Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Give Michigan their Roses

124»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Qruel said:

Watched them play in Nebraska this year. I didn't learn shit because the Huskers suck and the game put me to sleep. With that said, seems like a typical Harbaugh team. Run the ball all day if it's working. Dawgs need to sell out to stop that shit. Just look at Michigan's schedule and the offenses they've played... it is not impressive. You can say OSU is talented, but every game of theirs I have watched made me want to gouge my eyes out watching them on offense. Michigan has not played anyone close to UW's offense.

I’ve seen people say Michigan had to defend tOSU’s receivers who are as good as ours but the difference is the QBs. Kyle McChord was terrible relative to our Penix.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

phineas said:

my concern is washington not being able to stop the run and not facing sark who you can count on not to lean on it enough

This is a legit fear. Michigan will play like Oregon St. has played against UW recently, and they have a better QB. Keep UW's offense on the sidelines and put pressure on them to score every time in a limited possession game.

I just don't think a non-conference opponent with 1 week of prep can keep UW out of the endzone.

Michigan has almost always played from ahead and controlled the tempo. If they get down two scores in a very high pressure situation, I don't think they're built for that.

Sell out to stop the run and if they score quickly against us a few times, that's fine. It just gets Penix back on the field faster.

UW likes that kind of party.
    The thing about Texas run game that impressed me was the amount of misdirection. Give Sark credit for that run game.

Between the misdirection and playing the pass, Texas got some big yards against UW.

I think Michigan is more straightforward in the run game and nowhere near the threat Texas is with WRs. That helps. Will it be enough?

Michigan reminds me a lot of Oregon. Nix and McCarthy look similar.
  • Options
    BlueWeaselBlueWeasel Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Awesomes
    EwaDawg said:

This game has blowout written all over it.
    Go Blue!

Yes, it does. Considering you appear to be a UM fan you seem fairly accepting of the asskicking you are about to receive.

BTW, do you remember when Ted Bundy watched Washington kick Michigan's ass in the Rose Bowl from a bar near Ann Arbor?
    Your question seems a bit odd but, no, I don't. However, I do recall that some Washington yahoo set off a fire alarm in the early morning hours at the hotel where Team Michigan was staying. Thankfully, that while it hurt the Wolverines by disrupting their sleep like that, the Maize and Blue prevailed anyway by delivering a blowout to the team in purple.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    As long as Washington wears pants with stripes, they win rather easily.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,936
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    haie said:

It's hard to judge how great they really are from their playoff game. Alabama was kind of a mess (so were they at times) and still had them in the 4th quarter.

Really hoping that like Texas, their defense is overrated. As PGOS stated, if they haven't played better than a top 40 offense then you can't really say that their defense is better than what UW just carved up.

What they did to Penn St worries me. UW will try to force McCarthy to beat them and I hope like everyone else this year, including Oregon/Utah/Texas, they will get spooked and think they have to throw it to keep up with the scoring.

The weather forecast has worried as well, but hopefully it isn't a cold rain + a shit ton of wind like in PNW.

Isn't it a dome?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,661
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 5

haie said:

It's hard to judge how great they really are from their playoff game. Alabama was kind of a mess (so were they at times) and still had them in the 4th quarter.

Really hoping that like Texas, their defense is overrated. As PGOS stated, if they haven't played better than a top 40 offense then you can't really say that their defense is better than what UW just carved up.

What they did to Penn St worries me. UW will try to force McCarthy to beat them and I hope like everyone else this year, including Oregon/Utah/Texas, they will get spooked and think they have to throw it to keep up with the scoring.

The weather forecast has worried as well, but hopefully it isn't a cold rain + a shit ton of wind like in PNW.

Isn't it a dome?
    Yeah, I didn't realize that. I was pretty close to absolutely raging out about the fact that a city that supposedly gets regular thunder/rain storms this time of year would be the venue for a national fucking championship game.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Retractable roof.
  • Options
    NCDaWg38NCDaWg38 Member Posts: 115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Michigan ought not use the Rose Bowl as a measuring stick. Alabama’s OL is arguable the worst seen in the CFP, ever. The UW OL is a different animal altogether. That said, I’m nervous as a long tail cat.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Blake Corum's last 4 games.

Are you okay?
    No shit…. I thought this was code for like when people order pizza from 9-1-1.