Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Huskies on Bourbon Street -- We Comin'

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023
    AI has done it again!!!!
  • Options
    ArcArc Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No, they just got down there a few days before the game this weekend. They're looking for the closest beer in town.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    NWO OLOHFYNA HREIE WE COLM3!
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2023

I like those jerseys. Just lose the black shoulders/sleeves.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

B-Street too non-barfy

• Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023

B-Street too non-barfy

Add vomit on the streets of the prompt, and esophageal feces
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

But when I asked for "Washington Huskies in a South Korean dive bar", things turned an AZDuck kind of weird.

Dogs in Korea? I think you should be thankful that this is as weird as it got
    Good thing there wasn’t any Korean women in it. Would’ve gotten supreme leader overly excited.

Gadzooks.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

CSB tim - Several days ago, I was in NOLA for work. Some cow-orkers and I went out and ended up walking the entire Bourbon Street. Had dinner at ACME Oyster House. The other dude in the group and I lit cigars after we left the restaurant, having to borrow a lighter from a cop who was standing guard outside ACME. It was kind of funny. We ducked into a cool bar that had a live band. They played a mix of rap, pop, and rock. Spent 20-30 minutes there before continuing the walk. We eventually ended up at Lafitte's, which is supposed to be the oldest bar in the US. Allegedly, it was a pirate bar back in the day. The only lighting in there is behind the bar and the EXIT signs. Otherwise, it's candles on tables. They also had a terrible piano player / "singer". I guess his lack of talent was part of the charm.

This was back in 2016. It seemed fairly safe back then. The women in our group were approached by random guysm and the other dude and I had to tell them to buzz off. I don't know how it is now. I've heard things have gotten a little more sketchy.

We stayed Hyatt Regency, which is right next to the Superdome. I don't even know what their rates are when there are games scheduled there.

I know. NOC

At one point in the late 90s, I technically had an address south of New Orleans but was never there more than 3 weeks at a time because the ex-Mrs Nacho lived there with her parents while I was stationed in Korea (hi Stalin!).

I went to New Orleans a couple times and thought it was the dirtiest nastiest I’ve ever been to and said I never cared to go back. Haven’t been back since but I’ve softened my stance.

I thought about going down for the game but Mrs Nacho wasn’t interested. She did mention she’s interested in the natty game so I’m keeping my powder dry and will be working on subliminal messaging for that game.
    Was there a few months back for the first time since just before Katrina. The French Quarter is still the French Quarter, it get's a little scary after midnight or so, but in general had a great time. Some of the best blues and R&B are away from Bourbon street, just ask around.

Breaking Damoan's habit of trolling in this regard, I will throw out a couple of genuine recommendations. Neither feature rickshaws, though you might be able to take something like one to either restaurant. One for Irene's. Was there in the mid 90's not too long after it first opened, and a few times since, including this last trip. It is not over the top, but has never disappointed, the food and atmosphere are really solid and is sufficiently far away from Bourbon street to not be surrounded by crazy. Ironically I tripped into my second recommendation, Restaurant Revolution, for a cocktail and ending up eating at the bar. Highly recommend, especially for those of you with your girlfriends/wives/etc. (faggy wink). Excellent restaurant, what folks expect when dining in New Orleans. There are others I'd recommend, but these days, there are plenty of apps for that.