Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Simmons Suspended by EsPN for 3 weeks

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Simmons sucks. He can get nuked with the rest of ESPN. He's Rick Reilly part 2.

Not even close. Try again.
    Current Simmons sucks and has for a few years. If it was 2004, then yes, he was very good. Riley was too at one point too. Both of them are terrible on tv. Once they went to tv, both of their writing went to shit. They are both extremely arrogant. Both are whiny cunts. Both got worse as their popularity increased. They have some similarities. From the past five years, I'll give Simmons credit for his part in creating 30 for 30. Other than that, he's worthless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKynBzWpsrY
    So his background is writing? I agree that he's not very good on TV, but it's the NBA so I barely care. I really don't know where he came from. All the sudden this white guy who clearly wasn't a jock started appearing on the NBA halftime shows. None of it seemed natural.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The other great part about Rome is his understanding that callers suck and are only to be used as props to mock and abuse

That's probably true, but it's bad radio. The smack-offs are so fucking stupid.
  • Options
    Founders Club

He still has a radio show?

Yeah, it's gone downhill a bit, but what do you expect after like 25 years. Still has the best drops on radio though. The "blocked" and "struggggliiing" drops are all timers, it's always been one of the show's strengths and that hasn't changed.
    Disagree. Leykis's's's were better.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The other great part about Rome is his understanding that callers suck and are only to be used as props to mock and abuse

Shitting on Chest for good luck again

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Simmons sucks. He can get nuked with the rest of ESPN. He's Rick Reilly part 2.

Not even close. Try again.
    Current Simmons sucks and has for a few years. If it was 2004, then yes, he was very good. Riley was too at one point too. Both of them are terrible on tv. Once they went to tv, both of their writing went to shit. They are both extremely arrogant. Both are whiny cunts. Both got worse as their popularity increased. They have some similarities. From the past five years, I'll give Simmons credit for his part in creating 30 for 30. Other than that, he's worthless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKynBzWpsrY
    So his background is writing? I agree that he's not very good on TV, but it's the NBA so I barely care. I really don't know where he came from. All the sudden this white guy who clearly wasn't a jock started appearing on the NBA halftime shows. None of it seemed natural.
    At one time he was the best sportswriter anywhere. Total must read.

His work has slipped considerably, but it's nowhere near as bad as RoadDawg makes it out to be. Rick Reilly is a whole other level of FS.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

He still has a radio show?

Yeah, it's gone downhill a bit, but what do you expect after like 25 years. Still has the best drops on radio though. The "blocked" and "struggggliiing" drops are all timers, it's always been one of the show's strengths and that hasn't changed.
    Disagree. Leykis's's's were better.
    Take me out JFK Junior style.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Leykis was a misogynist.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Leykis was a misogynist.

What's his username here?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Leykis was a misogynist.

I expected you to say something like that.