Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    It's been bad. But miles has made it look worse than it actually is
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I didn't see it as particularly bad. I thought it was average against a good Stanford team. If you think the pass pro was bad... I mean, what are you supposed to do against a good DL as Stanford?

You block guys into lanes--if John Denver keeps running right into those lanes, he's gonna get sacked. He got blitzed a lot and didn't check down.

I feel like I'm taking cray pills because that was the first time I've EVER seen a UW QB straight up take us out of a game we could've won (not including Fouch and Paus).
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

I didn't see it as particularly bad. I thought it was average against a good Stanford team. If you think the pass pro was bad... I mean, what are you supposed to do against a good DL as Stanford?

You block guys into lanes--if John Denver keeps running right into those lanes, he's gonna get sacked. He got blitzed a lot and didn't check down.

I feel like I'm taking cray pills because that was the first time I've EVER seen a UW QB straight up take us out of a game we could've won (not including Fouch and Paus).

I'm not excusing Miles but that O line was nothing short of a disaster today. There was hardly any blocking on any play today. Miles could never hang out in the pocket because someone was going to get through.

What Miles needs to fucking learn is when someone from the edge is coming full speed at you STEP THE FUCK UP in to the pocket and don't try to turn the corner to the outside every fucking time. I am sure that shit worked in high school for him but in D1 that shit won't work.

He tries to go outside and then Stanford has an extremely easy time defending that one side of the field he is rolling out to while pushing him back.

There isn't really anything good to say about any player on our offense. John Ross won't be a factor if no one else can do shit.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

I'm not excusing Miles but that O line was nothing short of a disaster today. There was hardly any blocking on any play today. Miles could never hang out in the pocket because someone was going to get through.

What Miles needs to fucking learn is when someone from the edge is coming full speed at you STEP THE FUCK UP in to the pocket and don't try to turn the corner to the outside every fucking time. I am sure that shit worked in high school for him but in D1 that shit won't work.

He tries to go outside and then Stanford has an extremely easy time defending that one side of the field he is rolling out to while pushing him back.

There isn't really anything good to say about any player on our offense. John Ross won't be a factor if no one else can do shit.
    Have to disagree. I didn't see miles running for his life because he had to.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Maybe if Miles spent time watching Russell Wilson play QB and not that human statue Manning he would have a freaking clue not to run right into oncoming rush.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Just a note - on twitter Roof is blaming the OL.
    Well they do suck. I don't know if I see one of them playing Sundays
    OL doubled down and played shitty pass protection and run blocking.
  • sdawg14sdawg14 Member Posts: 7
    That pass protection was an abomination period. You would think a veteran offensive line would be better but for all we know coach Strausser may have had to go back to square one with this group undoing all the damage done by Dan Cozetto and his inability to develop players or let alone recruit. As far as Miles goes he has worse mechanics than the NFL version of Tim Tebow and I don't think its a coincidence that Jake Browning is coming in January because there will be a wide open shot to be the starter as Miles is not the long term answer at QB.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,050
    Couldn't push Shittu out.
    Miles is certainly not the answer. His best play is the hook slide. I guess when the opposition is a bit more stout than a girl holding a camera he doesn't come out quite as tough.

I see transfers coming. Petersen is gonna want to get to HIS players sooner rather than later. Browning coming in for Spring Ball and Carta-Samuels getting a year under this belt. All we need to do is keep one of the current QB.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Hello there:
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=282500264
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=302470252
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=302610264 (the gold standard)
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=303030264
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=303640264
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Missed the game - how did Ossai look today?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    dhdawg said:

It's been bad. But miles has made it look worse than it actually is

This
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

BRB JO
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    Haven't seen an offense that dominated up front since ASU last year and most games in 2012. Nothing, not a single play requiring real blocking, had a chance to develop. Coleman had two good runs up the gut. That's it. For a whole game.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Miles can't let all of the blame go. He made some bad decisions. But the oline sucked donkey balls. Yes we are lucky that we get to watch Russell Wilson bail out the shitty offensive line week after week. (If you don't think he bails them out, do you think Peyton would drop 5,000 yards or even 40 TDs on the seahawks?)

But Russell is a top 10 qb. Miles makes some really good throws. But the oline gets most of the blame there. Yes he could have scrambled better, he could have found receivers on the run. But he had trees in his face all game long.

To me, this goes back to what we've said for years. Sark did a shitty job recruiting oline. Period. Same for the dline. We do have Shelton but that's it.