Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I have to give props to all of you guys that traveled.

chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
Well done. I'm sorry you all went to all that trouble to see a poor performance and a loss. Good on you for the effort though. Even from this distance it felt like UW was a presence in town and at the game. Team didn't provide many things to scream about but Husky fans were loud.

As has been said elsewhere, only one legit running back on the roster hurts badly. UW needs more NFL guys on defense and at running back. The D stiffened after the rough start but half of the reason first halves didn't go well for the UW D all season was that they had to sub in inferior players so that the starters could be fresh late.

This isn't *our last crack at it as long as Deboer stays at UW. The path gets easier in a sense as undefeated regular seasons are no longer required. Take advantage of this momentum, the increased NIL money, and the newly minted national brand and start stockpiling depth to compliment guys like DJ, Trice, Tuli L, and Muhammed. Win the next one.

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dillon Johnson had 3.0 YPC.

I have to wonder how much difference he would have made had he been healthy. I still think we lose, but it's probably more competitive.

DJ hurt restricts the offense and makes the defensive calls so much easier. UW needed a second, all purpose RB who was an equal threat to stuff a blitz, take a handoff or catch it out of the backfield. They would've been better off giving carries to Tybo, but Tybo is inept at blocking and unreliable as a receiver. Nixon just looked like shit at everything.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,379
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dillon Johnson had 3.0 YPC.

I have to wonder how much difference he would have made had he been healthy. I still think we lose, but it's probably more competitive.

It was big. The entire offense seemed to slump their shoulders a bit when he went out after one play, and while they drove down to get 3 points, they never were the same team.
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 185
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That was a real ass Midwest? Storm.. Always thought rolling thunder was just a lyric in a AC/DC song but now I know the sound. I was riding the lightning w/ all the lucky people, sure didn’t feel as good as a win. Houston was great news moar mass transit, Michigan fans were great pre game and dicks post game. Oregon has some competition as best front-running fans in college football. Although Duck fans are constant dicks..
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,422
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Glad I went with a great group of Dawgs, but it was pretty miserable after the game ended. NRG is isolated from the rest of Houston. Walked a couple miles in a rain and thunder storm because we couldn’t get an Uber to pick us up. Got fucking obliterated by a car driving through a puddle. Felt like Bruce Almighty when nothing was going his way.

Finally got an Uber. Hilarious big black dude named Irving telling us we need to rally and go fuck some Michigan bitches. Then when we got close to our AirBnB in the third ward he goes forget all that, you guys are in the HOOD. Don’t mess with any of these ladies or you’ll be pissing razors. “Only thing good round here is the chicken”

We did have a good laugh waiting for him to pick us up at a 7-11. Probably 15 Michigan fans waiting in line and they were completely silent. If you didn’t watch that game and saw the two fanbases in that store you’d have no idea who won. I was wondering out loud if when they dreamt about winning the national championship it included waiting in line for a Big Gulp and a pack of smokes, sure wasn’t how I’d be celebrating

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756

That was a real ass Midwest? Storm.. Always thought rolling thunder was just a lyric in a AC/DC song but now I know the sound. I was riding the lightning w/ all the lucky people, sure didn’t feel as good as a win. Houston was great news moar mass transit, Michigan fans were great pre game and dicks post game. Oregon has some competition as best front-running fans in college football. Although Duck fans are constant dicks..

Had the opposite experience. Michigan fans were quiet and subdued. Went back to flying saucer after the game and Husky fans were barking, chanting, and partying and Michigan fans acted like they lost.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,901
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

Had the opposite experience. Michigan fans were quiet and subdued. Went back to flying saucer after the game and Husky fans were barking, chanting, and partying and Michigan fans acted like they lost.
    I get having a good time, but chanting?

Seattle fans are such participation trophy losers. Then you have seven Seahawks smoking cigars after barely beating a 4-13 team and missing the playoffs, then saying it's for the birth of some player's son, who was born before Xmas.
  • Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 880
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

LawDawg1 said:

Seattle fans are such participation trophy losers. Then you have seven Seahawks smoking cigars after barely beating a 4-13 team and missing the playoffs, then saying it's for the birth of some player's son, who was born before Xmas.
    Dangggg lighten up bro. Very angry man.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756

LawDawg1 said:

I was miserable and pathetic and did not engage in the cuckery. But yes, it happened on the train and at the bar.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,901
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

LawDawg1 said:

Not angry, just don't like people who celebrate 21 point losses

Same people made up kindergarten graduations and new age sitting in circles therapy for criminals in lieu of jail time
  • Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 880
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 9

HuskyBuck said:

LawDawg1 said:

Not angry, just don't like people who celebrate 21 point losses

Same people made up kindergarten graduations and new age sitting in circles therapy for criminals in lieu of jail time
    Yes... I blame that crappy participation soccer trophy as a 7 year old which has led me down a life of trouble and crime. #overeaction. You dont like that, you must HATE civil war statues too right? Participation trophies?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,007
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Turned to my rain soaked longhorn wife, wearing my purple sweatshirt under a poncho assessing her soaked cowboy boots and wet hair in the quiet frustration on the metro train, and told her “now you’re a husky”.

Was her response along the lines of “fuck that, never again.” ?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Turned to my rain soaked longhorn wife, wearing my purple sweatshirt under a poncho assessing her soaked cowboy boots and wet hair in the quiet frustration on the metro train, and told her “now you’re a husky”.

Was her response along the lines of “fuck that, never again.” ?
    “No… but never take me back to that first game at husky stadium”

which was a reference to 2013 Arizona in September when it rained 3.5” during the game and the lights were on at 3:30pm.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No Michigan fan that I've seen traveling right now has appeared happy.... It's fucking weird.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I walked out after the last TD, ~4min left. Michigan fans walked out early too, really fucking weird.

They’re a bunch of NPCs, when you try to talk to them their brain glitches and they spaz and leave
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,007
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Postal91 said:

No Michigan fan that I've seen traveling right now has appeared happy.... It's fucking weird.

It’s be ear to ear shit grinning.