humble Midwestern moving forward can STFU! Dude is a stone cold killer who knew EXACTLY what he was doing and DEFINITELY had intel that the BAMA job was opening up.

Reading all the post-game interviews about being in his office and feeling so bad for the players no longer seem so great in hindsight.

Dude was in his office TALKING WITH SEXTON AND FINALIZING HIS DEAL, not watching fucking game film.

More I think about this, the angrier I get. You’re planning on leaving your spouse, fine, but don’t talk about the possibility of going to counseling and clean out the joint checking account right before your about to meet your side piece at the hotel.
    That was wrong? My bad
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If DeBoer had won the Natty and then left for Bamma, I'd be hurting far less than today.

If that 'sum bitch was indeed talking to Bamma before the game and not 100% focused? JFC.

100% agree. Anybody who tries to pedal out the narrative that The Dutchman is this “awww shucks” humble Midwestern moving forward can STFU! Dude is a stone cold killer who knew EXACTLY what he was doing and DEFINITELY had intel that the BAMA job was opening up.

Reading all the post-game interviews about being in his office and feeling so bad for the players no longer seem so great in hindsight.

Dude was in his office TALKING WITH SEXTON AND FINALIZING HIS DEAL, not watching fucking game film.

More I think about this, the angrier I get. You’re planning on leaving your spouse, fine, but don’t talk about the possibility of going to counseling and clean out the joint checking account right before your about to meet your side piece at the hotel.
    That was wrong? My bad
    😅 It’s usually frowned upon, yes.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

All the supporters that spent thousands of dollars to travel and support the team, and the motherfucker is negotiating a deal with Alabama while there

It’s extremely bushleague
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

All the supporters that spent thousands of dollars to travel and support the team, and the motherfucker is negotiating a deal with Alabama while there

There is the Peter Principle.

And DB may well yet meet bitch karma.