Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do we? have a Whisky thread?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I can drink the tater juice.

brown? I’m down.

Tequila? No way.

Scotch? FTS

Gin? Sucks.

Wine? Sucks.

Beer? Unmmm,, as many as we can go.

And then?

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Aaaaaaaaaand the whiskey thread is officially ruined.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Aaaaaaaaaand the whiskey thread is officially ruined.

By whoo?

I’ll bow out, pod.

I have other places to go. And will go.
  • Options
    Hate ol @SECDAWG ruined the party.

Again.

😞
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I have so much damn whiskey and whisky at my house. I need to stop buying for a while and try to cull the herd. Quite honestly, it would take me years to go through what I have.

Have bought some recent releases from Woodinville. Bought a bottle of their 100% rye finished in a port cask. It's fantastic. I usually end up drinking 3 drama. Definitely need to take it easy with that stuff.

*dram
    Thanks @Doog_de_Jour .

Autocorrect bit my ass. Autofuck!
    Or maybe you had a 3 drama…not sure what that would be…maybe two chicks and @huskyhooligan all fighting over you?
    lulz

No drama here. My massive dong is reserved for @huskyhooligan only.
    Love is love.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I am nowhere near as well-seasoned as you highbrow epicureans. ATBS, this is the best bourbon I've ever had.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,954
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am nowhere near as well-seasoned as you highbrow epicureans. ATBS, this is the best bourbon I've ever had.

Yella always right.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The Old Forrester high end stuff is surprisingly very good ... the Prohibition style is very solid

For anybody that hasn't had E.H. Taylor ... that's very very smooth.

The Jefferson Ocean shit can get fucked ... not a fan of that at all
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The Old Forrester high end stuff is surprisingly very good ... the Prohibition style is very solid

E.H. Taylor great but it's a Sazerac Brands // Buffalo Trace product and therefor very difficult to get.

This Buffalo Trace shortage is really chapping my ass and making me think these guys have become a bunch of fags like Rolex, artificially keeping supplies low.

https://whiskeyreviewer.com/2022/06/how-buffalo-trace-made-itself-scarce-060822/
  • Options

Tequilla said:

E.H. Taylor great but it's a Sazerac Brands // Buffalo Trace product and therefor very difficult to get.

This Buffalo Trace shortage is really chapping my ass and making me think these guys have become a bunch of fags like Rolex, artificially keeping supplies low.

https://whiskeyreviewer.com/2022/06/how-buffalo-trace-made-itself-scarce-060822/
    Nobody says life is easy ...

I've got a bottle and a half at my palatial estate

It's HARD but not THAT hard
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,082
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have so much damn whiskey and whisky at my house. I need to stop buying for a while and try to cull the herd. Quite honestly, it would take me years to go through what I have.

Have bought some recent releases from Woodinville. Bought a bottle of their 100% rye finished in a port cask. It's fantastic. I usually end up drinking 3 drama. Definitely need to take it easy with that stuff.

*dram
    Thanks @Doog_de_Jour .

Autocorrect bit my ass. Autofuck!
    Or maybe you had a 3 drama…not sure what that would be…maybe two chicks and @huskyhooligan all fighting over you?
    lulz

No drama here. My massive dong is reserved for @huskyhooligan only.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Look, bud, I'm not afraid of hard work and struggle. My bio says as much.

But I fucking hate scarcity of things that should not be that hard to come by.

You can't tell me that 2020 is the sole reason for the Buffalo Trace cluster fuck. How come all the other brands are still available?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You can't tell me that 2020 is the sole reason for the Buffalo Trace cluster fuck. How come all the other brands are still available?
    It's hard to tell when you're not on the inside

We all know that their products are very much in demand

What are their capacity constraints? Do they have the ability to produce as much as the demand is?

I know people that have visited their facilities and there is definitely limits placed on what you can purchase

EWIWBI
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It's hard to tell when you're not on the inside

We all know that their products are very much in demand

What are their capacity constraints? Do they have the ability to produce as much as the demand is?

I know people that have visited their facilities and there is definitely limits placed on what you can purchase

EWIWBI
    @Swaye came in with all his wampum and bought ALL the Weller 12 and Weller Reserve in Virginia. I've seen the pics.
  • Options
    I like IT:

It don’t like me. Best brown liquor there is for the price.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Got this today.
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,510
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I feel like a big winner being a very good friend of the Woodinville bourbon makers family.
    Some of their never to see the market stuff is unbelievable.
    Even better than Popcorn's bourbon makings (RIP).
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    Founders Club
    Speaking of bourbon, we were out at a Mexican restaurant (try the nachos!) in the Red River Gorge, about an hour east of Lexington. We ended up talking to the owner.

He keeps the place open during winter even though hardly anyone goes out to the gorge. One of the things he does to drum up business is a raffle. The prize? You get the chance to buy a bottle of Pappy 12 at cost ($200). He charges $100 per ticket and keeps all the earnings. He’s legally unable to give the bottle as a prize but according to him, Pappy 12 is going for $1000-1200. He said at most, he sells about 30 tickets. Almost made me wish I drank bourbon.