Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JTT and the Portal

2»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,897
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

And the thing about Emeka is that he was the best of the two and a great Robin to Harrison as Batman. Legit player. But wideout turned out to be not an issue for the Dawgs. Germie returns punts as well as Emeka too

It's crazy especially with how low the program was at the time that it's right that neither player was a huge loss, especially since with Rome, McMillan, and Polk Emeka probably means one of those guys isn't around and we know and love those guys. JTT definitely would have been elite to have across from Trice but whatever. Throw in Conerly (who still has a year left at least, I know) who you'd easily rather have Fautanu AND Rosengarten over.

The tides turned my friend.

Again, shout out JTT and Emeka for not going to Oregon though as much as I hate Ohio State.
    Fautanu is playing guard I think if we had another good tackle. Not sure conerly is good. Don't twist.
    Yeah even UW tried to keep Kirkland at tackle so Fautanu could move. Reversing that helped lead to the turnaround in overall OL play in 2022.
    That was more for Kirkland and not hurting his NFL stock vs Fautanu. Fautanu is sized like a aguard but played LT in high school and was great. I think he's more comfortable playing tackle and always has been.
    It did hurt Kirkland's draft stock. He was bad. I suppose it didn't really matter for though he was fine at guard after they switched.
    His injuries hurt his draft stock.
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

JTT will be a top 100 pick in this draft. NFL scouts are dumb and they’ll get fully sprung by his HS star rating and the Penn State game

Top 50 and probably a first rounder. He is not amazing but he's good and acting like he's not is FS.
    He’s been good, but hasn’t lived up to his top recruit in the country hype. He’s great against the run but can’t beat tackles with anything other than power, and that will only become more evident at the next level. In hindsight, he really should’ve got up to 300lbs and just played interior DL where he can beat guards and centers with speed and overpower them.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nick Bosa had big shoes to fill
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,533
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

JTT will be a top 100 pick in this draft. NFL scouts are dumb and they’ll get fully sprung by his HS star rating and the Penn State game

Top 50 and probably a first rounder. He is not amazing but he's good and acting like he's not is FS.
    He’s been good, but hasn’t lived up to his top recruit in the country hype. He’s great against the run but can’t beat tackles with anything other than power, and that will only become more evident at the next level. In hindsight, he really should’ve got up to 300lbs and just played interior DL where he can beat guards and centers with speed and overpower them.
    This is fair and I think JTT should be a DT was a sour grapes line when he didn't come to UW but probably still true. Kind of gives me the ASJ vibes where ASJ could easily be a back end Top 50 guy as a TE but could have been an elite elite OT but went the easy route. I'd say ASJ was a lot better of a college player than JTT tho.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's a 3-4 DE in the NFL and most of those guys are basically the same type of player that you described. He will get picked fairly high for being a three year starter at Ohio State.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

He's a 3-4 DE in the NFL and most of those guys are basically the same type of player that you described. He will get picked fairly high for being a three year starter at Ohio State.
    Yep. And 3-4 d ends in the NFL aren’t valued that highly.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,112
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    He’s a slightly better Benning, who we tried to make a Buck until finally moving him inside where he belonged.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He’s a slightly better Benning, who we tried to make a Buck until finally moving him inside where he belonged.

no, he is better than Benning.

we should have just made benning bigger and kept him inside, he probably woudl have gotten drafted
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

JTT and Emeka watching UW in the playoffs is great

Why do you hate Gee Scott Sr????
    Did we ever figure out who the better receiver prospect was between Rome and Gee Jr?
    Ask Tracy
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

JTT and Emeka watching UW in the playoffs is great

Why do you hate Gee Scott Sr????
    Who.gif
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,533
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

no, he is better than Benning.

we should have just made benning bigger and kept him inside, he probably woudl have gotten drafted
    It should be clear I'm not a JTT guy by any means but this isn't fair to him at all. He's kind of like a Deluxe Car Wash version of Benning Potato.