Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I'm hearing from my buddies in Texas.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Texas is #1 in Run Stopping. 10th In defending the Pass. Like Washington they are prolific in scoring which overcomes defensive issues. Here is the performance against the top Big 12 RB they faced.

1. Gordon II - OKS - 13-24 (2.6)
    2. T.Brooks - TT - 19-95 (5.0)
    3. D.Neal - Kan - 8-45 (5.6)
    4. E.Bailey - TCU - 21-98 (4.7)
    5. D.Giddens - KSU- 9-22 (2.4)

Given DJ's style of running I think we can avg 4+ YPC against their defense. I don't know what teams in the Big 12 have good OL. Watched Gordon II in some highlights. He's more of a fast, gash you for 30 but doesn't look like a tackle breaker.

Looking at the Big 12 beyond Texas and OK I just don't see a team that I think Washington would lose to.

Texas hasnt played a single legit QB this entire season

The best one is OUs who just hit the portal

Milroe is okay but couldnt hit the broad side of the barn against either Texas, or the vaunted USF skwaad
    Milroe didn't play a single snap vs. USF.
    Thanks for keeping me honest. I thought he split time that game

Point stands. You guys havent been tested by a passing offense anywhere close to the one we will bring down to Nawlins. Oklahoma would be the closest and is your only loss
    I don't disagree. Big 12 QBs weren't very good this year. The OU game is an outlier, though, if you know anything about that game, its setting and history. Gabriel hurt Texas with his legs moreso than his arm, save the last drive where Texas lost its mind in coverage. The really bizarre games were Houston - and that kid shredded Texas when he was at Tech, too - TCU, and KSU. Texas got out to big leads and all of them abandoned their previous plan and started slinging it around. PK sat back in his shitty shell and they all came back. The last two weeks against Tech and OSU, they started pressing more and dominated. Good luck with that against Odunze. Penix is a different animal and a bad matchup for Texas. I honestly would have rather faced a Michigan team that would want to pound it between the tackles.
    Dude, everyone wanted some of Michigan. Fucking bama got luck by avoiding Washington or Texas. Michigan is probably one of the most offensively challenged teams in the playoffs
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The script. 10 play drive early not shown. 16 play, 13 play...yes we know Kwat. Death by paper cuts. Grubb started out bombing but channeled David Shaw

The difference is, this year we are good enough to hit more than one deep bomb (I think our first play was a flea flicker to Polk)?

Then it was depth by 1000 cuts on a Pete K defense as usual, and Tualapapa stiff armed and out athleted their defense to go over 100 yards.

This is such a good matchup for us.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Texas is similar to Oregon in offensive capability but Ewers is a much better downfield passer than Nix.

I have Texas down for 35 points.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Texas is similar to Oregon in offensive capability but Ewers is a much better downfield passer than Nix.

Oregon is much better coached

Texas isnt getting above 30 unless UW is nearing 40

Cook it. We are controlling the trenches
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Oregon is much better coached

Texas isnt getting above 30 unless UW is nearing 40

Cook it. We are controlling the trenches
    I think UW is going to really surprise Texas on offense. UT has played a very light schedule outside of bama, they are not accustomed to UW’s level of offensive talent.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,123
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sweat and Murphy. Sweat and Murphy. You think they could dream about holding Vita and Gainesy’s jocks? Hell no!

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Yeah, on paper it has the makings of a shootout. I'd like Texas chances better in a lower scoring game, I think.

Also... I've been to New Orleans about 1000 times if anybody needs any restaurant or bar recs. There is a place close to the French Quarter where you can buy a fried shrimp po-boy and they will give you a free rickshaw ride to the game. Let me know if anybody needs a hookup there.

Legitimately LOL’d at this. RIP Damoan!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have no buddies in Texas because Im not friends with retarded queers and steers

Kidding.

Kind of.

Plenty of queers in Austin and DFW. Not kidding.
    First time I saw a cross dresser was in a hotel bar in Abilene.

Of course, I didn’t know it was a cross dresser until later when I was leaving their room.
    Abilene is my own personal hell. Fuck that place.

pee wee Herman and slutty madona made twins on Halloween in Abilene. Only good thing that came out of 6 months in that hell hole. The hawks won the SB that year as well, won’t forget that.
  • Options
    BornInAtxBornInAtx Member Posts: 12
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Stat wise in conference games Texas is a poorer version of Oregon (particularly on D) … but in a worse conference

What the Texas people don’t get is how we run so much toss sweep as a means to out leverage and complement the passing game

Not saying that the Texas DTs aren’t good (they are) … but we should be able to neutralize them a bit

What always gave Kwat’s defenses the most problems?

Texas’ defense is fast. They will be the fastest team UW has played at the second level. Playing them side to side will play into their strengths and I don’t expect that to be a big part of the UW game plan.

Your WRs and your QB though impress the hell out of me. They are going to make plays and this is going to be one hell of a ball game.

As a Texas fan, I’ve been following UW all season and been saying they should be one of the favorites from the beginning.

Texas is light years better than they were the last time we played y’all. But I think UW very well may be the most complete team I’ve seen this year.

I did not want to play UW… would rather have played either of the other 2 (already beat Bama)… I think Texas can pull it out but I think it’s going to be a classic