Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dominic Kirks to SC confirmed

Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
He’d rather be right than first…or something like that.

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023

Imagine if there were any accountability for publicly reporting false information instead of having journalistic integrity and digging into the matter yourself

When you get paid the same amount for the right or the wrong information, there's no incentive to put in any effort into reporting the information that matters most to football fans

TITTT?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Imagine if there were any accountability for publicly reporting false information instead of having journalistic integrity and digging into the matter yourself

When you get paid the same amount for the right or the wrong information, there's no incentive to put in any effort into reporting the information that matters most to football fans

Rest assured that Eklund is compensated in a way that is commensurate with the accuracy and quality of his contributions.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Rest assured that Eklund is compensated in a way that is commensurate with the accuracy and quality of his contributions.
    Curious, what does he make?
  • Options
    Vegasdawg said:

Queefs.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Vegasdawg said:

I don't think that site makes much more than $300k in gross receipts. That assumes over 2,000 full paying subscribers at $120 a year, which if you've ever posted there is far more than the number of people you actually interacted with. We'll have to take Kim's word for it that most subscribers lurk and don't post. Outside of that, besides minimal ad sales, I can't think of any other revenue channels they may have.

The overhead is probably pretty low (besides their nacho cheese budget), and I'm guessing only Kim goes to away games, where he moonlights as a photographer to cover travel costs. For all the hot talk about lawyers though, they likely incur $0 in legal fees and haven't been able to afford more than a 30 minute consultation in years. It's a bare bones operation over there.

Who knows what their financing looks like, but I can't imagine they were able to secure much debt for such a small operation. Maybe one of them had a rich aunt die and the inheritance has been keeping the lights on while they hemorrhage cash.

Either way though, I can't see how any of them are taking a salary in excess of $100k (as "CEO" Kim probably takes distributions instead, but same fucking thing when it's just three jackasses at the company). Eklund is probably bottom of the totem pole and is getting far less than the other two. But the math is depressing no matter what - that is not nearly enough money to afford an even halfway comfortable lifestyle in one of the highest COL areas in the country. And it's not like they're getting a 401k match or even a mildly decent healthcare plan. I'm guessing they all have side gigs (does Kim still sell real estate?) to supplement the paltry earnings they're getting from the site. For their sakes I hope they bought their homes in the 90s so they're at least sitting on a pay day and can eventually retire to Sequim or some other cheaper shit hole.
    So you’re saying we shouldn’t make fun of them because they already live a sad existence?
  • Options
    Kirks is so locked in that he’s not signing today. What do we pay Ektard for, anyway?
  • Options

Kirks is so locked in that he’s not signing today. What do we pay Ektard for, anyway?

• Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sounds like an open portal slot to me
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Vegasdawg said:

I don't think that site makes much more than $300k in gross receipts. That assumes over 2,000 full paying subscribers at $120 a year, which if you've ever posted there is far more than the number of people you actually interacted with. We'll have to take Kim's word for it that most subscribers lurk and don't post. Outside of that, besides minimal ad sales, I can't think of any other revenue channels they may have.

The overhead is probably pretty low (besides their nacho cheese budget), and I'm guessing only Kim goes to away games, where he moonlights as a photographer to cover travel costs. For all the hot talk about lawyers though, they likely incur $0 in legal fees and haven't been able to afford more than a 30 minute consultation in years. It's a bare bones operation over there.

Who knows what their financing looks like, but I can't imagine they were able to secure much debt for such a small operation. Maybe one of them had a rich aunt die and the inheritance has been keeping the lights on while they hemorrhage cash.

Either way though, I can't see how any of them are taking a salary in excess of $100k (as "CEO" Kim probably takes distributions instead, but same fucking thing when it's just three jackasses at the company). Eklund is probably bottom of the totem pole and is getting far less than the other two. But the math is depressing no matter what - that is not nearly enough money to afford an even halfway comfortable lifestyle in one of the highest COL areas in the country. And it's not like they're getting a 401k match or even a mildly decent healthcare plan. I'm guessing they all have side gigs (does Kim still sell real estate?) to supplement the paltry earnings they're getting from the site. For their sakes I hope they bought their homes in the 90s so they're at least sitting on a pay day and can eventually retire to Sequim or some other cheaper shit hole.
    i havent looked at that website in ages but, 2,000 paying subscribers? The free boards looked like a ghost town last time i saw it (maybe a decade?)

The paid board is really that active?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985

Just drop Kirks and take that Butler guy

you can take both lmao.
    Then why the hold up with butler?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just drop Kirks and take that Butler guy

you can take both lmao.
    Then why the hold up with butler?
    I think they slow played him and he’s reciprocating. We find out tomorrow I think.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Kim has been an alleged realtor over one of the great housing booms in history. Some ups and downs but the last 20 years you should be able to print money

Renton isn't Los Angeles but still

I moved here from California in 2007 and was looking for a nice 3 BD, 2 BA house in Renton. After hearing about Mr. Grinolds from some co-workers, I called him up. We met at Starbucks over a banana, and I knew after about 5 minutes of talking with Mr. Grinolds that he lived up to his reputation as being very knowledge-able and experienced.

After a few showings, I found the house of my dreams in Renton, near my job. I had a few doubts before offering, mostly regarding my unease the market. I was wary, but Mr. Grinolds assured me that the housing market is only going to continue going up and in about 5 years I should be able to see a 50% increase in value on my house. Awesome, a real estate agent who has the market dialed in!

A few months later after a successful purchase, the bubble burst and I lost everything. I was angry at first, but Mr. Grinolds calmed me down and I now know that his assurance that the market going up was only what he was hearing. Clearly I needed to learn the difference. Despite living on the streets of Kent and using Starbucks wifi to write this review, I learned a valuable lesson thanks to Mr. Grinolds. I would recommend him to anyone.

- Alex Ossai (Bought a home with Kim Grinolds in 2007 in Seattle, WA)
    Is it bad I thought this was a real review until the last paragraph?