Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your Guide to Houston That Doesn’t Suck

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,894
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

whlinder said:

So locals, the forecast looks like ass for Monday. Assuming a closed roof at the stadium; outdoor activities will be a no-go and I assume I'll get soaked with any type of walking into the stadium.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the forecast since I am a 10:40am flight arrival that day but generally speaking does IAH just get screwed by T-storms, or is it usually a temporary ground stop with a few diversions that get cleared up quickly or a cluster fuck beyond cluster fucks? I don't want to get fucked with a multi-hour delay due to T-storms but don't really have the schedule open to get there the night before.

Also I assume with such weather that traffic will be a disaster?

Current forecast is t-storms Monday AM and then likely high humidity shit in the afternoon
    Gross.
    You’re going to be high off your ass off of meth. You wont care much.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I like this @Sobchak_Security fellow. He seems like a promising prospect.

@Doog_de_Jour , is that code for “I’m going to have my way with his wife”?

Naturally. 😉
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

whlinder said:

So locals, the forecast looks like ass for Monday. Assuming a closed roof at the stadium; outdoor activities will be a no-go and I assume I'll get soaked with any type of walking into the stadium.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the forecast since I am a 10:40am flight arrival that day but generally speaking does IAH just get screwed by T-storms, or is it usually a temporary ground stop with a few diversions that get cleared up quickly or a cluster fuck beyond cluster fucks? I don't want to get fucked with a multi-hour delay due to T-storms but don't really have the schedule open to get there the night before.

Also I assume with such weather that traffic will be a disaster?

Current forecast is t-storms Monday AM and then likely high humidity shit in the afternoon
    I see low temps in the 40 Monday night which means cold front coming in. Tuesday is cold by Houston standards. Cold front blowing in might keep the humidity away. Normal Houston without a cold front you'll be in a bowl of soup for several hours after a rainstorm.

"The air you wear"

I’m not seeing the cold front coming in until late in the evening into Tuesday

The forecast is fucking with my golf plans
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Best Buc-ee location for a 4 day stay?

Open 24 hours a day, jerky bar, bbq, world’s cleanest bathrooms? Any of them. Just missing a shower, so may want to visit a Love’s or have a Planet Fitness black card. [/protips]

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm looking for ONE ticket to the game. Life long Husky fan. Text 619-665-3000. I live in Seattle area. GO DAWGS!!!!!!
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Should I cancel my reservation at the Holiday Inn in Houston East? Booked it Monday night just to get something in place, but can cancel up til Saturday

Airbnb seems to be the way to go, especially if you have other people you’re staying with. My buddies and I are going to be paying $50 a night apiece for a nice place, and we’ll all have our own beds
    Love that you had to point out that you all have your own beds so as to not leave any loose ends. Then later comment about competitive Airbnb rape domination

#NoHomo
    #NotGayIfItsInAnAirBnB
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    Founders Club
    I’ve got a buddy that works for noaa.gov

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’ve got a buddy that works for noaa.gov

Fun.
  • Options
    doog_codpiecedoog_codpiece Member Posts: 88
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Great thread @Sobchak_Security, TYFYS... One thing that hasn't been asked is what's the food move if the Huskies win and it's like midnight and want a good 24 hour/open late place to grab some food. Any great options for late night food on a Monday night?
  • Options
    Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Great thread @Sobchak_Security, TYFYS... One thing that hasn't been asked is what's the food move if the Huskies win and it's like midnight and want a good 24 hour/open late place to grab some food. Any great options for late night food on a Monday night?

MANY people are saying that Katz's Never Kloses.

• Options
    Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Also worth mentioning: Burger Joint, House of Pies, Chacho's, Spanish Flowers.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

Should I cancel my reservation at the Holiday Inn in Houston East? Booked it Monday night just to get something in place, but can cancel up til Saturday

Airbnb seems to be the way to go, especially if you have other people you’re staying with. My buddies and I are going to be paying $50 a night apiece for a nice place, and we’ll all have our own beds
    Love that you had to point out that you all have your own beds so as to not leave any loose ends. Then later comment about competitive Airbnb rape domination

#NoHomo
    #NotGayIfItsInAnAirBnB
    I was merely trying to point out that we got a place with lots of sleeping space for $200 a night. Also, we’re humans of size who don’t fit in beds well with other humans of size
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Postal91 said:

#NoHomo
    #NotGayIfItsInAnAirBnB
    I was merely trying to point out that we got a place with lots of sleeping space for $200 a night. Also, we’re humans of size who don’t fit in beds well with other humans of size
    So lemon party at shit throats after the game? If they lost I’m not showing up.
  • Options
    Longhorn69Longhorn69 Member Posts: 7
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 6
    Ninfas and El tiempo are good but if you want to be serenaded by a mariachi band and eat even better food go to teotihuacan. Bars - if you want to party with a tiny monkey head to Sunnys bar.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ninjas and El tiempo are good but if you want to be serenaded by a mariachi band and eat even better food go to teotihuacan. Bars - if you want to party with a tiny monkey head to Sunnys bar.

Any gay strip clubs where you can have sex in the champagne room?

Also, DIAFF and leave.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    Founders Club

Postal91 said:

#NoHomo
    #NotGayIfItsInAnAirBnB
    So lemon party at shit throats after the game? If they lost I’m not showing up.
    If we win, I’m staying out all night
  • Options
    Longhorn69Longhorn69 Member Posts: 7
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Hilton americas hotel downtown will be filled with all kinds of football people, sluts, etc tonight through Monday. Highly recommended.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Also worth mentioning: Burger Joint, House of Pies, Chacho's, Spanish Flowers.

I hear the burger at Cantina Barba is legit