Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

No one cares about this stalemate any more

So are you finally done pumping that money-laundering, lost-cause, corrupt war?
    It wasnt a lost cause

Ukraine still exists with 75% of their land under their control

Russia was exposed as a circus, and the US got incredible intel watching them go full WW1 in embarassing fashion

Seems like a W for the USA
    You may be are clearly and unequivocally the dumbest person on these boreds.

Losing 25% of a nation's land is a victory in your childish mind.

Keep wearing that helmet, Retard.
    For Ukrainians? Maybe, maybe not, depends on how you look at it.

For Russia? Massive L.

For the US at a geopolitical and strategic level? Unequivocally a massive W.

Probably deterred the invasion of Taiwan if nothing else.

Definitely revitalized NATO at an existential level which "isn't" important until it is.

I could list, and already did for our regular readers, at least 10 ways in which it is for the US.

None of that means there shouldn't be better oversight, transparency, and accountability in the US military industrial complex. It's possible to be for both even though some in the Tug can't seem to fathom that.
    Unable to achieve its stated objectives of getting Russia out of Ukraine is not a W.
    We argued a settlement conceding territory that Russia had in possession plus no Ukraine in NATO. PGOS was arguing spring offensive and getting Russia out of the Ukraine. We could have had a deal before the new Russian invasion but our MIC and our eternal warriors in both parties voted for war. Meanwhile, the chicoms and Cho Bai Den smile.
    Why does the US want one of it's major enemies to have a settled peace instead of a bloody meat grinding stalemate they can't escape from?

You guysm switch between "Ukrainians are Nazis!" And "We need peace to save lives!" So fast I can't keep up.
    Why specifically are they a major enemy?
    You mean besides explicitly stating that in collaboration with the CCP they want to overthrow the US as a global power and upend the western world order? That thing they explicitly stated long before the current Ukrainian conflict?

I could list idk, maybe 20-30 things Russia does on a regular basis to undermine the US off the top of my head. No Google needed. Let's try!
    1. Funding hard leftist organizations like the New Dawn in the US to push political division and internal strife.
    2. Pushing propaganda like "fracking causes unsustainable environmental harm" to destroy US energy production(they succeeded in Europe btw).
    3. Running troll farms to literally just make Americans pissed off at eachother(A Prigozhin specialty RIP)
    4. Spreading anti-vax propaganda for things like measles, mumps, and rubella to increase childhood deaths in the US
    5. Funding anti-American politicians in South America and the Caribbean
    6. Propping up dictators like Maduro with literal Wagner military forces
    7. Yes, they are in fact involved in the fentanyl trade(not as big as the CCP but still)
    8. Funding and propping up anti-American dictators in Africa (There's like almost 10 of these but I won't cheat and name each one)
    9. Steele Dossier disinformation was provided to the Dems basically on request
    10. Did I mention they also push and fund secessionist movements within the US on both sides of the political isle?
    11. Russia actually regularly comes into our arctic economic zones with military assets to push our fishermen and oil exploration out (Trump put a stop to this, guess who let them start again?)
    12. Helping Iran get around US led sanctions
    13. Helping North Korea develop a nuclear weapon (allegedly but c'mon man!)
    14. Funding anti-American/anti-NATO groups in Europe
    15. Specifically pushing the boundaries of non-proliferation treaties
    16. Blowing shit up in space as a denial of space action(pun intended)
    17. Syria..do we need to get into all the details? It ended with a bunch of Wagnerites getting fucking smoked by the US Air Assets.
    18. Massive online state sponsored hacking presence second only to China, I literally get briefed at work on it for cybersecurity
    19. Speaking of cybersecurity, did I mention they target our critical infrastructure? You know...just in case
    20. Backwards engineering our defense tech and then selling it to our enemies such as ChY-na
    21. Specifically selling assets to undermine American "interference" like selling S400 systems to Syria which were basically only good for trying to fight US assets
    22. Engaging in bribery and influence peddling within our own establishment, why do you think such luminaries as Killary, Obama, and John Kerry were for a "reset" in relations?
    23. Helping to arm insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan with old soviet surplus
    24. Selling Soviet surplus to the Cartels
    Basically since Putin consolidated power it serves him to re-use the old Soviet propaganda that the West is the boogeyman and to have an adversarial relationship.

Again, they explicitly state we are the enemy. It's neat that so many here think there's some live and let live world beyond our borders but that's not at all how this works.

Edit: Also FRANNY?! goodnight for tonight and good luck out there folks.
    We also do most of those things to them in some form also which is their justification for continuing to do those things. It's a death spiral in terms of relations. But it's good business for think tanks I suppose. There's a deal to be made, but it won't happen because of perverse incentives.

Whataboutism potd.

There's some pretty major ones on that list we actually don't do. There have also been some major attempts to bring Russia into the rules based system. Despite what TurdBomber thinks I'm old enough to remember when it was being considered if Russia should join NATO.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Now list ChYna's evils. Yet they have ALL of our manufacturing and actively attack us on many fronts. Including printing phony ballots.

I'm the biggest ChYna hawk on this board and it's not even close. I helped murder @CirrhosisDawg RIP over it. @creepycoug can confirm. There's enough @haie in my heart for all the communists and fascists of the world.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cyber Security Now! The Russians are Coming. THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!!!!!!!!

We must defend ourselves by becoming a Far Left Communist Dictatorship before Russia takes us over!!!!

You REALLY don't read my shit.

Idk, go read Twitter some more and pretend that's me I guess. I'm more libertarian than most of the tug.

Speaking of fucking strawmen.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,823
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It wasnt a lost cause

Russia was exposed as a circus, and the US got incredible intel watching them go full WW1 in embarassing fashion

For Russia? Massive L.

Definitely revitalized NATO at an existential level which "isn't" important until it is.

I could list, and already did for our regular readers, at least 10 ways in which it is for the US.

None of that means there shouldn't be better oversight, transparency, and accountability in the US military industrial complex. It's possible to be for both even though some in the Tug can't seem to fathom that.
    Unable to achieve its stated objectives of getting Russia out of Ukraine is not a W.
    We argued a settlement conceding territory that Russia had in possession plus no Ukraine in NATO. PGOS was arguing spring offensive and getting Russia out of the Ukraine. We could have had a deal before the new Russian invasion but our MIC and our eternal warriors in both parties voted for war. Meanwhile, the chicoms and Cho Bai Den smile.
    I was hoping Ukraine would be able to do more on the offensive, but this war has literally been a trench lined shitshow with no gains by either side for a year.

Its time to hang up the cleats. Russia gets the shit they managed to grab. Ukraine joins NATO and ensures this doesnt occur again

With any luck Putin dies soon and Russians form a real government.

History says they don't, but one can hope.

No one wants Russia to be an enemy. I love Russian food, they have an interesting country and culture, hot women. Would like to visit.

They make themselves an enemy for no reason.
    Russia isn't taking that deal. They want no NATO in Ukraine and have been telling you that for years before this war.
    They didnt want NATO in Sweden and Finland, or the Baltics, either. And here we are.

This war isnt about NATO. It's about being stuck in a medieval mindset where countries conquer each other for land.

Not even Khazakstan likes Russia anymore. Friendless in their sphere of influence.
    Are you still in 3rd grade? Your analysis would suggest so.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,573
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It wasnt a lost cause

For Russia? Massive L.

I was hoping Ukraine would be able to do more on the offensive, but this war has literally been a trench lined shitshow with no gains by either side for a year.

Its time to hang up the cleats. Russia gets the shit they managed to grab. Ukraine joins NATO and ensures this doesnt occur again

No one wants Russia to be an enemy. I love Russian food, they have an interesting country and culture, hot women. Would like to visit.

Russia isn't taking that deal. They want no NATO in Ukraine and have been telling you that for years before this war.
    They didnt want NATO in Sweden and Finland, or the Baltics, either. And here we are.

This war isnt about NATO. It's about being stuck in a medieval mindset where countries conquer each other for land.

Not even Khazakstan likes Russia anymore. Friendless in their sphere of influence.

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It wasnt a lost cause

For Russia? Massive L.

You bring nothing to the conversation. Ever
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,949
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It wasnt a lost cause

For Russia? Massive L.

Why does the US want one of it's major enemies to have a settled peace instead of a bloody meat grinding stalemate they can't escape from?

You guysm switch between "Ukrainians are Nazis!" And "We need peace to save lives!" So fast I can't keep up.
    You mean besides explicitly stating that in collaboration with the CCP they want to overthrow the US as a global power and upend the western world order? That thing they explicitly stated long before the current Ukrainian conflict?

I could list idk, maybe 20-30 things Russia does on a regular basis to undermine the US off the top of my head. No Google needed. Let's try!
    1. Funding hard leftist organizations like the New Dawn in the US to push political division and internal strife.
    2. Pushing propaganda like "fracking causes unsustainable environmental harm" to destroy US energy production(they succeeded in Europe btw).
    3. Running troll farms to literally just make Americans pissed off at eachother(A Prigozhin specialty RIP)
    4. Spreading anti-vax propaganda for things like measles, mumps, and rubella to increase childhood deaths in the US
    7. Yes, they are in fact involved in the fentanyl trade(not as big as the CCP but still)
    8. Funding and propping up anti-American dictators in Africa (There's like almost 10 of these but I won't cheat and name each one)
    10. Did I mention they also push and fund secessionist movements within the US on both sides of the political isle?
    11. Russia actually regularly comes into our arctic economic zones with military assets to push our fishermen and oil exploration out (Trump put a stop to this, guess who let them start again?)
    17. Syria..do we need to get into all the details? It ended with a bunch of Wagnerites getting fucking smoked by the US Air Assets.
    18. Massive online state sponsored hacking presence second only to China, I literally get briefed at work on it for cybersecurity
    19. Speaking of cybersecurity, did I mention they target our critical infrastructure? You know...just in case
    20. Backwards engineering our defense tech and then selling it to our enemies such as ChY-na
    21. Specifically selling assets to undermine American "interference" like selling S400 systems to Syria which were basically only good for trying to fight US assets
    22. Engaging in bribery and influence peddling within our own establishment, why do you think such luminaries as Killary, Obama, and John Kerry were for a "reset" in relations?
    Basically since Putin consolidated power it serves him to re-use the old Soviet propaganda that the West is the boogeyman and to have an adversarial relationship.

Again, they explicitly state we are the enemy. It's neat that so many here think there's some live and let live world beyond our borders but that's not at all how this works.

We also do most of those things to them in some form also which is their justification for continuing to do those things. It's a death spiral in terms of relations. But it's good business for think tanks I suppose. There's a deal to be made, but it won't happen because of perverse incentives.

Whataboutism potd.

There's some pretty major ones on that list we actually don't do. There have also been some major attempts to bring Russia into the rules based system. Despite what TurdBomber thinks I'm old enough to remember when it was being considered if Russia should join NATO.
    That's why I said there's a deal to be made to stop limit this shit on both sides. Being involved in any of this shit has not paid off for us and will never pay. Only Trump and Vivek have pointed this out, and look what happens to them.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It wasnt a lost cause

For Russia? Massive L.

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It wasnt a lost cause

For Russia? Massive L.

You bring nothing to the conversation. Ever
    "But we should continue funding the death of Ukrainians because Russia Sucks!" - PGOS

Probably YBFE over the last 3 years.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,418
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Zelensky is an enemy of America and democracy aligned with Americans who are the same

Fuck that piece of shit. Close the border and hold the money hostage. America first

• Options
    Founders Club

Zelensky is an enemy of America and democracy aligned with Americans who are the same

Fuck that piece of shit. Close the border and hold the money hostage. America first

Schumer said yesterday that Republicans will be to blame for Ukraine because they insist on holding up money over border policies. The inverse could also be said that the blood is on Schumer's hands because he is willing to sacrifice Ukrainians to keep status quo at the border.

Also, Republicans are stupid the think that money will help the border problem.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    The problem is there is no plan to win as American's understood the objective, which was to actually win the war. The real objective was always @UW_Doog_Bot 's real politick version. Which is fine I suppose and understand the argument at least, but it's not what the people were told was the objective. We were promised victory in exchange for our money and the inflation that the war supposedly caused.

That's one of my main objections to all of this stuff, the product never matches the marketing materials.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It wasnt a lost cause

For Russia? Massive L.

Whataboutism potd.

That's why I said there's a deal to be made to stop limit this shit on both sides. Being involved in any of this shit has not paid off for us and will never pay. Only Trump and Vivek have pointed this out, and look what happens to them.
    Putin is down a hole he's not going to dig his way out of.

Until he's gone there's probably not much to do. Might happen sooner than later with how many internal enemieshe now has. Or maybe he holds onto power as a hermit like Fidel did.

The last "peace" the US negotiated for the Russians used to prepare and launch an attempted Poland style blitzkrieg. It would be dumb to ask for that again.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

The problem is there is no plan to win as American's understood the objective, which was to actually win the war. The real objective was always @UW_Doog_Bot 's real politick version. Which is fine I suppose and understand the argument at least, but it's not what the people were told was the objective. We were promised victory in exchange for our money and the inflation that the war supposedly caused.

That's one of my main objections to all of this stuff, the product never matches the marketing materials.

Well, part of the path to victory included things like ATACMS and F16's which the Tug opposed vehemently as provoking a nuclear fallout.

We ended up sending them after all almost 2 years later with no nuclear Winter but late enough to drag the conflict out.

Kind of disingenuous to now rail against "no clear path to victory" when past tense advocating against "escalation".
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Well, part of the path to victory included things like ATACMS and F16's which the Tug opposed vehemently as provoking a nuclear fallout.

We ended up sending them after all almost 2 years later with no nuclear Winter but late enough to drag the conflict out.

Kind of disingenuous to now rail against "no clear path to victory" when past tense advocating against "escalation".
    Now who is naive Kay
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

The media, White House and PGOS told me Ukraine is winning and there was no need for that stuff. And at one point, no need for tanks or cluster bombs either. I've been consistent in this thread that there was no chance for victory without escalation. That's been proven true. If a new plan is needed to win it, then someone should be able to tell us what that is. But that means admitting defeat in what has taken place so far.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Sledog said:

Now list ChYna's evils. Yet they have ALL of our manufacturing and actively attack us on many fronts. Including printing phony ballots.

I'm the biggest ChYna hawk on this board and it's not even close. I helped murder @CirrhosisDawg RIP over it. @creepycoug can confirm. There's enough @haie in my heart for all the communists and fascists of the world.
    Confirmed.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Cyber Security Now! The Russians are Coming. THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!!!!!!!!

We must defend ourselves by becoming a Far Left Communist Dictatorship before Russia takes us over!!!!

You REALLY don't read my shit.

Idk, go read Twitter some more and pretend that's me I guess. I'm more libertarian than most of the tug.

Speaking of fucking strawmen.
    Can also confirm.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It wasnt a lost cause

For Russia? Massive L.

Whataboutism potd.

Until he's gone there's probably not much to do. Might happen sooner than later with how many internal enemieshe now has. Or maybe he holds onto power as a hermit like Fidel did.

The last "peace" the US negotiated for the Russians used to prepare and launch an attempted Poland style blitzkrieg. It would be dumb to ask for that again.
    The Russians and the Chicoms abided with our cease fire with the North Koreans. They also abided with our split of Europe after World War II.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,573
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It wasnt a lost cause

For Russia? Massive L.

Whataboutism potd.

The Russians and the Chicoms abided with our cease fire with the North Koreans. They also abided with our split of Europe after World War II.
    And then Europe said fuck Russia and dissolves the Soviet Union
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It wasnt a lost cause

For Russia? Massive L.

Whataboutism potd.

And then Europe said fuck Russia and dissolves the Soviet Union
    Europe fought Reagan every step of the way