Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elite O Line - Winning

Lost in the shuffle is how well our O Line is playing. Elite at this point, easily top 3 in all of CFB.

Due to this factor we should be able to beat Texas similar to Oregon, and control the game.

Comments

• Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Texas has two guys inside that weight a combined <750 lbs. love that we have DJ in pass pro
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RTD said:

Texas has two guys inside that weight a combined <750 lbs. love that we have DJ in pass pro</p>

I trust Tybo to block them. I can picture it in my head now. I hope he’s healthy.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2023
    RTD said:

Texas has two guys inside that weight a combined <750 lbs. love that we have DJ in pass pro</p>

our guards are not fucking small either. pretty sure they are under 650. even vita vea was only 340 and he was massive
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

FireCohen said:

RTD said:

our guards are not fucking small either. pretty sure they are under 650. even vita vea was only 340 and he was massive
    Kalepo and Buelow have really grown the fuck up. They're both monstrous but look athletic as fuck. I remember thinking they were a couple of giant butterballs.
    Thank god they can handle the bag well
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,650
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The offensive line went through ups and downs in 2022 similar to this year. Also similar to this year is that, by the end, they were damn good. The running game that was piss poor early carried a big load in late games both seasons.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    It was touch and go at certain points for the OL this season. But that was a skullfucking Magnus Opus on Friday that was extremely enjoyable to watch. Had a buddy that is a football fan but no ties to Husky football text me on Friday night: “time to get more NIL for those OL!” I couldn’t agree more. Still fired up about what I saw up front.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,650
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Wow I bet all the NFL teams have 360 pound dlineman cause they're strong and athletic right? Right?

Yeah their weights don't impress me.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,651
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Wow I bet all the NFL teams have 360 pound dlineman cause they're strong and athletic right? Right?

Lol. This

Fat fucking losers
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

RTD said:

The Dawgs Oline is great, I was just saying it’s great that we have DJ picking up the blitz too.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,014
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

FireCohen said:

RTD said:

Kalepo and Buelow have really grown the fuck up. They're both monstrous but look athletic as fuck. I remember thinking they were a couple of giant butterballs.
    To be fair they were at first.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

RTD said:

I trust Tybo to block them. I can picture it in my head now. I hope he’s healthy.
    It ain’t his health. Better close with Jason Brown Jr.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Probably 6-7 NFL dudes on that line. And that aint no jive.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I noted in October that Buelows injury was big. The stretch beginning against ASU where they blitzed the 0 gap was highly disruptive. We? had no answer. The OL started clicking again once he got back. Losing Mele at the start was a big loss for depth; that showed up when Buelow went down.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,016
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    RTD said:

Texas has two guys inside that weight a combined <750 lbs</p>

Less than 750 lbs is a large range.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Texas has 2 really great DTs, their edges are prime Kwat JAGs.