Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your Guide to Houston That Doesn’t Suck

Comments

• Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 183
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Best Buc-ee location for a 4 day stay?
  • Options
    Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Definitely the bathroom.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I no lie looked up Buc-ees locations today. I’ve never been, but I’m fuckin goin
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Get the praline pecans. Thank me and your newfound diabetes later.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I no lie looked up Buc-ees locations today. I’ve never been, but I’m fuckin goin
    Good chance the closest legit one near you (at least that I’m aware of) is in Centerville north of Houston on I45

Not terribly sure what’s East or West but you won’t get a full experience going South

Pro tip … if you go up to the one in Centerville then make sure you also stop at Woody’s Smokehouse … while I’m sure the meat/jerky is the main draw I’d call out the spice rubs that they’ve got … they are super strong and a place I frequent often
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Good chance the closest legit one near you (at least that I’m aware of) is in Centerville north of Houston on I45

Not terribly sure what’s East or West but you won’t get a full experience going South

Pro tip … if you go up to the one in Centerville then make sure you also stop at Woody’s Smokehouse … while I’m sure the meat/jerky is the main draw I’d call out the spice rubs that they’ve got … they are super strong and a place I frequent often
    there is one just west of town in Katy
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited January 4

Tequilla said:

there is one just west of town in Katy
    Katy one has one of the longest car washes in the world if I’m not mistaken…most of the Buc-ees have decent breakfast tacos if you are looking for a quick bite.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/buc-ees-in-katy-breaks-record-for-worlds-longest-car-wash/285-491847207

Buc-ees started in Lake Jackson area which is why all the ones South of Houston are older and more standard gas stations.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck, Houston sounds fucking retarded.

And this is coming from someone that still takes pleasure in spending time in fucking Portland.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    In the last 3years bucees expanded bigtime. They are still outside of metro centers, but are more frequent now.

Katy and Fairfield are probably the most accessible
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I’m glad we have so many Houston superiority guysm on this bored. Thanks for the info, fellas
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I’m glad we have so many Houston superiority guysm on this bored. Thanks for the info, fellas

Been using this thread like it's the only information about Houston on the internet
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    Outside the west coast we seem to have more Texas superiority guysm than anywhere else.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 487
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club

If not already asked, where is the best river bridge to jack off guys for $3 a pop?

Buying or selling?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,287
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    So locals, the forecast looks like ass for Monday. Assuming a closed roof at the stadium; outdoor activities will be a no-go and I assume I'll get soaked with any type of walking into the stadium.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the forecast since I am a 10:40am flight arrival that day but generally speaking does IAH just get screwed by T-storms, or is it usually a temporary ground stop with a few diversions that get cleared up quickly or a cluster fuck beyond cluster fucks? I don't want to get fucked with a multi-hour delay due to T-storms but don't really have the schedule open to get there the night before.

Also I assume with such weather that traffic will be a disaster?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,287
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    whlinder said:

So locals, the forecast looks like ass for Monday. Assuming a closed roof at the stadium; outdoor activities will be a no-go and I assume I'll get soaked with any type of walking into the stadium.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the forecast since I am a 10:40am flight arrival that day but generally speaking does IAH just get screwed by T-storms, or is it usually a temporary ground stop with a few diversions that get cleared up quickly or a cluster fuck beyond cluster fucks? I don't want to get fucked with a multi-hour delay due to T-storms but don't really have the schedule open to get there the night before.

Current forecast is t-storms Monday AM and then likely high humidity shit in the afternoon
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

whlinder said:

Current forecast is t-storms Monday AM and then likely high humidity shit in the afternoon
    Gross.
  • Options
    Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Tequilla said:

whlinder said:

I see low temps in the 40 Monday night which means cold front coming in. Tuesday is cold by Houston standards. Cold front blowing in might keep the humidity away. Normal Houston without a cold front you'll be in a bowl of soup for several hours after a rainstorm.

"The air you wear"