Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone else get their flight cancelled?

EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
My United flight from Houston to Denver tomorrow morning got canceled because it was slotted to be a 737 max 9, which United thought was safe enough to fly me on the way here, but now it’s not. Their new plan was to send me from Houston to fucking Charlotte, then to Denver, then to Spokane. I politely told them to fuck off and refund me. Now I get to wake up at 2 tomorrow morning to catch an early southwest flight. Fuck my life.

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,997
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

My United flight from Houston to Denver tomorrow morning got canceled because it was slotted to be a 737 max 9, which United thought was safe enough to fly me on the way here, but now it’s not. Their new plan was to send me from Houston to fucking Charlotte, then to Denver, then to Spokane. I politely told them to fuck off and refund me. Now I get to wake up at 2 tomorrow morning to catch an early southwest flight. Fuck my life.

Sounds like fun. Ginger and I are about to catch our connector to ATL and the drive home. Super excited to go back to work tomorrow considering I feel like my dawg died and it’s written all over my face. Any fucking ways, take some Benadryl and go to bed.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    5:30am flight out this morning. Made it home with no delays only to promptly lose power, deal with flooding in my yard, and cancel all my afternoon meetings.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Drive to Dallas and fly American into Spokane
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our flight out from Dallas today was fine. Waiting in Denver now. Half hour delayed but we’ll see if it actually gets off.

Lots of Silver Bullet bars here to pass the time but I’m kinda warm out on 20 dollar beers right now.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

Drive to Dallas and fly American into Spokane
    I thought about that, and if I hadn’t found a flight for about the same price as my refund from united, I would have considered it.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

That fucking sucks. Through Charlotte? Jesus Christ.

I got lucky, had United 787s in both directions. 45 mins late today between the wind in Houston, slow baggage loading, some maintenance inspection and the east coast weather. With the ground stops in the east (I saw for ATL, Charlotte and JFK) and the Max 9 groundings seemed like a mess if you get caught in any disruption.

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,613
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Traveling in general is a total nightmare. Still stuck in Dallas waiting for a connecting flight to get passengers. Now need a small maintenance item. Gonna miss my connection now. Will have to fly home the next morning. Gut punch
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

AEB said:

5:30am flight out this morning. Made it home with no delays only to promptly lose power, deal with flooding in my yard, and cancel all my afternoon meetings.

TOF sends me this video asking me what to do. “Don’t let the kids play in the backyard.”

Your kids must be soft. That situation screams for a pickup soccer game.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,120
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited January 10
    to be fair, falling out of the sky with an airline door plug and landing near the Nike HQ in Beaverton sounds like a raw deal after a Natty loss.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

AEB said:

TOF sends me this video asking me what to do. “Don’t let the kids play in the backyard.”

Nice drainage you got there, chief.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    No but they overbooked mine. They were begging people to take a flight tomorrow, so much so they gave away multiple 2k american express gift cards. Wish I could have taken it.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 10
    jecornel said:

Traveling in general is a total nightmare. Still stuck in Dallas waiting for a connecting flight to get passengers. Now need a small maintenance item. Gonna miss my connection now. Will have to fly home the next morning. Gut punch

"Small maintenance item"

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxGoB08y2ko0yhUJwBJkGds0T6Fbf7Pk14
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

No but they overbooked mine. They were begging people to take a flight tomorrow, so much so they gave away multiple 2k american express gift cards. Wish I could have taken it.

Why wouldn’t you have taken 2k in cash? You’re in college, you have nowhere to be
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,997
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

AEB said:

Nice drainage you got there, chief.
    Yeah, the previous owners did a bang up job with an installing a drainage system. I don’t give a fuck because I’m looking for my next promotion and this will become a rental.

@chuck Say that to their face. They’d fuck you up for fun and then piss on you before they walked off leaving you covered in your own blood and their piss. Heathens I tell you, heathens.
  • Options
    edited January 10
    ntxduck said:

Why wouldn’t you have taken 2k in cash? You’re in college, you have nowhere to be
    Taking people back to school and can't miss another day.
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

ntxduck said:

Taking people back to school and can't miss another day.
    jesus. did you also needed a redshirt and a covid year to finish a 4 year degree?
    Long story, I'll spare you the details.
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 184
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Leaving tomorrow SW to Denver then to PDX. Max 8 to Denver, so hoping the doors don’t blow, I’m last in seat choice so I’m sure I’ll get the spot closest to them..luckily I got a 737-700 whatever to PDX, only the filanges are shit on those but we don’t need em.