Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Washington-Oregon Title Game will be a MALE SOAP OPERA on Steroids!

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,540
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not sure I feel like Doogles does about this season. Yes it's been stressful, it's been irritating, no blowouts since Mich St. but we sure have been entertained. There's nothing like watching a football game with your son, and seeing who can scream the loudest and most obscenities per play/flag.

In hindsight it's been entertaining and 12-0 is a huge accomplishment. A game or two to breath in the back half was more than needed though.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The Duck Refuge as of late? 😁
    As of late?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'm not sure I feel like Doogles does about this season. Yes it's been stressful, it's been irritating, no blowouts since Mich St. but we sure have been entertained. There's nothing like watching a football game with your son, and seeing who can scream the loudest and most obscenities per play/flag.

In hindsight it's been entertaining and 12-0 is a huge accomplishment. A game or two to breath in the back half was more than needed though.
    Tim and beach walks all bring perspective.

Despite all of my bellyaching about the close games, I’m really happy how the season turned out. Hopefully we can replicate the success next season in our new conference.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Re: DEBoor & money, I agree with @DerekJohnson that he gives that impression. However, his career track has been as a climber.

DeBoer will leave…I don’t think this year, but he will eventually leave. You should expect quality people to do that, and have a list of prospective replacements at the ready.
    They should give him the support he’s earned. If they care about the AD they’ll do that.

Love to see him stay for a good while — crazy ups and downs but he’s exposed Lake as a fraud over and over with the same /worse talent.
    I've fully prepared for Deboer to leave at some point. Could even been this year. I've always been on the boat of just win this year and see what happens. I hate the fans that are like (insert coach) will never leave. They will and Deboer has no connections to the program or region. I just don't think there's a job open yet that makes sense to leave for.
    Unless we overpay, I'd guess it will be, OSU, Michigan, or Notre Dame.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RTD said:

Re: DEBoor & money, I agree with @DerekJohnson that he gives that impression. However, his career track has been as a climber.

DeBoer will leave…I don’t think this year, but he will eventually leave. You should expect quality people to do that, and have a list of prospective replacements at the ready.
    They should give him the support he’s earned. If they care about the AD they’ll do that.

Love to see him stay for a good while — crazy ups and downs but he’s exposed Lake as a fraud over and over with the same /worse talent.
    I've fully prepared for Deboer to leave at some point. Could even been this year. I've always been on the boat of just win this year and see what happens. I hate the fans that are like (insert coach) will never leave. They will and Deboer has no connections to the program or region. I just don't think there's a job open yet that makes sense to leave for.
    Unless we overpay, I'd guess it will be, OSU, Michigan, or Notre Dame.

Michigan does raise my nerves since it is starting to smell at least to me that Michigan might not be sanctioned and that Harbaugh will either be forced out or just be tired of being fucked with by the NCAA. If Michigan comes calling with no sanctions this year it's something to really worry about, especially with him having not signed an extension yet.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And who knows? DeBoer may not care how much he and his staff get at Washington if moving back to the Midwest is something he values highly.

In other words, if he wants to coach at Michigan and Michigan wants him to be coach, there might not be anything UW can do.

But they better go down fighting regardless. Not the time to pinch pennies.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    During Pod regarding brock: someone said he was doogin' on the cowherd show after oregon win? link?

Not sure why he started sucking off bo so hard on nat'l TV last friday but he did and I was pissed when I heard he was calling the apple cup the next night having to hear his stupid ass comments after each play.

Some of the hatred isn't all his fault - It has to do with the horrible Seattle sports talk radio the last 15+ years and he is just a product of it. They all suck.

I used to listen to him on the salk show because I thought he had some insider info but all he talks about his his wife & kids and sometimes brother and brother's kid...

He's beyond annoying
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LaZoris said:

During Pod regarding brock: someone said he was doogin' on the cowherd show after oregon win? link?

Not sure why he started sucking off bo so hard on nat'l TV last friday but he did and I was pissed when I heard he was calling the apple cup the next night having to hear his stupid ass comments after each play.

Some of the hatred isn't all his fault - It has to do with the horrible Seattle sports talk radio the last 15+ years and he is just a product of it. They all suck.

I used to listen to him on the salk show because I thought he had some insider info but all he talks about his his wife & kids and sometimes brother and brother's kid...

He's beyond annoying

Brock is extra annoying. I just think announcing for sports has turned into blowing coaches and players the whole time and I really don't get it. I miss Keith Jackson.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LaZoris said:

He's beyond annoying

Brock is extra annoying. I just think announcing for sports has turned into blowing coaches and players the whole time and I really don't get it. I miss Keith Jackson.
    Keith Jackson knew when to say nothing. Play by play guys now never even breathe or let the game speak. They spout endless bullshit that the production meetings tell them to
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

LaZoris said:

He's beyond annoying

Keith Jackson knew when to say nothing. Play by play guys now never even breathe or let the game speak. They spout endless bullshit that the production meetings tell them to
    this part I agree with 100%

Vin Scully during Gibson's WS homer is a prime example
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

And who knows? DeBoer may not care how much he and his staff get at Washington if moving back to the Midwest is something he values highly.

In other words, if he wants to coach at Michigan and Michigan wants him to be coach, there might not be anything UW can do.

But they better go down fighting regardless. Not the time to pinch pennies.

If Michigan truly wants Deboer I don't see what they couldn't match appeal wise with UW. I also wonder if a big thing could be the recruiting base. The northwest has fallen off a cliff for producing actually good recruits and it's hard to convince guys to come up here from out of region, especially when the NIL offering still appears to be small compared to others.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LaZoris said:

He's beyond annoying

https://youtu.be/rBANWImqoAM?si=q-FL0zO94PGnZuXY
  • Options
    SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 563
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Apple Car Play won't play these pods anymore for me, which is annoying. Car Play is annoying. Ford is annoying.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2023

DeBoer was on Salk this morning. Probably a replay

Says they don't feel pressure just excited about the opportunity

Like perhaps they are built for this

We all know where the pressure is tomorrow

Imagine that! A coach who is enjoying the moment. Not long ago, we? had Captain Burnout with a 2x4 up his ass, who couldn't even get excited about the Rose Bowl.
    I still take that comment from Petersen personally and will never forgive him for it. It’s OK to feel that way, but you keep that shit to yourself. It’s disrespectful to the fans, your staff, and your players to vocalize that to anyone other than @MrsPetersen.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam