Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,531
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Will be interesting to see what him and Emeka do. I still see Emeka in the first rounds of a lot of mocks, but slipping out of some and slipping late. JTT similar but left out more often and almost always at the end of the first if in there. I assume both are done playing college.
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    JTT will be a top 100 pick in this draft. NFL scouts are dumb and they’ll get fully sprung by his HS star rating and the Penn State game
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This is Ryan Day playing the Roman General that must decimate his Centuria. Instead of being bludgeoned to death they get to flee via the portal
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    A couple years ago, I noted they didn't need to go across the country to lose to Michigan and Oregon in the same season. Fucking Jimmy Lake.

JTT looks to currently have a deal with Power Ade, PDA Team (trucking solutions). Emeka has a local CVS pharmacy, Casey's Pizza, and stuff with THE Foundation which seems like a collective.

Emeka sharing a bunch of Transfer stories on Inst. 👀👀👀👀

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    HFNY said:
    Probably a connection with breckterfield
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:
    Probably a connection with breckterfield
    Yep, he probably recruited him to Vandy.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

JTT will be a top 100 pick in this draft. NFL scouts are dumb and they’ll get fully sprung by his HS star rating and the Penn State game

Top 50 and probably a first rounder. He is not amazing but he's good and acting like he's not is FS.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,531
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Top 50 and probably a first rounder. He is not amazing but he's good and acting like he's not is FS.
    This is all correct. I think there's an extra bitterness now knowing he could just be on these teams the past two years. Should always give him respect though probably since I bet he turned down like a million dollar bag from Phil.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

And the thing about Emeka is that he was the best of the two and a great Robin to Harrison as Batman. Legit player. But wideout turned out to be not an issue for the Dawgs. Germie returns punts as well as Emeka too

It's crazy especially with how low the program was at the time that it's right that neither player was a huge loss, especially since with Rome, McMillan, and Polk Emeka probably means one of those guys isn't around and we know and love those guys. JTT definitely would have been elite to have across from Trice but whatever. Throw in Conerly (who still has a year left at least, I know) who you'd easily rather have Fautanu AND Rosengarten over.

The tides turned my friend.

Again, shout out JTT and Emeka for not going to Oregon though as much as I hate Ohio State.
    Fautanu is playing guard I think if we had another good tackle. Not sure conerly is good. Don't twist.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is all correct. I think there's an extra bitterness now knowing he could just be on these teams the past two years. Should always give him respect though probably since I bet he turned down like a million dollar bag from Phil.
    My bitterness turned to finger pointing and laughing.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

And the thing about Emeka is that he was the best of the two and a great Robin to Harrison as Batman. Legit player. But wideout turned out to be not an issue for the Dawgs. Germie returns punts as well as Emeka too

It's crazy especially with how low the program was at the time that it's right that neither player was a huge loss, especially since with Rome, McMillan, and Polk Emeka probably means one of those guys isn't around and we know and love those guys. JTT definitely would have been elite to have across from Trice but whatever. Throw in Conerly (who still has a year left at least, I know) who you'd easily rather have Fautanu AND Rosengarten over.

Again, shout out JTT and Emeka for not going to Oregon though as much as I hate Ohio State.
    Fautanu is playing guard I think if we had another good tackle. Not sure conerly is good. Don't twist.
    Yeah even UW tried to keep Kirkland at tackle so Fautanu could move. Reversing that helped lead to the turnaround in overall OL play in 2022.
    That was more for Kirkland and not hurting his NFL stock vs Fautanu. Fautanu is sized like a aguard but played LT in high school and was great. I think he's more comfortable playing tackle and always has been.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Yeah even UW tried to keep Kirkland at tackle so Fautanu could move. Reversing that helped lead to the turnaround in overall OL play in 2022.
    That was more for Kirkland and not hurting his NFL stock vs Fautanu. Fautanu is sized like a aguard but played LT in high school and was great. I think he's more comfortable playing tackle and always has been.
    It did hurt Kirkland's draft stock. He was bad. I suppose it didn't really matter for though he was fine at guard after they switched.