Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mississippi State QB Will Rogers in transfer portal

1235»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OK Mrs Eason.

Skinny wasn't good. All the evidence and the eye test proves it. He was briefly hurt as an established, second year starter and couldn't win his job back. He barely slipped past Jake Haener to be QB1 and had a piss poor season at UW.

But he was in preseason watch lists as a sophomore. BAM!
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2023
    chuck said:

OK Mrs Eason.

Skinny wasn't good. All the evidence and the eye test proves it. He was briefly hurt as an established, second year starter and couldn't win his job back. He barely slipped past Jake Haener to be QB1 and had a piss poor season at UW.

@chuck knows more than Georgia’s coaches… check

“In Week 1 of the 2017 season, Georgia starting QB Jacob Eason went down with a leg injury. The rest, as they say, was history.
    True freshman Jake Fromm took over and never gave the starting job back, leading the Bulldogs all the way to the national championship game, where they lost in overtime to Alabama.”
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,962
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ok, can he just commit so this thread can be revitalized.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

OK Mrs Eason.

@chuck knows more than Georgia’s coaches… check

“In Week 1 of the 2017 season, Georgia starting QB Jacob Eason went down with a leg injury. The rest, as they say, was history.
    True freshman Jake Fromm took over and never gave the starting job back, leading the Bulldogs all the way to the national championship game, where they lost in overtime to Alabama.”
    I do believe both of you have a point but I will say this - Georgia started Fromm, but then ended up signing Stetson Bennett - who, was a Georgia Bulldog.

Stetson came in at a PWO, was told he would never play, went Juco, went BACK to Georgia - won 2 nattys.

I could be wrong - but both Saban and Smart haven’t had QB play as good as DeBoer has had with Penix this season. Stetson improved more at Jones County than he did in Athens.

Not to mention Sabans handling of Hurts - who has proved that he’s a “good” NFL guy… but the offense alabama ran didn’t fit him at all. I would argue that Grubb and DeBoer would simply change the offense much earlier in the season rather than benching the multi-season starter - could be wrong.

All this to say - the SEC is great and everything, but the QB play and QB decision making is spotty, from what I’ve seen. They get good QBs because it’s the SEC - not because they develop them.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW has fared well in the portal at some positions but not so much on defense aside from going 1/2 on cornerbacks.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Eason was not good. Fuck off with this shit
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,962
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ok, can he just commit so this thread can be revitalized.

Bump.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

For what it’s worth I think they need to very careful with handing out bags to guys who are going to instantly impact the team. I think this seems to be the strategy but giving a bag to someone who will not make a difference for a year or two just seems like a recipe for a toxic locker room.

That's what I wonder about too. Does a one-year rental at QB help us? next year when I think we know the overall team is going to take a bit of a step back? Wouldn't it be better to take a higher upside guy like a Murphy and let him develop over next year or two (and compete with Mack, and Davis, along the way) as we try to reload the barren cupboards left by Lake (and Peterman)?

I guess maybe it does if it keeps McMillan and/or Polk (and DJ?) around for one more year, and/or helps us land more offensive talent overall. If we take Rogers, it would seem to suggest we think there is a chance we? can keep those guys if we? can put a good value proposition on the table for them across NIL and potential blow-out stats again next year.
    i think we've seen the best of what rogers can offer in an "air raid" offense. He wasn't impressive in that type of offense where his entire job is just to chuck the ball. I don't see him as being such a huge upgrade over one of the other younger players that you may develop and have for 2-3 years. Ward being the exception where i think he could step in and dominate(and keep players around at the WR position). I don't think rogers convinces anyone to stay
    I know that stats are for losers, but I don't see how you can say he was not impressive in 2021/2022.

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
    142 237 59.9 1,626 6.9 12 4 65 130.9
    415 610 68.0 3,974 6.5 35 8 75 139.1
    505 683 73.9 4,739 6.9 36 9 56 147.0
    239 346 69.1 1,976 5.7 11 7 51 123.5
    Let’s just start with I’m too drunk to do all the research….in my earlier years i would have said I’m too lazy…and my earliest i would have just said i had aids and was looking for a cure….

But, look at his game by game logs and look at where these stats were compiled. If you went top 3 sec vs the rest? Not good.

He’s better than unseasoned qb, but I’m just not overly impressed. I’m going full kem to give myself an out but we obviously have a coach who gets the full benefit of the doubt.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

@SECDAWG! True?

True. Should know something this weekend.

I already said what I think about Will, where he came from and his potential and faults.

But y’all know better.