Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Athletic: Scouting the Huskies

Ask rival coaches in the Pac-12 about Washington, and almost all come back to the same larger point about this Huskies team: They just know how to win.

That seems like it would be an obvious point, considering two of the four teams in the College Football Playoff are undefeated and the other two are 12-1. But this vibe goes a little deeper for Kalen DeBoer’s team.

The nine Pac-12 coaches The Athletic interviewed for this scouting report, who were granted anonymity in exchange for candid opinions, admitted they expected Oregon to beat Washington in their rematch in the Pac-12 Championship Game. And yet, once again, the Huskies found a way to win.

https://theathletic.com/5147692/2023/12/21/washington-texas-college-football-sugar-bowl-scouting-report/

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    whlinder said:

Shockingly they all think Texas is going to win now.

I support their track record.

Yup, they fucking jealous that the fatduchman is like a hot flirtatious chick that lets them think they can smash but then changes her mind last min with all them close wins this season. He left a lot of blue balls this season
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,121 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    whlinder said:

Ask rival coaches in the Pac-12 about Washington, and almost all come back to the same larger point about this Huskies team: They just know how to win.

That seems like it would be an obvious point, considering two of the four teams in the College Football Playoff are undefeated and the other two are 12-1. But this vibe goes a little deeper for Kalen DeBoer’s team.

The nine Pac-12 coaches The Athletic interviewed for this scouting report, who were granted anonymity in exchange for candid opinions, admitted they expected Oregon to beat Washington in their rematch in the Pac-12 Championship Game. And yet, once again, the Huskies found a way to win.

https://theathletic.com/5147692/2023/12/21/washington-texas-college-football-sugar-bowl-scouting-report/

Fuck paywalls. Join me on my crusade.

https://archive.ph/fhXOq
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

After the Athletic dropped Caple I canceled.

My sub hasn't expired yet. It's still probably the best writing about sports on the interwebs, other than this place ofc.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    jecornel said:

same
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,918 Founders Club
    I cancelled when NY Times bought them out
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,450
    Bob_C said:

Looks like The Athletic is doing well.

Contemplating this business model gives me heaps of unneeded anxiety. Drowning the lifeguard because you can’t swim.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Boner and Grubb can put points on anyone with the current offensive roster. Defense just needs to get 2-3 stops and the game should be close enough to where we win by 1-3 points
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    its weird to think that if your defense can just get 3 stops that you will win, but with this team that is true ~ stranger than fiction.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club

its weird to think that if your defense can just get 3 stops that you will win, but with this team that is true ~ stranger than fiction.

The defense only needs 1 more stop (punt, turnover, 4th down conversion) than the other team.

I think for UW to win the game, they’ll need 4-5 total stops.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    jecornel said:

Same. My subscription ends Dec. 31. For the past six months or so, I’ve rated every story “meh.”

That’ll show them.