Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

No one giving us a chance

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,166
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

2 seed with the worst betting odds, and literally no one I've seen has picked us to beat Texas. National pundits are fucking retarded. Everyone is saying Texas is going to beat us, Brady Quinn said they beat us handily because they'll dominate us on both lines. He also said that our offense lacks balance and that he hasn't seen enough from Dillon Johnson this year. Holy fuckall. I fucking love it tho. Give us ALL the bulletin bored material. We eat that shit up, I think Deboer loves it.

Joel Klatt just said he gives us the edge because we're the worst matchup for Texas of the remaining teams. He's the only one who's even brought up the fact that we played them in the Alamo bowl last year.

Imagine not knowing these two teams with essentially the same fucking rosters just played each other...in fucking Texas
    I brought this up at work and was told "These are totally different teams!"

Except they aren't.
    Yeah, this years dawgs are better. Don’t know about the horneys.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,430
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    While I was watching yesterday, RGIII and one of the other guys he was with both went Huskies.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,430
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Texas has the most talented roster in the nation (everybody says so).

Seriously though, they do have studs at every level. The issue is coaching and how badly the team wants to win. Sometimes they look distracted in the games I've watched. (They look like Sark-coached teams, basically.)

They did have some good players sit out last year's Alamo Bowl, IIRC. I think their top two RBs didn't play. So they are definitely better than last year, just like UW is.

I think if Ewers is on his game, this will be a very close one. Thinking a key turnover late will be the deciding factor. I like my Dwags in this one, 42-38.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dude i have to give props Sarks agent. They have really hyped up his offensive power. Everyone is talking about Sark having a whole month to prepare. Is this the same sark that got his shit pushed in every big game
  • Options
    TheHB said:

Best playcaller in America.

apparently, even Tejas fans drinking that koolaid
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

FireCohen said:

Has anyone seen Texas play this season? People are saying that is 2nd best WR in the nation. First time hearing about them. I thought tOSU was better

i watched almost every texas game. they look like a typical front runner sark team that routinely makes no half time adjustments and gives up leads.
    I mean, we cant really throw stones in the giving up leads glass house
    3rd quarters are pretty treacherous yes. but still
  • Options

phineas said:

FireCohen said:

Has anyone seen Texas play this season? People are saying that is 2nd best WR in the nation. First time hearing about them. I thought tOSU was better

i watched almost every texas game. they look like a typical front runner sark team that routinely makes no half time adjustments and gives up leads.
    I mean, we cant really throw stones in the giving up leads glass house
    But this team is not front runners
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,528
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The narrative against UW will not change until we win the B1G. Then, and only then, will modern sports media (who are motivated by clicks) actually cover UW as a power.

Disagree. If we win the playoff, it'll change.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

People who actually somewhat understand UW: RG3, Mullens, and Klatt. I will give Herbie a little credit too compared to the rest of the ESPN cocksuckers.

Desmon Howard got interviewed today on ESPN and was asked about the matchups and I kid you not he literally said “Washington and Texas is such a unique fun matchup because I can’t remember the last time these 2 teams played each other”. LOL couldn’t even really get mad at something so ridiculous.

Spot on John Madden impression, Desmond.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Mullen Picked the Dwags

Also Worthy got injured in the game on Saturday. I'm not going to summon Bison Duck but he would probably say he's out for 2 months based on two flashes of the camera to him on the sideline with crutches

High ankle sprain
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,806
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Canadawg said:

Mullen Picked the Dwags

Also Worthy got injured in the game on Saturday. I'm not going to summon Bison Duck but he would probably say he's out for 2 months based on two flashes of the camera to him on the sideline with crutches

High ankle sprain
    Yeah, he's cooked.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Mullen Picked the Dwags

High ankle sprain
    Yeah, he's cooked.
    Bummer. Him dropping passes last year was like having a 12th defender on the field.