Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dominic Kirks to SC confirmed

2»

Comments

• Options
    ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It sounds like Ohio State is slow playing this kid because they lost out on their top targets. Hopefully he ends up signing with us though.
  • Options
    brentsbrents Member Posts: 25
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    phineas said:

Vegasdawg said:

Imagine if there were any accountability for publicly reporting false information instead of having journalistic integrity and digging into the matter yourself

When you get paid the same amount for the right or the wrong information, there's no incentive to put in any effort into reporting the information that matters most to football fans

Rest assured that Eklund is compensated in a way that is commensurate with the accuracy and quality of his contributions.
    Curious, what does he make?
    I don't think that site makes much more than $300k in gross receipts. That assumes over 2,000 full paying subscribers at $120 a year, which if you've ever posted there is far more than the number of people you actually interacted with. We'll have to take Kim's word for it that most subscribers lurk and don't post. Outside of that, besides minimal ad sales, I can't think of any other revenue channels they may have.

The overhead is probably pretty low (besides their nacho cheese budget), and I'm guessing only Kim goes to away games, where he moonlights as a photographer to cover travel costs. For all the hot talk about lawyers though, they likely incur $0 in legal fees and haven't been able to afford more than a 30 minute consultation in years. It's a bare bones operation over there.

Who knows what their financing looks like, but I can't imagine they were able to secure much debt for such a small operation. Maybe one of them had a rich aunt die and the inheritance has been keeping the lights on while they hemorrhage cash.

Either way though, I can't see how any of them are taking a salary in excess of $100k (as "CEO" Kim probably takes distributions instead, but same fucking thing when it's just three jackasses at the company). Eklund is probably bottom of the totem pole and is getting far less than the other two. But the math is depressing no matter what - that is not nearly enough money to afford an even halfway comfortable lifestyle in one of the highest COL areas in the country. And it's not like they're getting a 401k match or even a mildly decent healthcare plan. I'm guessing they all have side gigs (does Kim still sell real estate?) to supplement the paltry earnings they're getting from the site. For their sakes I hope they bought their homes in the 90s so they're at least sitting on a pay day and can eventually retire to Sequim or some other cheaper shit hole.
    i havent looked at that website in ages but, 2,000 paying subscribers? The free boards looked like a ghost town last time i saw it (maybe a decade?)

The paid board is really that active?
    Some of us keep getting our credit cards charged and don't have a way to stop it.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I didn’t read the article because I’m a Jew and won’t pay for access, but in the first couple paragraphs it says that he didn’t sign because Schmidt left.

Why the fuck would you care about the position coach when the head coach is Deboer?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

JECAR said:

I didn’t read the article because I’m a Jew and won’t pay for access, but in the first couple paragraphs it says that he didn’t sign because Schmidt left.

Why the fuck would you care about the position coach when the head coach is Deboer?

It's an excuse to use while you get slow played by other schools like Ohio State.
    Absolutely, he was going to play for Inoke anyway.
  • Options
    ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Overall after reading I felt a little better that he might sign here. As long as we hire someone with a little bit of recruiting ability and Ohio state keeps slow playing I think we can close him.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

“Commitments need to mean something!”

-some faggot on twitter