Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elite O Line - Winning

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

I noted in October that Buelows injury was big. The stretch beginning against ASU where they blitzed the 0 gap was highly disruptive. We? had no answer. The OL started clicking again once he got back. Losing Mele at the start was a big loss for depth; that showed up when Buelow went down.

Yep. I didn't really give it much thought at the time as I've been underrating Buelow by a lot.
  • Options
    HonestDonHonestDon Member Posts: 97
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

Lost in the shuffle is how well our O Line is playing. Elite at this point, easily top 3 in all of CFB.

Due to this factor we should be able to beat Texas similar to Oregon, and control the game.

Early in the Oregon broadcast I thought I heard one of the announcers say “Oregon’s talented defensive line really likes this matchup.” What’s there to like? It’s the best o-line they saw all year.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Oline silenced Dorlus.
  • Options

Kwat had Vita, Gaines and Levi and Stanfords third string offensive line pushed their shit in. I think this UW team can figure out a way to move the ball.

Didn’t Kwat have 3-4 seasons with the best defense in the Pac? I don’t think he’s Buddy Ryan or anything but he’s the best D-coordinator we?ve had this century.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HonestDon said:

Kwat had Vita, Gaines and Levi and Stanfords third string offensive line pushed their shit in. I think this UW team can figure out a way to move the ball.

Didn’t Kwat have 3-4 seasons with the best defense in the Pac? I don’t think he’s Buddy Ryan or anything but he’s the best D-coordinator we?ve had this century.
    With Lake coaching the secondary, yeah.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023
    HonestDon said:

Nah. Morrell is better

Undefeated

Kwat losses us multiple games this year

Not as good on paper. Ten times better in high pressure, must get off the field situations
  • Options

HonestDon said:

Nah. Morrell is better

Undefeated

Kwat losses us multiple games this year

Not as good on paper. Ten times better in high pressure, must get off the field situations
    I kinda agree with this but I see a lot of “DeBoner hired two weak position coaches instead of a good DC” on this board. It worms into my brain—the way the old man used to fall asleep to cable news and wake up with a bunch of hot takes the next day.

The narrative in my head all season is Morrell and Inge are mediocre and we should have better.

But can’t argue with 13-0.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Wow I bet all the NFL teams have 360 pound dlineman cause they're strong and athletic right? Right?

Yeah their weights don't impress me.
    George’s St Pierre? If you know you know.