Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Penix & wr speculation

124»

Comments

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think I heard somewhere that they can only take one needle per day...IF Mike is getting the jab pre-game, that shit wears off in a couple of hours (trust me, from experience)...
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Yeah, this idea that they are going to come out with a different gameplan than the one that has gone 12-0 is all kinds of fucking stupid. And if they did change it up and lost, Deboer would be getting the Cristobal treatment (rightfully so) in the media.

You’re confusing game plan and offensive philosophy.
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

And they've played, and won, 12 games with the gameplans of Penix throwing fades and outs deep to the sidelines over screens. And the Duck secondary is questionable against deep balls.

And people here are expecting them to come out Friday suddenly throwing short and letting the Ducks keep the offense in front of them, like it's not the dumbest idea ever.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

And they've played, and won, 12 games with the gameplans of Penix throwing fades and outs deep to the sidelines over screens. And the Duck secondary is questionable against deep balls.

And people here are expecting them to come out Friday suddenly throwing short and letting the Ducks keep the offense in front of them, like it's not the dumbest idea ever.

Like the usc game. ;)
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, this idea that they are going to come out with a different gameplan than the one that has gone 12-0 is all kinds of fucking stupid. And if they did change it up and lost, Deboer would be getting the Cristobal treatment (rightfully so) in the media.

I'm going to assume that their game plan is a little more involved than "well we're 12-0, roll the same shit out". They scored 22 and 24 points against two mediocre secondaries, and you know that is driving them up a fucking wall. I'm pretty confident that our 23-2 coaching staff knows how to review game film, pinpoint what didn't work (which we here have pointed out ad nauseum), and put changes in place to fix that shit. If they didn't they wouldn't be 23-2.
    Let me know when they figure out the TE outlet pass.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm going to assume that their game plan is a little more involved than "well we're 12-0, roll the same shit out". They scored 22 and 24 points against two mediocre secondaries, and you know that is driving them up a fucking wall. I'm pretty confident that our 23-2 coaching staff knows how to review game film, pinpoint what didn't work (which we here have pointed out ad nauseum), and put changes in place to fix that shit. If they didn't they wouldn't be 23-2.
    Let me know when they figure out the TE outlet pass.
    Westover has at least two big 4th down catches the last few games
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Like DJ said in the pod, how’s about getting Westy (ILTCHWIDT) the ball in stride so he doesn’t have to Baryshnikov every catch …
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

I don't think he's hurt or broken. I think he was just completely relieved that the game was over and they survived to finish the conference season unbeaten. I was freaking the fuck out myself and just didn't have anyone here to throw a cape on me and walk me out of the living room. I'll be honest - I could have used that. I don't even want to think how I would have melted down had they lost that game - so I figure Mike was probably feeling something similar.

I've seen this shit before. Great Husky teams struggling with an over-matched Coog squad that decides not to suck for one game in November and step up their woeful game in an effort to sock big brother in the mouth. It really looked like it was going to happen again and I was going over the coping mechanisms I was going to employ to get over it in my head.

When the kick sailed through, I had to stand there for a minute to make sure it was real.

So I got it when Mike just walked out of there to take a minute to think about what just happened. I trust he'll have himself squared away by the time we face off against the ducks in the biggest game of the season. I'm not sure I can even handle watching the fucking game the way these guys have been squeaking them out. Apparently, they're built for this.

TSINO

Good poast. It seems a lot of teams have figured out this team's offense and constant moving in and out of plays only to snap the ball with .5 seconds left, isn't fooling anyone. There is talk about the cougs having UW's signals. What other teams figured their shit out?