Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How will we ever beat Mighty Tejas?

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Could be a 16-10 kind of game.

But Bama isn’t losing to Michigan.

Bammer struggled with South Florida. It's not the Bammer of the 2010s. They shouldn't even be anywhere near the playoffs.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,116
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Worthy will beat the 3rd best receiver from Fresno on the field, behind McMillan and Giles.

Nuff said on that.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023

PurpleJ said:

Worthy probably wouldn’t even start on our team.

I can't think of any Texas players that could
    I’d take SWEAT and I think Ewers would make a decent understudy for Penix. Scrappy lunch pail guy who I’d be okay with railing my daughter.
  • Options
    DahobbsDahobbs Member Posts: 34
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

Watching some game highlights is making me feel better and better about this matchup. The Texas OL can be had. Fat, slow movers prone to complete jailbreaks in pass protection. They're a classic Sarkisian OL that can get rolling if you sit back and let them but are very vulnerable to quick penetration and disrupted plays.

I don't think that describes our offensive line at all. If anything, their strength is athletic ability and ability to move in space. We got some size, but we don't overpower at the line of scrimmage. One of the real strengths of this line is getting our in space with our screen game.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

chuck said:

Watching some game highlights is making me feel better and better about this matchup. The Texas OL can be had. Fat, slow movers prone to complete jailbreaks in pass protection. They're a classic Sarkisian OL that can get rolling if you sit back and let them but are very vulnerable to quick penetration and disrupted plays.

I don't think that describes our offensive line at all. If anything, their strength is athletic ability and ability to move in space. We got some size, but we don't overpower at the line of scrimmage. One of the real strengths of this line is getting our in space with our screen game.
    They looked plodding to me. Yes they get out there but they look slow and unathletic doing it, at least compared to UWs line.

Opinions are bound to vary and can be clouded by bias, just not mine (faggy wink).
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2023

Dahobbs said:

Canadawg said:

Did you miss our QB at the Heisman event on Saturday? Or the fact that we have 3 WRs better than your best one? Our oline has allowed less than half the sacks. Our RB is a bully. They all played hurt for half the year btw. Do you have Gronk 2.0?

You like your team, I get it. It is a really good team. But come on, if you want to have a real football discussion, you have to keep some perspective. You do not have three receivers better than Worthy. He is going in the first round in the draft. Adonai Mitchell is probably slated as a late day 2 pick right now, similar to McMillan, although he could improve on that if he comes back another year.

As to Gronk 2.0, Ja'Tavion Sanders is widely recognized as the second best TE in college football after Brock Browers and will be a first or very early second round draft pick. He is athletic, has a great catching radius, and is almost automatic on any ball thrown in his general area.

At RB, Brooks was likely going to win the Doak Walker before he got hurt. Baxter and Blue have filled in nicely for him since then. Baxter should be the more powerful back with a high upside, but he is freshman still struggling a bit to find his footing. Blue is speedster with a good amount of inside running ability for his size.

As to sacks, your oline is very good in pass protection. However, I think a lot of the difference in sack numbers is QB awareness. Ewers at times this season would navigate the pocket poorly. He also has a tendency to hold on to the ball at times rather than taking the easy passes underneath. He has done better at that his last two games, so maybe the light is finally coming on a bit. We will see.
    i usually have to take a pretty long walk on the beach for perspective

btw you didn’t mention our WR3 who also had a better season than worthy

That is what shitdicks from Texas describe as a good wide receiver?

This guy (poster) certainly ain't a steer.

@dahobbs, You like your team, I get it. It is a really good team. But come on, if you want to have a real football discussion, you have to keep some perspective.

BTW, congrats on jumping on the Sark train within the past couple of months. If you pay attention to actual football for more than three months your understanding of said subject matter will increase exponentially.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

chuck said:

Sounds like there's a good chance UW will stuff your run game and bother Ewers. Again.

Sark needs to prove he belongs. This is his first 1 loss season ever.

DeBoer, not so much.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

TheHB said:

Bammer struggled with South Florida. It's not the Bammer of the 2010s. They shouldn't even be anywhere near the playoffs.
    Screen shots taken…
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

TheHB said:

Screen shots taken…
    Keep gargling Saban's sack!
    Hey hamburger, y’all love to twist. I’m a Bama fan now, rite??
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

TheHB said:

Screen shots taken…
    Yep
    Whose winning the Oregon/Liberty game?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

TheHB said:

Screen shots taken…
    Yep
    Oregon

What bearing does it have on anything?
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

TheHB said:

Screen shots taken…
    Yep
    Oregon

So you’re an Oregon fan now. Awesome.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

TheHB said:

Screen shots taken…
    Yep
    Oregon

So you’re an Oregon fan now. Awesome.
    No, but you gargle SEC sack. It's okay. You're SECDWAG after all.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

TheHB said:

Screen shots taken…