Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Couple things...

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
The two threads put out were to show that:

1. Petersen inherited about the same talent as sark did

2. While I said i'm a "negadawg" I'm not referring to the long term outlook, but of what we have seen so far, Petersen's task at hand is difficult and the top 20 program we want is a ways off. This year isn't going to be what some here thought. Except for PLSS.

All the talk about calls and tricks plays and shit is fine, but the reality is Stanford went on the road in conference and won because they were better. They were better on both sides of the ball. Period. I'm optimistic Petersen is the guy to get over the hump. If he can't do it, UW is just fucked forever.

Obligatory (profiles in courage edition): I hope I'm wrong and Petersen runs the table and goes 13-1.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,826
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    We're finishing 4-5 in conference

dats a fact jack

losses to UCLA, Oregon, Zona, and CUOG
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dats a fact jack

Arizona or WSU could flip. Neither are in the bag, by far. Both on the road. Yikes
  • Options
    Founders Club

dats a fact jack

Arizona or WSU could flip. Neither are in the bag, by far. Both on the road. Yikes
    at Utah and at Cal could also be dicey games.

I think we have a better chance of beating UCLA than we do of going .500 on the road in conference
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,543
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dats a fact jack

I'm not going to believe you unless you tell me to cook it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

dats a fact jack

I'm not going to believe you unless you tell me to cook it.
    *insert creepy clown .gif here*
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    yeah... well... one more win this year and Peterman has marched Sark's brilliance as a first year Husky head coach and he'll be playing with house money the rest of the way.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2014
    Cannot argue with that logic. Well played.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dats a fact jack

I think we have a better chance of beating UCLA than we do of going .500 on the road in conference
    I think Utah is an easy win, don't even need to show up. ...<------- faggoty wink.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dats a fact jack

What do you know, dumbfuck once again brings nothing of value to the table.

You really would be better off to lurk around for a bit, keep your mouth shut, and let the grown ups have the real discussions.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dats a fact jack

Near certain loss to Oregon. The others are tough, but winnable games. 5+ wins in conference.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    We have some talent but it is painfully clear that the RB and OL positions are a disaster. And the QB stable in need of flushing. So basically I agree with the OP.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    It's been clear since Sankey and ASJ declared this offense was going to take a major step back, pining the hopes on a coaching wizard when all u had was a returning mediocre oline at best, told u all u needed to know
    No way in heck u get 5 conference wins this year like i been telling u only one is probable colorado
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    For as hot of a mess as the game was against Stanford, we were in a position to win the game in the 4th quarter. Outside of Oregon and UCLA, nobody else in the conference will be at Stanford's level (who is still a reasonably decent team).

At this point though, I'm thinking I take the 5-4 record in conference this year and grow from there. The QB position is one hell of a hot mess.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

dats a fact jack

What do you know, dumbfuck once again brings nothing of value to the table.

You really would be better off to lurk around for a bit, keep your mouth shut, and let the grown ups have the real discussions.
    You're a fucking pretentious faggot who deserves to be tied to the train tracks.

At least people read my posts, since I don't spend 81 minutes constructing some shit-tier thesis on something no one gives a fuck about
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,809
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

After watching the game I have a hard time thinking Stanford is that good. Sure they will win 8 or 9 games but they will lose their share of games in conference.

I think we are destined to win 3 or 4 conference games. Petersen gets paid a boat load of money to figure it out but so far he hasn't. It's like watching rick when he took over for Lambo. Rick scrapped everything and said what the fuck can we do when they were 0-2 ans they adapted their entire offense to the talent they had.
    I really think we should run our qb a shitload of times because we sure as he'll can't throw vs a decent defense. But I leave that to Pete to figure out.

I agree about the offense. I have seen QB's like Miles win, but they aren't in offenses that rely on downfield passing and going through progressions. Once Stanford shut down the running game in the second half, it was all over. Colin Klein at Kansas State comes to mind. He couldn't throw for shit and wasn't a blazing fast runner, but he was efficient. I hope they tailor the offense more to Miles' strengths.
    They may as well just start running the fucking option.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,483
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

After watching the game I have a hard time thinking Stanford is that good. Sure they will win 8 or 9 games but they will lose their share of games in conference.

I think we are destined to win 3 or 4 conference games. Petersen gets paid a boat load of money to figure it out but so far he hasn't. It's like watching rick when he took over for Lambo. Rick scrapped everything and said what the fuck can we do when they were 0-2 ans they adapted their entire offense to the talent they had.
    I really think we should run our qb a shitload of times because we sure as he'll can't throw vs a decent defense. But I leave that to Pete to figure out.

I agree about the offense. I have seen QB's like Miles win, but they aren't in offenses that rely on downfield passing and going through progressions. Once Stanford shut down the running game in the second half, it was all over. Colin Klein at Kansas State comes to mind. He couldn't throw for shit and wasn't a blazing fast runner, but he was efficient. I hope they tailor the offense more to Miles' strengths.
    #tommiefrazier #tui #anythingbutthis
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,543
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

PGOS has been honking that horn for days. I don't think it's a bad idea.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,291
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I agree about the offense. I have seen QB's like Miles win, but they aren't in offenses that rely on downfield passing and going through progressions. Once Stanford shut down the running game in the second half, it was all over. Colin Klein Any QB at Kansas State comes to mind. He couldn't throw for shit and wasn't a blazing fast runner, but he was efficient. He had a shitty throwing motion too. I hope they tailor the offense more to Miles' strengths.