Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Talked this morning with my first roommate Rikki from Flint, Michigan

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,068
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
We were roommates the last time UW won the national championship.

He went into that '92 Rose Bowl truly believing that Michigan was going to dominate the Huskies. He was shocked when Washington overpowered Michigan.

We laughed at the irony that here we are again, Washington vs. Michigan with the natty on the line.

I asked him to put aside all the posturing and tell me what he really thinks of Monday's game.

He said UW will need to score on every possession, they can't even afford one three-and-out.

He said Harbaugh is going to pound the football, slow the game down, and keep the UW offense off the field. He feels very confident because "Washington's run defense is HORRIBLE."

He predicted Michigan 31, Washington 20.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

He went into that '92 Rose Bowl truly believing that Michigan was going to dominate the Huskies. He was shocked when Washington overpowered Michigan.

We laughed at the irony that here we are again, Washington vs. Michigan with the natty on the line.

I asked him to put aside all the posturing and tell me what he really thinks of Monday's game.

He said UW will need to score on every possession, they can't even afford one three-and-out.

He said Harbaugh is going to pound the football, slow the game down, and keep the UW offense off the field. He feels very confident because "Washington's run defense is HORRIBLE."

Another Michigan fan that thinks UW offense is dependent on lots of possessions and going fast... yawn...
    I do think his comments about UW's run defense are somewhat valid. I did tell him that Tuli is healthy now and that we greatly improved in November. I also said DeBoer & Co. will have some wrinkles on defense for sure
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,476
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Everybody over 5 years old knows Michigan will try to run the damn ball and the clock. Why not? So the defense will stack the box, and it comes down to who makes the plays. If UM gets behind by more than a score, we? will likely win since ground attacks are so slow.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

I think this is the first game in a long time where we will not let the team back in it.
    We will take and maintain 10 or 14 point lead until the end.

It seems like we're due to get some good luck, pick 6 or strip 6, and maybe even hit one of those "knockout" shots that Grubb stupidly pursues, via flea-flicker or whatever the fuck.

Just put a team away for once.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If Rikki is predicting a Meee-she-gan win, I like our? chances!
  • Options
    QruelQruel Member Posts: 76
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    How many defensive players were on the team that lost to Michigan in 2021? I have a hunch those guys are extra motivated to stop them on Monday. Yes they may not completely shut down their run game, but that’s worth something to the doog in me.
  • Options
    Actually this might turn out to be a classic, and final, Big-10 grind vs PAC-12 speed game
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Many Michigan fans see a double digit victory. Incredible. Deboer has never lost by double digits.

One of his early losses was by nearly 50. But that might be the only one.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 6
    jecornel said:

Many Michigan fans see a double digit victory. Incredible. Deboer has never lost by double digits.

Michigan fans dont even know Texas played Bama
  • Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 151
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter
    EwaDawg said:

jecornel said:

One of his early losses was by nearly 50. But that might be the only one.
    I was assuming @jecornel meant at FBS level or at UW.

But yeah, he lost a championship game to Carroll college 55-0

Carroll college (Helena Montana) KDB credits for teaching him what it takes to win the big game.

We owe the montanans everything. Molding KDB and helping get Jimmy fired.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I actually think UW CAN slow Michigan’s run game down, but the safeties and corners will have to get into the action.

I do fear the play action shots over the top that will be there for the taking if Michigan can hit them.

I have a hard time seeing Michigan shutting UW’s offense down enough to win.

As with most games UW has played the last half of the season, it’s all about how many scoreless drives the opponent has. It doesn’t take many for UW to win.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AOG said:

Actually this might turn out to be a classic, and final, Big-10 grind vs PAC-12 speed game

Disagree. Michigan is just as fast as UW and UW is just as powerful as Michigan.

The old stereotypes don’t apply this time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He could always send it off in a letter
  • Options
    TheHB said:

AOG said:

Disagree. Michigan is just as fast as UW and UW is just as powerful as Michigan.

The old stereotypes don’t apply this time.
    well, true, but there is still an emphasis on power vs speed, but it's not as wide as it was.