Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ralen Goforth sells the couch

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,349 Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 743
    I thought he did too. Turns out he only played 4 games in 2019, then the COVID year, so he’s only played three years that count.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam
    What the fuck? Why is our whole team leaving, including guys who have no chance in the NFL?
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796
    I have the least insider knowledge of any college football fan, but what does it say that all these key guys with eligibility left aren't choosing to stick around?
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    "entering the NFL draft"

WTF???

why not come back, even shit baseline NIL deals pay better than a HS coach or Avis sales associate with a degree in Historical Humanities of Anthropology

I dont get this AT ALL

Unless the staff is completely falling apart
  • houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 214

I have the least insider knowledge of any college football fan, but what does it say that all these key guys with eligibility left aren't choosing to stick around?

Was Ralen Goforth a key guy?

He was 2nd string with Bruener, played plenty this year, and set to get starter mins next year
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

He was 2nd string with Bruener, played plenty this year, and set to get starter mins next year
    For all we know at this point we are getting another stud LB in the portal besides the Vanderbilt one we already got
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

What the fuck? Why is our whole team leaving, including guys who have no chance in the NFL?

Is there anyone else so far besides Goforth who wasn't already expected to declare? Anyways, we'd be in trouble if he was still starting at LB next year. We need some tremendous upgrades at that spot.

Houhusky said:

Are you sure he was set for starter minutes? I haven't seen anyone presume he'd start over Bruener next year. I barely noticed Goforth when he was on the field. He said he's going to the NFL which tells me he needs money and he wasn't getting any NIL here. Not sure transfer portal second string linebackers are in high demand for NIL payments.

The LB room is literally Him, Tupatala, Bruener and a transfer from Vandy next year... There is no reason why he wouldnt get an actual chance at starter next year

He isn't a key player, you barely notice him, he has no chance at starting over Tupatala so him declaring for the NFL is going to make him money.... how....?

UWs baseline NIL, plus everything for free at school including housing is almost certainly more than he would earn anywhere else.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Houhusky said:

"entering the NFL draft"

WTF???

why not come back, even shit baseline NIL deals pay better than a HS coach or Avis sales associate with a degree in Historical Humanities of Anthropology

I dont get this AT ALL

Unless the staff is completely falling apart

Lol, not everyone wants to spend six fucking years in college. Especially when there's little to no NIL money earmarked for you.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam

Is there anyone else so far besides Goforth who wasn't already expected to declare? Anyways, we'd be in trouble if he was still starting at LB next year. We need some tremendous upgrades at that spot.
    Kalepo, Tuitele, and Bandes are all rumored to be leaving eligibility on the table. Our depth on D is in trouble unless we start pulling some rabbits asap
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Are you sure he was set for starter minutes? I haven't seen anyone presume he'd start over Bruener next year. I barely noticed Goforth when he was on the field. He said he's going to the NFL which tells me he needs money and he wasn't getting any NIL here. Not sure transfer portal second string linebackers are in high demand for NIL payments.

The LB room is literally Him, Tupatala, Bruener and a transfer from Vandy next year... There is no reason why he wouldnt get an actual chance at starter next year

He isn't a key player, you barely notice him, he has no chance at starting over Tupatala so him declaring for the NFL is going to make him money.... how....?

UWs baseline NIL, plus everything for free at school including housing is almost certainly more than he would earn anywhere else.
    I don't think the NFL will make him money, but he does. I think he'll be undrafted.

ANd yeah, our LB room kinda sucks. That's why I'm not sad or mad about him leaving. We also have Drew Fowler and Deven Bryant and the other freshman kid. I'd rather roll with some young talent than trot out a 6th year guy that could barely get on the field.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    Everyone came back for the natty run

Next men up
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I’m going to be so fucking happen once all these COVID bullshit years are gone. It’s too confusing.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024

Do we have a culture problem?
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796

Fuck if I know. But I don't see how this supports the narrative that everyone loves it here.

In fairness, next year's going to be something of a rebuildload. So not crazy to opt out if you've only got one year left to play.

Fuck if I know. But I don't see how this supports the narrative that everyone loves it here.

In fairness, next year's going to be something of a rebuildload. So not crazy to opt out if you've only got one year left to play.
    To be fair, some of these guys haven't even officially moved on. Just cryptic tweets. Still could be time to turn it around