Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer literally flipped the script

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited January 4 in Hardcore Husky Board

#LosersLose
#WinnersWin

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Dude seems to be special.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Brock said his phone blew up when DeBoer was hired saying UW got the best coach in America

We were all ready to slit our throats because of it, who knew that an insurance salesman was part time top 5 CFB coach
    Wonder if DeBoer switches to AllState from State Farm
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

His move on the 2nd 4th down attempt was fucking madman shit. I'm talking about him having Penix go out to pretend they and get Texas to go offsides, calls timeout, then puts his fucking offense back out there to go for it.

Never seen anything like it, if another coach has don't it -- props to them too.

I hate the draw them offsides attempt only to call time out. I was like

Then they come out and get it. Boing

I think DeBoer may have done it last season
    Exactly, take the delay of game and punt it away.

Anyone know what game opponent he did the same too last year? Can't believe I missed it.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Brock said his phone blew up when DeBoer was hired saying UW got the best coach in America

We were all ready to slit our throats because of it, who knew that an insurance salesman was part time top 5 CFB coach
    This ain't it, plenty of us were very happy with the hire from day one.
    It's come up on the pod several times but Joey and I were literally on our way back from the Montana game and talking about how UW should just hire the Fresno coach who almost won at Autzen earlier in the day. I'll admit I was Campbell and sadly even Aranda probably before Deboer but I felt most people were good with the hire, though not on like a Neu or Petersen level.

I think the offense was the big thing and why it had to be Deboer over Wilcox. The years of Jimmy and Pete's post-2016 painful offenses had to go away.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,598
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

His move on the 2nd 4th down attempt was fucking madman shit. I'm talking about him having Penix pretend attempting to goad Texas into jumping offsides, calls timeout, then puts his fucking offense back out there to go for it.

Never seen anything like it, if another coach has done it -- props to them too.

yah that was brilliant ~ giving them the extra time to talk about it on the sidelines , very cool
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

We? All?

There were a few nameless individuals calling for Deboer to replace Lake when Lake was still the coach.
    First and right.

Me and @Baseman

I for one was pissed when Jen was still fucking around with the 3 coarches before that rejected her leopard print.

It wasn't my idea but I was onboard from the start. When it came to hiring decision time I was really surprised that everyone here wasn't on the Deboer bandwagon.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

We? All?

There were a few nameless individuals calling for Deboer to replace Lake when Lake was still the coach.
    First and right.

Me and @Baseman

I for one was pissed when Jen was still fucking around with the 3 coarches before that rejected her leopard print.

Sorry jack, get in line. I was first.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/89470/we-should-hire-the-fresno-st-coach/p1
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I wanted Stoops. And that was dumb. He'd have been Petersen only more burned out

Then Campbell coming off the only good year of his career. More with less. I knew better than that

DeBoer was meh and I wanted to complain about how UW hates football etc

But I did notice his record

Thought of Jim Tressel at Youngstown

Winners win

A good portion of the doubt was brought on by disappointment after *we actually started believing Stoops was a possibility. I also would've taken him first, and it would've been dumb, but with a lot of sizzle.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

This ain't it, plenty of us were very happy with the hire from day one.
    Let’s not pretend like he was a sure thing, some where optimistic
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,323
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was on record that I liked the DeBoer hire over the Riley hire at USC. This was during the "USC is back and made a big dick hire, while UW went cheap" phase.