Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious Update: Pup has passed away

123457»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

GOOOOOOOO!!!!!

FRANNNIIIIEEES!!!!!
  • Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Damn.

I absolutely hate this news and really sad I've come across it a week late.

I never seemed to get under pup's skin as well as some of you did but I'll proudly wear my Sermon Seeker title around these parts as long as it sticks.

Most interesting dichotomy of absolutely worthless shit-tier football takes and total must read, can't-miss-a-poast when he was talking anything else mythical character any of us will ever encounter. Certainly the most unique individual I've ever interacted with, anywhere.

Pup was one of one.

RIP, King.

I should add to this that I could never stand Pup at Dawgman. He had various titles: cford, Sugarlove, PuppyLove, Steelheader, LamboBacker. All of them were horrible.

I was not happy when he made his way over here, but the freedom of HH allowed pup's colorful vocabulary to take him to unforeseen heights. At DM he was just clueless about football and constantly angry. At HH he was clueless about football and constantly angry and a fucking demigod.

Thanks @DerekJohnson for providing a place for random outliers like Pup to find their voice. This place is a treasure.
    Well said @dnc

I'm convinced now that about 81% percent of Pup's tall tales were either complete bullshit, or greatly exaggerated. Hell, he might have even been a Jack doog for all we know, shit talking us? bonafied alums as "new fish" who never set foot in Husky Stadium.

But he posted with a conviction and unique prose that was unequaled in this community. I recall there was an episode of Ken Burn's extrordinary PBS series on cuntry music ( @RaceBannon will know it ) about Hank Williams Sr entitled "Hillbilly Shakespeare". Perhaps Pup will be remembered as the Half Brain Shakespeare .
    To large degree Pup made HH, yet equally, HH made Pup.
    I believe around these parts, we call that abundance.
    Holy fuckall!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Moved to Classics.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:
    #truth

And if you must have your wedding or funeral in the fall, then at least do it on the Husky bye weekend (invariably in late Sept or early Oct).
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

dnc said:
    #truth

And if you must have your wedding or funeral in the fall, then at least do it on the Husky bye weekend (invariably in late Sept or early Oct).
    I had to leave the 2007 Ohio State game at halftime to go to a friend's wedding. We? were winning 7 - 3 at half and to this day I pretend that UW won that game.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Pup made the ultimate sacrifice for us.