Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa

LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
He played and was a step slow all night. Repeatedly

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He takes the worst angles
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I know the guy has had a tuff life but worst player since tripper johnson, easily... i would make another boo the kidns poast but jfc he was so bad and i dont know if anything else needs to be said about him
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,188

He played and was a step slow all night. Repeatedly

He will live on in HHB / HH lore on a Chris Massey level of shit defending.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Saw his hair bobbing out of his helmet on the first td run just as I was thinking “what is that fucking angle the safety is taking here”. And I had my answer
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

ntxduck said:

Saw his hair bobbing out of his helmet on the first td run just as I was thinking “what is that fucking angle the safety is taking here”. And I had my answer
    It wasn't a bad angle, he was too close to the line of scrimmage and Edwards was way too fast.

I will die on the hill that the defense holding Michigan to 20 through 3 quarters shouldve been enough to win rather easily.

The banged up offense was the reason for this L, particularly the RBs and offensive line. Johnson is a warrior, Rogers isn't ready, Nixon sucks, and Davis is injured.
    Rogers isn't ever going to be ready... Nixton sucks, Newton was sarficed to the extra ribs god i guess? UW needs an actual RB like hohnson in the Grub scheme that can pass block... just way to much stress on the OL if you have a small tard like rogers in the bakcfield
  • Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 279
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Shit on him all you want, but the D sucked ass without him this year.
  • Options
    You want Powell playing safety? No thanks.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Asa was terrible his entire Husky career. He had moments where you were like “oh wow he might not be completely incompetent”. Then reality comes back shortly after usually within the next couple of plays.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,713
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thought he was fine in coverage always was not a good run defender. honestly on those dumb ass run plays seemed like the DL actually blew up the plays and the LBs were evacuated somewhere. He's about number 15 on my shit list this game.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,619
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

I know the guy has had a tuff life but worst player since tripper johnson, easily... i would make another boo the kidns poast but jfc he was so bad and i dont know if anything else needs to be said about him

Kyler Manu feels disrespected by this.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Asa was terrible his entire Husky career. He had moments where you were like “oh wow he might not be completely incompetent”. Then reality comes back shortly after usually within the next couple of plays.

Let's just say that I agree.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,342
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 9
    Perhaps the biggest defensive WTF moment for me came during Michigan's 4th quarter TD with the long pass over the middle to the tight end. Hampton was behind the tight end, the tight end catches it, then Hampton jumps straight up into the air, allowing the tight end to run right by him and gain another 18 yards. It's at 16:50 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdREJkch8g
  • Options
    Dom Hampton is an athletic freak who would dominate the underwear Olympics. Still love him, but what position does he even play at this point?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Perhaps the biggest defensive WTF moment for me came during Michigan's 4th quarter TD with the long pass over the middle to the tight end. Hampton was behind the tight end, the tight end catches it, then Hampton jumps straight up into the air, allowing the tight end to run right by him and gain another 18 yards. It's at 16:50 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdREJkch8g

Here's JJ on that throw fwiw.